Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Got a case and charger from xoami shop free.

Actually you're right I see that now under 'Free Gift'. Still €260 v €240..

I see that merimobiles.com/europe-warehouse/ offer it for c.€240 incl. rooting + extras and state no custom or shipping charges. Are merimobiles reputable, anyone experience ordering from them?

spix wrote: »
    Cheaper here with guaranteed no duty

aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-Original-Xiaomi-M3-Mi3-WCDMA-3G-Qualcomm-800-Quad-Core-2-3GHz-Mobile-Phone-2GB/1153179_1780359776.html[/url]

Choose fedex shipping option, they send every Monday so you'll have to wait a bit but no chance of customs as they ship to the UK first.

$320 vs $355 at xiaomishop

Thanks Spix - will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

unaaine wrote: »

I see that merimobiles.com/europe-warehouse/ offer it for c.€240 incl. rooting + extras and state no custom or shipping charges. Are merimobiles reputable, anyone experience ordering from them?

Merimobiles don't have the mi3 in their european warehouse, they only have 4 phones as shown in the link you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Fabio

unaaine wrote: »

Xiaomishop probably give better aftersales support. I'd guess at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

after sales support on Chinese phones is non existent. order from the cheapest place with no customs. xaoimishop is a rip off if ya ask me. if you want it quick though I suppose its a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Fabio wrote: »
    Xiaomishop probably give better aftersales support. I'd guess at least.

Guess again, have you any EVIDENCE of this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

RossieMan wrote: »
    xaoimishop is a rip off if ya ask me. if you want it quick though I suppose its a good option.

Just as well we didnt ask you before we all bought from there then :D

As for after sales service from any Chinese supplier,forget about it

its grand for what it is like, but it's way overpriced from that of the Chinese stores.

Merimobiles don't have the mi3 in their european warehouse, they only have 4 phones as shown in the link you posted

Yes you're right about it not being available on merimobiles.eu unfortunately :(

RossieMan wrote: »
    its grand for what it is like, but it's way overpriced from that of the Chinese stores.

Not by much tbf and if you get caught by customs then it would usually work out dearer

• Advertisement

ah its about 40 euro really. most of the Chinese sellers have a custom free option if you ask them. they just don't advertise it.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Not by much tbf and if you get caught by customs then it would usually work out dearer

Got cold feet and wanted it quickly so ordered from xaoimishop. Happy now though it's done :)
    Thanks so much everyone for the replies and info. Very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Cheaper here with guaranteed no duty

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-Original-Xiaomi-M3-Mi3-WCDMA-3G-Qualcomm-800-Quad-Core-2-3GHz-Mobile-Phone-2GB/1153179_1780359776.html

Choose fedex shipping option, they send every Monday so you'll have to wait a bit but no chance of customs as they ship to the UK first.

$320 vs $355 at xiaomishop

Would you buy from them given their low feedback ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Discodog wrote: »
    Would you buy from them given their low feedback ?

Yep, they seem very trustworthy even with the low amount of feedback. What you want to watch out for is sellers that have low feedback selling $2 items and barely sell anything of value, but this one has sold 500 phones in the past 3 months with 99.5% positive. The bad reviews are mostly from oneplus one buyers who wanted to return the phone for the yellow band issues (which even oneplus won't do)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Meizu are launching their MX4 live now. This will be THE flagship of 2014.

I'll update post once I get all specs/details

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pity it looks like just another ugly plastic Samsung ripoff:

http://www.gizmochina.com/tag/meizu-mx4/

I think more square and slim like the Xiaomis and ZTE is definitely the way to go in future, thats what Im waiting for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thargor wrote: »
    Pity it looks like just another ugly plastic Samsung ripoff:

http://www.gizmochina.com/tag/meizu-mx4/

I think more square and slim like the Xiaomis and ZTE is definitely the way to go in future, thats what Im waiting for anyway.

Yeah, preferred the look of the mx3 to it. Still, it has a lot else going for it - www.gizchina.com/2014/09/02/meizu-mx4-launch-specifications/

Cheap aswell, 1799 Chinese Yuan equals 223.18 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

Hope it's ok to jump in here and ask for some recommendations. I am looking to buy a new phone for my son for Xmas. He's 15 and at the minute is using an iPhone 3. The battery life is awful tho he charges it twice a day at least!

I am hoping to get him a good Chinese phone. He was looking to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 because he heard the battery is good on them.

What chinese phone would be closest and have best battery life?? He basically only uses it for Facebook YouTube and Snapchat so it would need a front camera.

I would really appreciate any suggestions as I don't want to end up buying crap.

TIA
    D.

The S5 costs upwards of €450 at this stage.

If you're looking for a similar spec'd phone you'd really have to look at something like the OPO to match it.

If battery is all thats important and you can lower the spec a bit, they're many options for you to buy.

However, as its for christmas, i'd wait until Oct/Nov as that's when a lot of phones are being released.
    Will give you much more choice.

• Advertisement

danois wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to jump in here and ask for some recommendations. I am looking to buy a new phone for my son for Xmas. He's 15 and at the minute is using an iPhone 3. The battery life is awful tho he charges it twice a day at least!

I am hoping to get him a good Chinese phone. He was looking to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 because he heard the battery is good on them.

What chinese phone would be closest and have best battery life?? He basically only uses it for Facebook YouTube and Snapchat so it would need a front camera.

I would really appreciate any suggestions as I don't want to end up buying crap.

TIA
    D.
    Have a read of this:

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/08/21/xiaomi-mi3-review-a-year-on/

It really is a ridiculously good phone and they're going cheap enough now. Ask in the dedicated thread in this forum for where to buy one, thinking about giving up on finding a decent 4G that ticks all my boxes and just ordering an Mi3 instead.

danois wrote: »

D.

As RossieMan said, wait until nearer the time, my 14 year old is getting a Xiaomi 1S (as I would not let him spend any more on a phone!!), the screen on his Lenovo A830 has been in the wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Thargor wrote: »
    Have a read of this:

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/08/21/xiaomi-mi3-review-a-year-on/

It really is a ridiculously good phone and they're going cheap enough now. Ask in the dedicated thread in this forum for where to buy one, thinking about giving up on finding a decent 4G that ticks all my boxes and just ordering an Mi3 instead.
    Is the battery the only thing turning you off the Nubia. Users are reporting a day and a half out of it with normal use

Not really, Im never more than 2ft from a charger for most of the day and I have a portable battery pack in my bag for emergencies so Im not that bothered about battery life, a day and a half is a lot better than what I have now anyway. Im just looking for a 5.5 inch 4G phone that looks like the Nubia for cheap, Id probably grab one now if my G3 was dead but as it is its just a pain in the ass to get it to start charging, I can hold out until the new releases on the run up to Christmas anyway, guaranteed there'll be bargains this year with the Oppos, Xaoimis and OnePlusOnes and all the others competing with each other, might even end up with a Nexus 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Anyone know why mobile signal is taking up most of my battery

Do you make a lot of calls?

accap1f8 wrote: »

Which phone is it ?

That's only a small bit higher then normal m8,mine sits around 35% and I hardly ever make calls,if signal reception is bad in your area it will affect it as its constantly trying to lock on to a 3g or 4g signal

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Haven't made a call today and it was the same yesterday. Its the xiaomi note

• Advertisement

Haven't made a call today and it was the same yesterday. Its the xiaomi note

Then its likely to be your signal m8,but its nothing to worry about,unless you think its really draining your battery,

bear in mind that percentage is compared to anything else running on your phone,so if nothing else is running it will seem high

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement