Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

theduffer wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm will the 4g work in ireland? Thinking of pulling the trigger on this? seems great spec phone for the price... Its on presale on coolicool.com for teh same price, any reason not to buy from there??

According to the spec on the website it should work fine on 4G here, I would be inclined to wait until it is released though before purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eamonnq wrote: »
    If they are shipping from China to the US, there may be charges applied on delivery to the U.S

http://en.thl.com.cn/product/thl-t200.html

Is 6 inches too big ?;)

Pfff 6 inches

http://www.hardwarezone.com.ph/review-huawei-mediapad-x1-literally-fits-pocket

Now that's a real phablet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Well three confirmed that their sims are all 4G ready, so it has to be the phone, do any of you know how to check what bands a phone uses?

Is there 2 versions of the 4G note ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 topaz1978

Pay panda will an extra 5% and have no customs charges

How does pandawill take care of custom charges when you pay them 5% extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

topaz1978 wrote: »
    How does pandawill take care of custom charges when you pay them 5% extra?

I think they repay you but I notices that zoposhop do it from their EU warehouse

http://www.zopomobileshop.com/en/309-zopo-3x-zp999-lite-mt6595m-smartphone.html

I think they repay you but I notices that zoposhop do it from their EU warehouse

http://www.zopomobileshop.com/en/309-zopo-3x-zp999-lite-mt6595m-smartphone.html

Some 'nice' review comments on that site.

http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2758

If only I had the money :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If only I had the money :mad:

Looks like cracking value for €245. Was hoping the FDD Mi4 would be available by January, but even if it is, it'll cost a sight more than this.

Anyone on here have experience of Zopos? Specifically build quality and ROM availability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 topaz1978

spix wrote: »
    Pfff 6 inches

huawei mediapad x1

Now that's a real phablet

Would I be able to update and put kitkat onto the Huawei mediapad x1? tks for the help:)

topaz1978 wrote: »
    Would I be able to update and put kitkat onto the Huawei mediapad x1? tks for the help:)

Yep, huawei released a kitkat update for it a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Is there 2 versions of the 4G note ?

Looks like there is, one for Europe and another for Asia, the specs noted on Xiaomishop.com have Irish bands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

So I tracked my phone..

2014-11-14 17:21
    The item has arrived in the country of destination
    2014-11-13 07:33
    The item is on transport to the country of destination
    2014-11-12 09:58
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center
    2014-11-06 10:10
    The item is pre-advised

does that mean its in Ireland now?

when can I expect it to be delivered?

is this fast compared to other times?

Sam Mac wrote: »
    So I tracked my phone..

2014-11-14 17:21
    The item has arrived in the country of destination
    2014-11-13 07:33
    The item is on transport to the country of destination
    2014-11-12 09:58
    The item is at the PostNL sorting center
    2014-11-06 10:10
    The item is pre-advised

does that mean its in Ireland now?

when can I expect it to be delivered?

is this fast compared to other times?

Have you tried the tracking number with the An Post website?

corwill wrote: »
    Have you tried the tracking number with the An Post website?

Yes, no results on there. any ideas?

Yes, no results on there. any ideas?

If it's in Ireland, according to the Dutch post office, and An Post don't have it, it might be with Customs?

If it's in Ireland, according to the Dutch post office, and An Post don't have it, it might be with Customs?

Would it register on the An Post site when its with customs? Will I get an update this week?

Would it register on the An Post site when its with customs? Will I get an update this week?

That, I don't know, haven't been in this situation.

Looks like cracking value for €245. Was hoping the FDD Mi4 would be available by January, but even if it is, it'll cost a sight more than this.

Anyone on here have experience of Zopos? Specifically build quality and ROM availability.

Gizchina gives zopo some good reviews.
    Black Friday might give a bit of a discount.

• Advertisement

I doubt its in Ireland yet, it'd show up on tracking if it was.

Gizchina gives zopo some good reviews.
    Black Friday might give a bit of a discount.

Just noticed something from the site you linked:
    FDD-LTE::800/1800/2600MHz

First one I've seen with that band from those parts. Opens up the possibility of sticking with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pre advised usually means electronic information about the package has been sent, but the physical item hasn't moved yet.

Got word from zopo that they expect the phone to be in their EU warehouse next month.
    It can still be ordered presale for despatch from EU for 31or 46€ depending on service.

I'm bringing my Mi3 into wizz this morning to see if they can replace the screen.
    It will make it hard to justify another new phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Got word from zopo that they expect the phone to be in their EU warehouse next month.
    It can still be ordered presale for despatch from EU for 31or 46€ depending on service.

I'm bringing my Mi3 into wizz this morning to see if they can replace the screen.
    It will make it hard to justify another new phone :(

Hi Tatranska,

Did they confirm that was for the phone linked below or was it for the Zopo ZP999?

www.zopomobileshop.com/en/309-zopo-3x-zp999-lite-mt6595m-smartphone.html

From my reading it looks like a rebranding of the 999.

It's just the 16gb version of the 999, I think. Not sure why they're named differently. Intended for different markets, perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Ya id be happy enough to get the 16gb version. Do zoposhop have it in the eu warehouse? from what i have seen it doesnt appear to be in the eu warehouse. Tatranska did zoposhop tell you that 16gb version would be in their eu warehouse next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

This looks like a great deal(correct me if i'm wrong).If you pre-order in the next couple of days they send you the 3GB Ram, 32Gig version.

http://www.tinydeal.com/zopo-zp999-55-ltps-fhd-mtk6595m-android-44-8-core-4g-phone-p-139948.html

Lads, where have you's been hiding:) I posted about this phone on the 10th and only webels took any interest in it.

It really is great spec for the price and i tried to buy it(pre-order) from tinydeal in the link above.

I made the "mistake" of trying to get it sent to parcel motel as their system wouldn't alow it to be shipped to the UK as they picked up i was ordering on an Irish IP address(madness).

Anyway, decided to use a UK proxy to put the order through and it "seemed" to be ok. This must have triggered something on their system(wonder why:)) and they sent me a e-mail a few days ago looking for a scan of my card, to sign an authorization form and send them a scan of my passport and a utility bill. NOT A CHANCE THEY WERE GETTING THAT so that order was cancelled.

So i guess i'm blacklisted on their site but the deal is still on to pre-order the 16GB and get the 32G for the same price so €240 for the 32Gb version delivered(albeit by snail mail with the chance of customs catching it) is an absolute steal.

Rant over:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i wouldn't go near parcel motel with an order that has even the smallest possibility of customs. They won't accept it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement