Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Thargor wrote: »
    €225 then DHL, €215 standard post, still the best by a fair whack for 4G, everything else mildly decent and 4G is €350, also this is a Snapdragon processor so should be no GPS worries...
    Nubia mini is 4G :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

found this comparison between the xiaomi note and mi3

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4g-1836-vs-xiaomi-mi-3-1026

From reading it, the Mi3 is far superior

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

€225 then DHL, €215 standard post, still the best by a fair whack for 4G, everything else mildly decent and 4G is €350, also this is a Snapdragon processor so should be no GPS worries...
    How much better are the screens on the Nubias do you think? Not too bothered about the camera, the tests they did on Gizchina of the Xiaomi camera look spectacular.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-5-5-ZTE-Grand-S-II-SII-S2-LTE-Android-Quad-Core-Smartphone-Snapdragon-801/1911063231.html

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

fixxxer wrote: »
    People using the Mi3 and Mi4 developer version of MIUI, version 6 is available! Downloading it now.

what took you so long ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

what took you so long ? 

My data connection ;)

Although, to clarify, this isn't the Beta builds, it's the full release version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

€225 then DHL, €215 standard post, still the best by a fair whack for 4G, everything else mildly decent and 4G is €350,

I have a psychological block on phones that go over the 200 euro mark!! I am taking tablets for it, but they aren't working!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

spix wrote: »
    Thats excellent thanks and I might go for it, will think about it over the weekend when I can get to a pc to have a proper look.

PLEASE dont hesitate to post anything else you find in the meantime, Ive got the new phone shakes now! :D

eamonnq wrote: »
    I have a psychological block on phones that go over the 200 euro mark!! I am taking tablets for it, but they aren't working!!
    Im the same but as long as its just the postage Ill forgive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

• Advertisement

2300 mah battery on those Nubia Minis though, why did they do that?

2300 mah battery on those Nubia Minis though, why did they do that?

Probably to keep them skinny.

There is no denying that Nubia mini is one sexy looking phone :D

Barr wrote: »
    Probably to keep them skinny.

There is no denying that Nubia mini is one sexy looking phone :D

So good looking in fact you can get a naked case :pac:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bepak-Naked-Series-Anti-Scratch-Hard-Clear-Back-Case-For-ZTE-Nubia-Z7-Mini-with-Screen/2001683145.html

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Going to pull the thread on on the Xiaomi 1s over the weekend, I think. Going to get if from xiaomishop, are any of the accessories worth getting other than the free case they ship it with?

Also, is the the Snapdragon version superior to the MTK one? Both the same price.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

newg300 wrote: »
    Going to pull the thread on on the Xiaomi 1s over the weekend, I think. Going to get if from xiaomishop, are any of the accessories worth getting other than the free case they ship it with?

Also, is the the Snapdragon version superior to the MTK one? Both the same price.

Thanks.

I got a hard back case and a tpu case for my Mi3, less than 8 quid for the two, well worth the money. The free flip case, however, is an absolute minger.

Snapdragon, for better GPS and app compatibility, IMHO.

Redmi 1S going for €104.78 on etotalk at the moment - http://www.etotalk.com/xiaomi-redmi-1s-wcdma_p5758.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

corwill wrote: »
    Redmi 1S going for €104.78 on etotalk at the moment - http://www.etotalk.com/xiaomi-redmi-1s-wcdma_p5758.html

Would be a good price if they didn't change a minimum $20 shipping. Can be got cheaper elsewhere.

Would be a good price if they didn't change a minimum $20 shipping. Can be got cheaper elsewhere.

Just alerting newg300 to a cheaper option than the s/he is looking at that I had happened upon, sure if there's cheaper again, then I'm sure s/he'd appreciate the steer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Can you link to the cheaper alternative please? I'm looking to get a +/- €100 5 inch screen phone for my 13 year old son and this looks like very good value and good specs.

Is there anything else I should be considering in this price range?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any redmi 1s users here? What miui version have you installed. Mine came with version 24, there is an update available for version 36.

Any one try an update? I see mixed reviews on other forums about it.

I have one issue on my 1s where the RTE news app won't launch. Tried uninstalling/installing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

BullBauld wrote: »
    Ordered a 1S through Xiaomishop on Wednesday. Going by a few other posters and the speed of their deliveries I thought I might have heard something by now.

Delivery is coming from the EU warehouse and the status has remained as 'preperation in EU warehouse' since the order was made.

I had a similar problem, I contacted them and they said I ordered from the German warehouse where they had ran out of stock. I eventually got them to ship it from their itlalian warehouse at their cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

corwill wrote: »
    Just alerting newg300 to a cheaper option than the s/he is looking at that I had happened upon, sure if there's cheaper again, then I'm sure s/he'd appreciate the steer.

He. ;)

Yeah, I happy to look at cheaper options. The main reason I'm looking at xiaomishop is the EU warehouse (so no messing around with customs and possible further charges) and that fact people in this thread have had good experiences with them.

newg300 wrote: »
    He. ;)

Yeah, I happy to look at cheaper options. The main reason I'm looking at xiaomishop is the EU warehouse (so no messing around with customs and possible further charges) and that fact people in this thread have had good experiences with them.

Just works out €38 or so in the difference, something to bear in mind, is all. Might find it cheaper again from aliexpress, if you can identify a trustworthy seller. If you want quick and hassle free, then that was certainly my experience with xiaomishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Discodog wrote: »
    When you get the chance can you post a comparison between this & the P8 as you have owned both :)

Did Xiaomishop remove the Chinese apps ?

I didn't get long to use the elephone but I definitely prefer the xiaomi. The touch screen seems a lot better and just smoother. The screen quality and resolution is all the one. I think the elephone was just a bit too big. This is the biggest a phone should be at 5.5 inch.
    The camera on the xiaomi is unreal.

No Chinese apps on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Pic from xiaomi note

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Any redmi 1s users here? What miui version have you installed. Mine came with version 24, there is an update available for version 36.

Any one try an update? I see mixed reviews on other forums about it.

I have one issue on my 1s where the RTE news app won't launch. Tried uninstalling/installing.

I'm on version 36, don't really notice any problems with it.

RTE news app was also glitchy for me on other devices, you have to uninstall it by going to settings and clearing all content from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Cenovo N1
    5.5 inch 1920x1080 screen,
    2gb ram
    16mp rotatable camera,
    3100mah battery
    MTK6589 Quad Core 1.5GHz,
    Dual Sim
    Android 4.2

119 euro on hongkongeek with free delivery. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? Is this legit? It's not just this website. It's around the same price on aliexpress etc too. Can any one find a decent review of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Also the hexacore inew V8 with
    5.5inch 1280 x 720 screen and 13mp rotatable camera has now upgraded to 2gb of ram for the same price of 155 euro. trying to decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

90sBla wrote: »
    Cenovo N1
    5.5 inch 1920x1080 screen,
    2gb ram
    16mp rotatable camera,
    3100mah battery
    MTK6589 Quad Core 1.5GHz,
    Dual Sim
    Android 4.2

119 euro on hongkongeek with free delivery. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE? Is this legit? It's not just this website. It's around the same price on aliexpress etc too. Can any one find a decent review of it?

I'd be tempted,.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgfyo80mLaw

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Android KitKat, SD card support and 4G, preferably with a HD screen too.

Any recommendations?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement