Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My mates Oneplus came with Cyanogenmod from China, although it does has teeny yellow tint in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I thought a UV light could get rid of it or it will just go away on its own? Its the glue used in te screen not an actual problem with the screen itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thargor wrote: »
    I thought a UV light could get rid of it or it will just go away on its own? Its the glue used in te screen not an actual problem with the screen itself...

Thats what they say works but my mate is happy with the small tint and hasnt tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

If that really fixed it, nobody would complain. Loads have tried it and said it doesn't help at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

The excitement is getting too much – the IUNI U3 is on presale with etotalk

http://www.etotalk.com/iuni-u3-4g-lte-3gb-ram_p6725.html

• Advertisement

I dont see the point at $400, thats more than a OnePlusOne or any of the others, what am I missing?

I dont see the point at $400, thats more than a OnePlusOne or any of the others, what am I missing?

Dual sim , 2 k screen (that works), expandable memory, better look design.

From what I see on Etotalk the 64gb version of the one plus one is $49 more than the IUMI :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

no polyphonic ringtones on that, deal breaker for me.

This is from the one plus forum , compares the two phones

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-vs-iuni-u3-specs-shootout.109930/

If anyone can find a better specced phone than the IUNI for the money I would love to hear from you :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Barr wrote: »
    This is from the one plus forum , compares the two phones

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-vs-iuni-u3-specs-shootout.109930/

If anyone can find a better specced phone than the IUNI for the money I would love to hear from you :pac:
    I agree its one of the best if not the best value for money phones out there.
    I still think the Nubia Z7 mini is a great buy for price and specs.
    Its 70euros cheaper, nicer design and I believe the only major difference is the screen(Not bad on the mini as its only 5") and RAM (2gig vs 3gig)
    I think Iuni has a better ROM support but its close to call which is bettr specced for the money.

Id be happy with either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

I am looking for a 4g Dual Sim Phone, no bigger than 5.0" Screen

Preferably needs to work on O2 in the UK - Looks to be band 800

I have looked at the following phones and cannot seem to see any that work

Huawei Honor 6
    Huawei Ascend P7
    ZTE Nubia 7 Mini

Can anyone suggest any others?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

abarkie wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for a 4g Dual Sim Phone, no bigger than 5.0" Screen

Preferably needs to work on O2 in the UK - Looks to be band 800

I have looked at the following phones and cannot seem to see any that work

Huawei Honor 6
    Huawei Ascend P7
    ZTE Nubia 7 Mini

Can anyone suggest any others?

Thanks

That particular 4g band is a stumbling block, I haven't seen a half decent compatible import, bar the 5.5" Oppo Find 7/7a, which is too big for the both of us. I had the same conundrum due to Skodafone Ireland's 4g, who I'm shackled to until January.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I was looking at the MPIE G7, it has 4G that I think will work over here and can be gotten for about $150.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Would really like to get a 4G phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I was looking at the MPIE G7, it has 4G that I think will work over here and can be gotten for about $150.

Does anyone have any experience with it?

Would really like to get a 4G phone.

coolpad 8730l is the best cheap 4g option

Actually that MPIE G7 looks pretty good too, but I'm doubtful that it really supports those 4G bands

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

His anyone having problems with YouTube on iOS 8?

I was unable to open it when updating but now it seems to be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

His anyone having problems with YouTube on iOS 8?

I was unable to open it when updating but now it seems to be ok

Maybe the iOS 8 thread on the Apple Devices forum might be better suited :pac:

Just spent €350 on a OnePlusOne :eek:

Cue a string of releases of better phones from Xaoimi, ZTE etc now for less money :D

Nah Im happy, only took me an hour to get an invite after spending a while begging random people on the OPO Facebook page, I just had to have one after playing with one in a pub the other night, its just spectacular, the nicest phone I ever saw and nearly everyone who gets one loves it.

Im doing most of my browsing, Youtube, reading books, music, work emails etc on a phone these days so I had to splash out and for me the OPO was the best features in the best looking package for the best price. I like how Cyanogenmod puts such a big emphasis on battery life aswell, I expect the OPO to be futureproofed for the next version of Android aswell, the CM version anyway.

Should have it this week, Ill do a full review when I get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Cue a string of releases of better phones from Xaoimi, ZTE etc now for less money :D

Nah Im happy, only took me an hour to get an invite after spending a while begging random people on the OPO Facebook page, I just had to have one after playing with one in a pub the other night, its just spectacular, the nicest phone I ever saw and nearly everyone who gets one loves it.

Im doing most of my browsing, Youtube, reading books, music, work emails etc on a phone these days so I had to splash out and for me the OPO was the best features in the best looking package for the best price. I like how Cyanogenmod puts such a big emphasis on battery life aswell, I expect the OPO to be futureproofed for the next version of Android aswell, the CM version anyway.

Nice, does that mean you now have an invite?

Nope, some people wait weeks before they get an invite to share after they buy, ask in the invite thread though, they're giving them away in there today:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057251489

spix wrote: »
    coolpad 8730l is the best cheap 4g option

Actually that MPIE G7 looks pretty good too, but I'm doubtful that it really supports those 4G bands

Also has a fingerprint scanner on the back I think!

I might just buy it if the site supports PayPal and see.

Will have a look at that CoolPad though, thanks.

• Advertisement

Nice!

My name was down on the list to get an invite and there must've been 7 or more people who offered me one!

Couldn't get it as I was on holiday.

Still a great phone though.

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Nice, does that mean you now have an invite?
    Yabadaba is looking to get rid of some spare invites now:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92280993&utm_source=notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=notification#post92280993

Nice!

My ma was down on the list to get an invite and there must've been 7 or more people who offered me one!

Couldn't get it as I was on holiday.

Still a great phone though.

My ma? Wtf!! My NAME!

Stupid autocorrect haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to MidlandsM I now have a Elephone P8!
    And the Ele Launcher sucks donkeys whatsits!
    Swapped it out for Google Now and it's much improved.
    The battery heated up a treat at times so might need to look at a different OS as well.
    The screen is amazing though.
    Darvik works well but Art does not :(
    More work to do !
    How hard would it be to install the Android L beta on it I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to MidlandsM I now have a Elephone P8!
    And the Ele Launcher sucks donkeys whatsits!
    Swapped it out for Google Now and it's much improved.
    The battery heated up a treat at times so might need to look at a different OS as well.
    The screen is amazing though.
    Darvik works well but Art does not :(
    More work to do !
    How hard would it be to install the Android L beta on it I wonder?

Quick Google gave me this? Think its what you'd be looking for

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=4c4dVJ-sFsbN7QaOi4GADA&url=http://www.smartdigi.gr/elephone-p8-aroma-installer-android-l-beta-developer/&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNG77JfKU_g-bJIDaV0UvWsokkKdZw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You'll love it.

Brilliant phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's the one
    I take it I have to register to download it?
    I'll give it a lash after a quick back up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭eurokev

Hi,

Does anybody know if the jiayu G4s works in ireland on the meteor network. I think i will get one if it does unless anybody has any suggestions for a better phone for around the same money:):):):)

Quick question.
    This Elephone P8 has 16gb of space, but the storage on the phone is divided into two segments, one, "internal storage" with around 1gb and the other, "phone storage" with the rest.
    Is this simply a partition?
    I just had a message saying the phone's internal storage was full but I know the thing has pots more room, as well as another 16gb on an SD card.

So, is the phone's memory simply partitioned?
    Is it seeing the other 15gb as a virtual SD card?

Any thoughts on this?

Also,
    I seem to be stuck with ELE Launcher, which is simply getting in the way, I have switched to Google Now and at least the front end is more vanilla Android than the madness before, but the ELE Launcher is ticking away there.
    Is there a way, barring a custom rom install, that can rid me of this turbulent launcher?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

There is always a partition for the system and apps, some are more generous than others.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement