Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

No idea on GPS but its not a big thing for me, camera is good too no complaints at all.

Is your Note the Mediatek version or the 4g version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

theduffer wrote: »
    Is your Note the Mediatek version or the 4g version?

4G version

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

eamonnq wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do might be to leave it alone until you can hook it up to a PC and see if you can retrieve your photos at least.

right so I've landed home and tried it in two laptops. both times it has tried to install drivers but failed and now it's just flashing on and off again. Stays on white THL screen for 20 seconds then off again for about 20 and back on.

can I somehow force it to pick up the phone?? don't wanna lose the pics just!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Would you happen to have access to a PC with a different OS ? XP maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If you look up the drivers on google and manually install them. Usually the best job.

• Advertisement

"The Christmas is coming and it's time for you to prepare for new year's gifts, but you now the F***ing shipping is F***ing slow, so it's better to do it in advance, so that you can receive it on time."

Just got the above in an email from an Aliexpress seller!!

Would you happen to have access to a PC with a different OS ? XP maybe ?

No nothing. everything is win 7.
    RossieMan wrote: »
    If you look up the drivers on google and manually install them. Usually the best job.

tried finding the usb drivers but nothing. trying to flash it now using this:

http://androidforum.cz/twrp-recovery-pre-thl-5000-t57731.html

but phone won't read sd card, charge or turn on so don't know how this is going to work.

Windows 7 stuff should work fine on win 8. its a THL 5000 yes if i remember?

I'll look now, post back if i find something.

Edit:

These should work. http://www.file-upload.net/download-7267586/usb_driver.rar.html

They're for all mediatek devices, not just yours.
    Then install this.
    http://ge.tt/3NF6Vuf/v/0
    http://ge.tt/16RpEaG1/v/0?c

These should work on every phone. Haven't tried it myself though.

I know this is stupid, but you have removed the tape from the battery yes?

Windows 7 stuff should work fine on win 8. its a THL 5000 yes if i remember?

I'll look now, post back if i find something.

Edit:

These should work. http://www.file-upload.net/download-7267586/usb_driver.rar.html

They're for all mediatek devices, not just yours.
    Then install this.
    http://ge.tt/3NF6Vuf/v/0
    http://ge.tt/16RpEaG1/v/0?c

These should work on every phone. Haven't tried it myself though.

Cheers. I'll have a go.
    I know this is stupid, but you have removed the tape from the battery yes?

Ha not stupid at all...sometimes the most obvious things are ones that are missed!

Anyway I've since taken it to a guy who was recommended to me and we could not get power to the phone at all so he reckons it must be a connection at the battery. I don't have a notion i just want my money back now as it looks like the photos are gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

No idea on GPS but its not a big thing for me, camera is good too no complaints at all.

I'm interested in the 4g note...although the lack of gorilla glass puts me off slightly. However I don't know just how much of a difference it actually makes, and if it's just clever marketing over substance! Battery life being a key factor in what I'm looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Phones4u wrote: »
    Guys and Gals,

Do you know that you can get your Chinese Android Phone from Ireland with next day delivery?

All our Android Phones have 2 SIM card slots and most are running Android Kit Kat 4.4.2 which is sleek,

You can install almost any APP from the Google Playstore as all our Phones come with Official Android Kit Kat firmware so there is no need to jailbreak or go looking for firmware online.

Phones4u Ireland
    You're telling me I can install almost any app on an android phone?!?!?

Oh thank you Phones4u, where have you been all this time?

Just one quick question though, is there any possibility all your phones carry the usual 50-60% Rip off Ireland markup compared to ordering them ourselves from the usual places?

Anyway Ive reported all your posts so enjoy the ban...

I'm interested in the 4g note...although the lack of gorilla glass puts me off slightly. However I don't know just how much of a difference it actually makes, and if it's just clever marketing over substance! Battery life being a key factor in what I'm looking for!

Battery is great thank God!

Thargor wrote: »
    You're telling me I can install almost any app on an android phone?!?!?

Oh thank you Phones4u, where have you been all this time?

Just one quick question though, is there any possibility all your phones carry the usual 50-60% Rip off Ireland markup compared to ordering them ourselves from the usual places?

Anyway Ive reported all your posts so enjoy the ban...

The phones are terrible anyway.

you'd wonder what response he thought he was going to get here.

you'd wonder what response he thought he was going to get here.

He's lucky he doesn't sell a Moto G :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I dropped a 250g Aluminium cased battery from 3 foot onto my tablet which has gorilla glass. There wasn't even a scratch, so I'd buy into Gorilla Glass anyways

He's lucky he doesn't sell a Moto G :D

Going by the site, i'd say they sell nothing at all.

I'd say today is the most hits the site has ever got.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I thought this might be a better place to ask as there's probably a lot of MTK phone owners here...
    My Jiayu G2+ has lately been a bit rubbish at getting a network connection. I there any way to improve this via MobileUncle Tools or some other "Engineer" app?
    Oh, I know those crappy antenna stickers don't work! :-)

Strange one the 4G bands for the redmi note on gsmarena are different from the bands on xiaomishop, I haven't had 4G since I got it, I wonder if xiaomishop are bull****ting specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I can only see a Galaxy s5 Duo and Sony Xperia Z3 can do the O2 4G band in UK, unless someone knows differently

I have heard Chinese phones are due to come out over the next month or 2 covering this band - Band 2, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Can't post a link as I'm using the app, but AliExpress have a flash sale on phones in the next few days, there's about 600 Mi3s and 100 Mi4s in today, atleast 40% off, and a few HTCs and Samsungs

Somebody's gotta win!

Strange one the 4G bands for the redmi note on gsmarena are different from the bands on xiaomishop, I haven't had 4G since I got it, I wonder if xiaomishop are bull****ting specs.

Xiaomishop: 4G FDD-LTE (1800/2100MHz) & TDD-LTE (2600MHz)

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/72d52e83

LTE TDD 1900 / 2300 / 2600

Xiaomishop: 4G FDD-LTE (1800/2100MHz) & TDD-LTE (2600MHz)

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/72d52e83

LTE TDD 1900 / 2300 / 2600

Thats what I got, they must have the 2nd line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Barr

abarkie wrote: »
    I can only see a Galaxy s5 Duo and Sony Xperia Z3 can do the O2 4G band in UK, unless someone knows differently

I have heard Chinese phones are due to come out over the next month or 2 covering this band - Band 2, I think

Band 2 is 1900 MHz ?

Chances are O2 in Ireland won't be using that as they will most probably be jumping on threes bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Barr

Thats what I got, they must have the 2nd line.

I know with the Honor 6 , FDD LTE is closed by default for some reason. There is a tutorial on how to open it online.

I wonder if something similar is happening with the Xiaomi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads just wondering what would be the "top" Chinese phones at the moment? Slightly disappointed with the 1+1 and am window shopping if they don't get the finger out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Barr wrote: »
    Band 2 is 1900 MHz ?

Chances are O2 in Ireland won't be using that as they will most probably be jumping on threes bandwagon.

Sorry I meant Band 20

Looking here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement