Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How can you tell whats in the Euro warehouse on Merimobiles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Thargor wrote: »
    How can you tell whats in the Euro warehouse on Merimobiles?

sorry that's that actual phone, here is the full list (it's very limited)

http://www.merimobiles.com/europe-warehouse/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

its not free shipping from the European store. cheapest is 25 euro. dhl is 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Free Shipping eamonn

I don't think that is correct if you are using the European warehouse.

RossieMan wrote: »
    its not free shipping from the European store. cheapest is 25 euro. dhl is 30 euro.

So roughly the same price as Xiaomishop using their european shipping option.

• Advertisement

yea not much difference. I'd prefer merimobiles though, I'd say xiaomishop is just some lad in a house selling them off. doesn't seem very reputable to me.

yea not much difference. I'd prefer merimobiles though, I'd say xiaomishop is just some lad in a house selling them off. doesn't seem very reputable to me.

Sure we all had to start somewhere!!

true alright. just wouldn't be too confident of them if anything was to go wrong.

Thanks for that Rossie, thought it was free shipping, they say it on the page but obviously just mean from China bas***ds. Any way if I ordered two phones together would they charge me 50 e or 25 e for both?

they'd charge you for both. delivery company will only take 1 battery with each phone usually.

• Advertisement

http://www.coolicool.com/local-sale-c674.html

This site I think has FREE shipping please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Head melted, need to order 2 phones for the kids tomorrow and want to make sure I know what I'm paying.

http://www.coolicool.com/local-sale-c674.html

This site I think has FREE shipping please someone correct me if I'm wrong. Head melted, need to order 2 phones for the kids tomorrow and want to make sure I know what I'm paying.

Says free shipping, but it looks as if they may have built it into their prices.

Check prices of the phone you want to buy on other sites and then compare.

if its for kids I'd be looking at the moto e. around 80 euro, should do all they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

MidlandsM wrote: »
    lol....ignore this advice. So you think that revenue are going to just go "ahhh, grand, sent it on there in the post" without hitting the buyer for duty?? The point is, its no longer with an post, the poster said it gone to customs......

no chance........ by waiting, you'll wait over a week, once they write to you, and you write to them, and they release it, and it arrives etc...... may as well concede defeat, pony up, and you'll have your gadgets by wednesday, not wednesday 2 weeks.

and another thing, by not contacting them , they might send your phones back to china, or even worse, deem them to be counterfeit, and distroy them.
    everything has to go through customs, some are not checked. its a known fact that they cannot check each individual parcel. dhl and the likes check every parcel and take the fee on customs behalf.

you have no idea what you're talking about to be honest, I've never heard of anything sent back to China by custom's. it's up to the person themselves, I wouldn't contact customs till they contact you. I've had many things come through.
    MidlandsM wrote: »
    no, because you are wrong to be fair, its not right for you to be dishing out incorrect info.

I realise everyone is probably sick of hearing about customs but just to put this one to bed, I did indeed get a letter asking me for a purchase invoice.

Based on past experience it seems like once customs appears on your tracking info you're screwed. Expensive lesson (about a hundred quid).

Just to add onto this. all my orders have shown as gone to customs, never had to pay, yet.

just the luck of the draw i'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Just to add onto this. all my orders have shown as gone to customs, never had to pay, yet.

just the luck of the draw i'm guessing.

Your not a Leprechaun by any chance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Why do you say that?

it just sprung up over night. doesn't have any affiliation to the real store. only sells a couple of phones. can't imagine its a very big operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

RossieMan wrote:

I got my Mi4 from xiaomishop, no problems. They answer questions quickly, taking the time difference into account. I'd say they're reputable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

So just received my elephone p8 last night, on first look its seems nice.

Just wondering before I start using it fully, should it be flashed and rooted?
    Has etotalk mod and root capabilities as such (i think, not well up on android rooting)

but just wondering what people here who bought it did?

Please post a review when you can.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

rickyjb wrote: »
    I realise everyone is probably sick of hearing about customs but just to put this one to bed, I did indeed get a letter asking me for a purchase invoice.

Based on past experience it seems like once customs appears on your tracking info you're screwed. Expensive lesson (about a hundred quid).

So i was right...sorry to learn of it..all the same for you.

I reiterate that the day of getting away with customs is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Thanks for that Rossie, thought it was free shipping, they say it on the page but obviously just mean from China bas***ds. Any way if I ordered two phones together would they charge me 50 e or 25 e for both?

You can get get that phone from Hong Kong Geeks, for €128, and free delivery, with a guarantee to pay any customs or VAT if charged.

Here:

http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/android-smartphones/6276-chinese-smartphone-xiaomi-hongmi-1s-android-43.html

Put my name down for a OnePlusOne invite after seeing one in a pub last night, absolutely stunning device, anything I buy now will feel crap next to it and I really need to buy now. 64GB onboard storage aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Put my name down for a OnePlusOne invite after seeing one in a pub last night, absolutely stunning device, anything I buy now will feel crap next to it and I really need to buy now. 64GB onboard storage aswell.

Any hint of a yellow screen on it?

No, the screen was immaculate, better than an iPhone 5 that was also on the table, better than my brothers Note 3. I think the yellow screen thing is a non-issue that got overblown judging by the owners thread here and other places, pictures taken on the camera looked great aswell, really bright colours and did not look like cameraphone pics at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

How much is the OnePlusOne?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Using a smashed S4 but it's really getting on my wick. Have been close to taking the plunge on the Thl 5000 but the gps comments by people are putting me off.

Anyone got one and know if the gas is good or bad?
    Or any recommendations for a similarly spec'd phone with a workable gps? Wouldn't have to have the huge battery but that is a huge bonus!!

Thanks.

How much is the OnePlusOne?
    About €350 for the 64GB version if you take the invites/UK warehouse/Parcel Motel route (not for sale in Ireland yet), might shave 30-50 off that if you order from the Chinese sites and try to slip it past customs. A chinese one will require you to flash Cyanogenmod on it yourself but thats a 2 minute job.

Im going the UK route for quick delivery (assuming I get a quick invite) and easy returns on the off chance that I do get a yellow screen version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

dedaw wrote: »
    Using a smashed S4 but it's really getting on my wick. Have been close to taking the plunge on the Thl 5000 but the gps comments by people are putting me off.

Anyone got one and know if the gas is good or bad?
    Or any recommendations for a similarly spec'd phone with a workable gps? Wouldn't have to have the huge battery but that is a huge bonus!!

Thanks.

The THL5000 is one of the phones en route to me as part of the customsgate saga going on for the past few days... :)

I should have it Monday or Tuesday so I'll post a review next week all going well.

GPS accounts were mixed alright but I read more good than bad so said I'd take the chance. I think there are some fixes available also, search on xdadevelopers for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

About €350 for the 64GB version if you take the invites/UK warehouse/Parcel Motel route (not for sale in Ireland yet), might shave 30-50 off that if you order from the Chinese sites and try to slip it past customs. A chinese one will require you to flash Cyanogenmod on it yourself but thats a 2 minute job.

Im going the UK route for quick delivery (assuming I get a quick invite) and easy returns on the off chance that I do get a yellow screen version.

From what I have read they don't regard the yellow screen as a fault so no returns.

It's hardly a blown out of proportion issue according to the Oneplus forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement