Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

RossieMan wrote: »

Only dual core

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Its an Intel atom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Any known issues on the 3 network?

Phone is fine.

Network is ****e though, from my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Need 4G on it, going for the Xioami note.

Battery on the Note is not much better. Extra screen to power also.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

I have the RedMi Note for 3 months now and find it great.

Screen quality, speed and battery stand out for me.

Battery lasts 2 days with moderate use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Looking for some recommendations lads:

4.5-5" screen
    Good battery 2500-3000mah
    2gb ram
    720p screen

Anything like this available around €200?

Right the Jiayu G4s is on the shortlist, any other recommendations existing or imminent?
    Not in any hurry so if there was another phone on the horizon I could wait.

I'm liking the Nubia z7 mini, slightly over budget and the smaller battery would be a bit of a concern but a fine looking phone though.

Agree that the 3 network is pretty gick, but thats where I am for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Battery on the Note is not much better. Extra screen to power also.

2600 compared to 3100 thats a much bigger difference, bigger screen yes but the HD output isnt as high.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    I have the RedMi Note for 3 months now and find it great.

Screen quality, speed and battery stand out for me.

Battery lasts 2 days with moderate use.

What's the GPS like?

GPS is good actually. locks as fast as my old HTC. I use it mostly for jogging app.

overall very happy. downside is accessories or the lack there off. all have to purchased online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    GPS is good actually. locks as fast as my old HTC. I use it mostly for jogging app.

overall very happy. downside is accessories or the lack there off. all have to purchased online.

as with all chinese phones to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

What do ye reckon about SAR values on Chinese phones? Would they be along the same lines as the ones for sale in Europe.

I’m just looking to find the SAR value on the Nubia 7 max and it seems to be unavailable :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Barr wrote: »
    What do ye reckon about SAR values on Chinese phones? Would they be along the same lines as the ones for sale in Europe.

I’m just looking to find the SAR value on the Nubia 7 max and it seems to be unavailable :(

According to etotalk it's 1.0w/kg.

According to etotalk it's 1.0w/kg.

I’m not so sure they are an accurate source as nearly everywhere else says it is N/A.

Etotalk seem to have the same SAR values in nearly all their phones

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

So I'm looking for an upgrade. I currently have a Jiayu G3T. I've been looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note. Does any one have any hands on experience with this phone or could anyone recommend anything similar? I will be purchasing in the next month or so. So if there is something new coming out that's worth waiting for I would. Thanks in advance

keithg89 wrote: »
    So I'm looking for an upgrade. I currently have a Jiayu G3T. I've been looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note. Does any one have any hands on experience with this phone or could anyone recommend anything similar? I will be purchasing in the next month or so. So if there is something new coming out that's worth waiting for I would. Thanks in advance

Ill review this week :)

keithg89 wrote: »

I have the Note.... great phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anyone got a Meizu MX4 or any thoughts on it??
    20MP rear camera which would be a plus for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Theres an MX4 Pro version coming out too. Apparently the GPU in the Pro is a bit old and the CPU of the MX4 is a bit old too, older than what you'd expect anyway

JonnyM wrote: »
    Anyone got a Meizu MX4 or any thoughts on it??
    20MP rear camera which would be a plus for me anyway.

It will be interesting to see how good the MTK 6595 chip performs. High end price for a MediaTek chip phone.

If you're looking for a good camera phone look at the Vivo xshot, or the MX4 here is 325e http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Meizu-MX4-Octa-Core-4G-Fdd-Lte-WCDMA-2GB-Ram-MTK-6595-Otca-Core-flyme4/2035374459.html

• Advertisement

Another phone with a reported excellent camera is the Huawei Honor 6

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

What website do you guys use to buy your phones at? I don't feel that comfortable buying at aliexpress since it seems like it's another ebay.
    Anyone used pandawill or 1949deal before?
    Also if anyone wants to buy THL5000 at Gearbest using the code THL5000RX cuts it down to 193e

Chivral wrote: »
    What website do you guys use to buy your phones at? I don't feel that comfortable buying at aliexpress since it seems like it's another ebay.
    Also if anyone wants to buy THL5000 at Gearbest using the code THL5000RX cuts it down to 193e

Every site here will have a bad story behind it so go with your gut feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Geekbuying, pandawill, banggood, etotalk, xiaomishop and ibuygou are ones I've personally used if you're looking for a few

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

I bet it'll take me ages before I am able to decide on what I want....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's the fun of a huge market! My favorite part is the choosing, then the opening

Make a list of what you really want on a phone, processors, camera etc, have a look at a few on the sites mentioned and check them out on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I would avoid Pandawill, difficult to deal with if anything goes wrong

The Xiaomi MI4 looks like it will be getting reduced to $260 on Singles day 11th November

• Advertisement

My phone arrived at the delivery depot at 5 but no update since then :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement