Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

mcg1987 wrote: »
    cheers. Any links to any sellers you'd recommend or any of these Jiayu g5s you think would be better? wanna order something asap now

Have a look through this store

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/311331/search?minPrice=100&maxPrice=200&isFreeShip=y&freeShipCountry=ie&SortType=price_asc

One of the highest rated sellers on aliexpress, have filtered the phones to show all that are $100-$200

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

spix wrote: »
    Have a look through this store

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/311331/search?minPrice=100&maxPrice=200&isFreeShip=y&freeShipCountry=ie&SortType=price_asc

One of the highest rated sellers on aliexpress, have filtered the phones to show all that are $100-$200

cheers for that...I think I've settled on this one as long as it works with 3 ??

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Amoi-A928W-Big-2VX-MTK6592-Octa-Core-Mobile-Phone-Android-4-2-5-0-inch/311331_1710598732.html

What you reckon??

or even this one?

Someone tell me which one and I'll go for it...I'll be able to tell you's then what it's like etc!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Jiayu-G4S-Octa-Core-Phone-3000Mah-Battery-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-4-7-IPS-Gorilla/311331_1806944477.html

or even this one?

Someone tell me which one and I'll go for it...I'll be able to tell you's then what it's like etc!

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Jiayu-G4S-Octa-Core-Phone-3000Mah-Battery-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-4-7-IPS-Gorilla/311331_1806944477.html

Depends on what you're after. Do you prefer big screen, more storage, better battery etc

They both should work on a 3 sim but people have been having issues getting them working on a certain phone recently. I'd make sure the phone supports both 900/2100mhz 3G just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

or even this one?

We look forward to your review.

• Advertisement

Depends on what you're after. Do you prefer big screen, more storage, better battery etc

They both should work on a 3 sim but people have been having issues getting them working on a certain phone recently. I'd make sure the phone supports both 900/2100mhz 3G just to be sure.

By the reading of it only the Jaiyu G4S supports both 900/2100Mhz 3G. The other one only says 2100MHz.

Ah sure the 4.7" would be plenty for what I want it for...facebook, snapchat, gambling mostly all I'll use it for.

I'll wait till Sunday to order it through the app as ye get another $20 off it says. sure why not.

it says if I want android 4.4 installed on it I should leave them a message...what you's reckon to that??

What about the nibiru mars h1c? Was just released and has a new mediatek cpu. Design/UI may not be to everyones taste though. http://www.nbru.cn/product/H1C.html

$170
    5" 1280x720
    MTK6591H 6 core 1.5ghz
    2gb/16gb

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/original-Nibiru-Mars-H1-MTK6592H-Octa-core-1-7G-Mhz-Dual-SIM-5-IPS-3G-Smart/1832147387.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

What about the nibiru mars h1c? Was just released and has a new mediatek cpu. Design/UI may not be to everyones taste though. http://www.nbru.cn/product/H1C.html

$170
    5" 1280x720
    MTK6591H 6 core 1.5ghz
    2gb/16gb

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/original-Nibiru-Mars-H1-MTK6592H-Octa-core-1-7G-Mhz-Dual-SIM-5-IPS-3G-Smart/1832147387.html

Looks like a lot of phone for the money.

corwill wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of phone for the money.

Yep and according to the specs on the official site it supports

Working band GSM: 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz WCDMA: 900 / 2100MHz
    TD-SCDMA: 1880 ~ 1920MHz / 2010 ~ 2025MHz

Will probably be seeing alot of phones with this new cpu soon.

screen resolution a lot better on it but I'd prefer to go for the H1 as opposed to the H1C as it's got the octa-core CPU and isn't much more. You think this would be a better option?

Battery is nowhere near as good though...2000AmH compared with 3000 on Jiayu...

all reviews say it's the best for the money at £121 plus £10 delivery it seems good anyway!

• Advertisement

screen resolution a lot better on it but I'd prefer to go for the H1 as opposed to the H1C as it's got the octa-core CPU and isn't much more. You think this would be a better option?

Battery is nowhere near as good though...2000AmH compared with 3000 on Jiayu...

all reviews say it's the best for the money at £121 plus £10 delivery it seems good anyway!

The h1c has 2000mah and h1 has 2500mah. I'd go for the h1c instead as the combination of newer cpu + lower resolution will probably have better battery life overall. Being cheaper helps too :P

Battery isn't one of the nibiru phone strong points though.. but the Amoi phone you posted above has the octa core with 2000mah, so it could be worse.

G4s is definitely a good phone but there's so many other options, all depends on your personal preference.

The h1c has 2000mah and h1 has 2500mah. I'd go for the h1c instead as the combination of newer cpu + lower resolution will probably have better battery life overall. Being cheaper helps too :P

Battery isn't one of the nibiru phone strong points though.. but the Amoi phone you posted above has the octa core with 2000mah, so it could be worse.

G4s is definitely a good phone but there's so many other options, all depends on your personal preference.

Aw I know there's so many options! I've just roasted a full morning at work looking at these!

I think I'll still go for the h1 as it's got the better cameras as well. sure I can just keep it plugged in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Aw I know there's so many options! I've just roasted a full morning at work looking at these!

I think I'll still go for the h1 as it's got the better cameras as well. sure I can just keep it plugged in :P
    would younot be better going for a xiaomi redmi??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

eurokev wrote: »

More than likely a fake ... very cheap

It doesn’t even say what model Lenovo it is :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

redmi has 1gb of ram. id prefer 2 myself on any phone. as for octa core processors. quad core is more than most people need so I wouldn't be too pushed on what processor a phone is running. I'd worry more about battery/camera when purchasing.

RossieMan wrote: »
    redmi has 1gb of ram. id prefer 2 myself on any phone. as for octa core processors. quad core is more than most people need so I wouldn't be too pushed on what processor a phone is running. I'd worry more about battery/camera when purchasing.
    I think 1 gig would be fine using xioami's OS and the camera is meant to be very good on the Redmi.
    I've personally never heard of that manufacturer in the phone that was linked so I dont think you'll get many updates on the software where as you have a better chance with the xioami

Tbh I was a little surprised by the low amount of available ram in the mi3 and redmi. After a fresh reboot the mi3 has under 1gb free, and redmi about 300mb. In comparison my 2gb zenfone 5 has 1.4gb free. It seems MIUI is very ram heavy.

Tbh I was a little surprised by the low amount of available ram in the mi3 and redmi. After a fresh reboot the mi3 has under 1gb free, and redmi about 300mb. In comparison my 2gb zenfone 5 has 1.4gb free. It seems MIUI is very ram heavy.
    Do you notice it, is it slow?

seannash wrote: »
    Do you notice it, is it slow?

Well the mi3 is back in its box as it has a faulty speaker. Redmi is fine, but nowhere near as snappy as the zenfone. It is a midrange phone though so to be expected. Don't know if its due to the ram, but I'd say you will notice some negative affects of the low ram if you don't clear the apps every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

I've just received an elephone p10c, seems like a nice enough budget phone (only going to use it on the odd occasion i need the dual sim)
    But i'm having problems connecting to the 3g, i've swapped sim slots so can only presume i'm in the WCDMA slot, but i havent gotten any connection yet, Is there something obvious i'm missing, thanks .

• Advertisement

tuborg_man wrote: »
    I've just received an elephone p10c, seems like a nice enough budget phone (only going to use it on the odd occasion i need the dual sim)
    But i'm having problems connecting to the 3g, i've swapped sim slots so can only presume i'm in the WCDMA slot, but i havent gotten any connection yet, Is there something obvious i'm missing, thanks .

What network?

What network?

emobile,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have you sorted out your APN settings?

emobile,

http://helpandquestions.emobile.ie/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=emdev,Company={8C5A3413-D734-4C47-9016-F9EBD3B87D94},case=920

Also look through the phone settings for something like 'download internet settings'

Have the apn settings right, maybe it's just not getting 3g reception here, i'll see what happens when i'm out of the house,
    Thanks for the tips, all appreciated

Have the apn settings right, maybe it's just not getting 3g reception here, i'll see what happens when i'm out of the house,
    Thanks for the tips, all appreciated

Emobile uses both 900/2100mhz 3G. Elephone p10c supports 850/2100mhz so there is a chance that service could be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

any idea how good the one plus one 64gb is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

horse7 wrote:

its a fantastic phone. Great hardware and software, no regrets with purchase. Size wise I think you have about 54gb of space to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

horse7 wrote: »

I was pretty set on one & I waited assuming that the yellow screen problem would be eliminated as production increased. It's disappointing that, according to their own forum, the problems are still occurring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

quick question, all branded phones receive a notification for system updates, it happens only if the company that produced the phone is willing to update the OS.
    For these phones how does it work? can you just update the OS as you wish or is it the same system? thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement