Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Im 100% sure you work in sales.....or for Aliexpress :D

Haha, just trying to be helpful. $20 off any $200 order is a pretty good deal imo and it ends in a couple of hours. If it wasn't limited to 1 use per customer my bank account would be empty right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

alwald wrote: »
    I will try my best MidlandsM to take it in a good spirit, how is it a load of b0llox? I can post several links but I didn't want to in order to not look like if I am only polluting this thread, if you look at my recent few posts in other threads you will notice that I am in the hunt for a new phone and I plan to move from an IOS to an android hence why I posted here.........and BTW my question was genuine and honest 100%.

Pretty much all phones are made in Asia, so why would 1 brands phone blow a gaff up and the other wouldnt:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

quick question, Nexus 5 is at 350 EUR, Oneplus one is priced at the same, on top of that the Moto G LTE is priced at around 150 EUR, with all these phones you get a warranty and I am quite sure that from a safe and healthy point of view there is less chance to have a fire in the house from these phones rather than the Chinese unbranded phones, so the question is why should I go for a Chinese unbranded phone rather than one of the three that I mentioned above if the price difference isn't massive?

There is no reason if the price point is right for you m8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

a fire from a chinese phone. Can we close this thread on that note?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Pretty much all phones are made in Asia, so why would 1 brands phone blow a gaff up and the other wouldnt:confused:

The standard of the place where they are made and all the safety componenents might be different even if they are all made in China, sure everything is made in China and that is not the point, the point is all about all the certifications for health and safety that are acquired by big brands prior to making their phones plus all the expertise in the field. In addition from a media point of view a fire because of a well known brand will get more attention than a less known brand.

spix wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here

I never said that a branded phone will never cause fire, my point is about poor level of certifications from a less know brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I never said that a branded phone will never cause fire, my point is about poor level of certifications from a less know brands.

You mentioned above links you could post, I'd be interested to see them. This thread is just the place for them.

corwill wrote: »
    You mentioned above links you could post, I'd be interested to see them. This thread is just the place for them.

I will once I have 50+ posts :)

He's/shes only trying to up his post count for the 1+1 thread.

I'd be very suspicious about his posting. He/she has very little interest in buying one of these i'd imagine, only looking for posts.

• Advertisement

Update on the 1+1. Order status has changed to 'Fund Processing'

Going to assume that's Chinese for refund processing.

Oh well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

spix wrote: »

I guess that counts as 'evidence'.

Between requirements for evidence for posts, and other posts on this thread tis surely time to give up altogether.

Goodnight all.

must be something in the air, bringing out the stupidity in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

quick question, Nexus 5 is at 350 EUR, Oneplus one is priced at the same, on top of that the Moto G LTE is priced at around 150 EUR, with all these phones you get a warranty and I am quite sure that from a safe and healthy point of view there is less chance to have a fire in the house from these phones rather than the Chinese unbranded phones, so the question is why should I go for a Chinese unbranded phone rather than one of the three that I mentioned above if the price difference isn't massive?

The Moto is made by Motorola - Chinese.
    The Oneplusone is - Chinese.
    The Nexus is probably - Chinese.

If you are spending €150 there are Chinese phones that are way better than the Moto G.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

looks like xiaomshop arent shipping any phones till the 25th ...just when i was going to buy:(

has anyone got the elephone p8 or p2000? whats your opinions?

Just got confirmation that my order is delayed until next week. I contacted them after your post, I don't think they were going to let me know. They say that the 1S is out of stock in Germany but they can ship from another warehouse for 4 euro extra.

Discodog wrote: »
    The Moto is made by Motorola - Chinese.
    The Nexus is probably - Chinese.

If you are spending €150 there are Chinese phones that are way better than the Moto G.

But the other brands are better Chinese :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I ordered last night and its showing as being prepared in EU warehouse.....whoopee :D

I ordered last night and its showing as being prepared in EU warehouse.....whoopee :D

My order's status changed to the same status at about 4.55 this morning, just waiting on a DHL tracking number now. Still a possibility I'll have it to play with over the weekend!

They were doing a bit of humming and hawing over my request for a UK charger plug, so I told them to just ship it with the EU plug. I have a few chargers hanging around at home, and the one I use when I'm on the continent was giving off a worrying amount of heat a few weeks ago on holidays, so I'll be glad of the replacement. Still, though, I was surprised that the request for a UK plug was an issue.

Discodog wrote: »

No-one has ever, ever, had an issue with a 1+1. Not a soul.

No-one has ever, ever, had an issue with a 1+1. Not a soul.

No has ever had an issue with the Moto G.

Oh wait.
    All phones have there problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lads I've a one plus one and the missus has a moto g should I stock up on fire extinguishers just in case?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Lads I've a one plus one and the missus has a moto g should I stock up on fire extinguishers just in case?

ah your house must be a death trap.

Next you'll be telling me you still use white bread, thats known for random explosions.

You might be best to relocate to a Bioshock-style gaff underneath the sea, just in case.

It's still a risk. Give the 1+1 to me and reduce the risk by 50% :)

My mates frustrated with the 1+1 he hasnt got patience or the temperment to fix it, looks like ill have to sell it....or buy it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

My order's status changed to the same status at about 4.55 this morning, just waiting on a DHL tracking number now. Still a possibility I'll have it to play with over the weekend!

They were doing a bit of humming and hawing over my request for a UK charger plug, so I told them to just ship it with the EU plug. I have a few chargers hanging around at home, and the one I use when I'm on the continent was giving off a worrying amount of heat a few weeks ago on holidays, so I'll be glad of the replacement. Still, though, I was surprised that the request for a UK plug was an issue.

I requested a UK plug/charger when I placed my order, I got this reply;

We always arrange the EU charger to EU countries by random.And you have chosen shipping from EU warehouse,our EU warehouse only a warehouse,they only in charge to ship the parcel,so it have a little hard to arrange the UK charger to you,so we only can say we will try to arrange it.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Pi$$ed off that I could place my order with the phone not being available, dropped them a message there and see what they'll come back with.

It's still a risk. Give the 1+1 to me and reduce the risk by 50% :)

Aside from the yellow screen issue, is he having any other problems with it?

DeadSkin wrote: »
    I requested a UK plug/charger when I placed my order, I got this reply;

We always arrange the EU charger to EU countries by random.And you have chosen shipping from EU warehouse,our EU warehouse only a warehouse,they only in charge to ship the parcel,so it have a little hard to arrange the UK charger to you,so we only can say we will try to arrange it.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

That's the same spiel I got.

xiaomishop.com tell me that my Mi-3 has shipped, just mashing f5 on the dhl website waiting for the tracking reference to register with them.

• Advertisement

xiaomishop.com tell me that my Mi-3 has shipped, just mashing f5 on the dhl website waiting for the tracking reference to register with them.

When did you order?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement