Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Chivral wrote: »
    Went back to check the place, apparently their "source" was some Chinese website selling it at that price, but from what I've seen most places seem to be selling the UMI zero at around 200 dollars.

I was looking at it last week,
    As you;ve said most are selling it at about that price.
    Its only 3G whereas the zopo 3x is an extra €70 for a whole lot more and is 4G.

Gizchina is the oracle of all things chinese ..(except fried rice and chow mein):D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

RossieMan wrote: »
    jaysus i dont see how you'll convince customs, its so obvious its a clone.

I wish you the best of luck!

yeah agree I'm struggling to think of a good defence to convince customs its not a clone etc... :D think I'm flucked also trying to get refund through paypal as well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

I was looking at it last week,
    As you;ve said most are selling it at about that price.
    Its only 3G whereas the zopo 3x is an extra €70 for a whole lot more and is 4G.

Gizchina is the oracle of all things chinese ..(except fried rice and chow mein):D

Personally I think 5.5" is too big, rather get a 5" or smaller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

afro man wrote: »
    anybody any suggestions to get Goophone i6 Past customs in got letter today notice of detention that goods suspected of infringing an intellectual property right ?? and saying goods will be destroyed if I more or less don't provide information Documentation to prove that an intellectual property right has not been infringed ?

customs note : IPR infringing goods include counterfeit or pirated goods and goods which infringe registered designs or patents "

any help :confused:

Tell them you bought it advertised as a goophone i6, not an iphone 6. Also ask which patents have been infringed on and to send you some pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Up early this morning to follow the launch of the Meizu MX4 Pro. Very impressive specs. You can follow the launch here or on Meizu's Facebook page.

I'm hoping that they'll start taking pre-orders on the website today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

afro man wrote: »
    yeah agree I'm struggling to think of a good defence to convince customs its not a clone etc... :D think I'm flucked also trying to get refund through paypal as well :mad:

Unfortunately I think you are flucked also, as the seller held up his end (i.e sent what you ordered) and it would not be his fault that the customs seized it either.

I am not sure on this but I don't think you would be entitled to a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Lads, this thread is nearly falling off the front page:eek:

Now back to our friend the 3X. For those not bothered with the 32GB version, this is a deal that seems too good to be true and to be honest with you it is.

http://www.everbuying.com/product677981.html

You can possibly take another 10% off that with a code at the top of that page.

BUT A WORD OF WARNING: FROM GOOGLING THE SITE A LOT OF VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS NOT RECEIVING GOODS AND A LOT RECKON IT'S A SCAM.

If anyone has used this site before and reckon it's ok please let us know as this is a ridiculous price.

You will always get a few unhappy customers for all sites, but some are far worse than others, and to me this looks to be one to avoid. Paying a bit extra elsewhere would probably make more sense.

This though looks interesting:

http://www.thethriftworld.com/2013/08/everbuyingcom-review-beware-of-this.html

Gearbest is preselling the Zopo 3x as well, seems to be a more trustworthy website seeing how the L200 thread came along in bargains alert. They are selling the phone at 232 euro, a bit more than everbuying though.

Gearbest is preselling the Zopo 3x as well, seems to be a more trustworthy website seeing how the L200 thread came along in bargains alert. They are selling the phone at 232 euro, a bit more than everbuying though.

Yeah if not willing to order from tinydeal(who "seem" to be ok) and get their free upgrade then gearbest or even coolicool would be the way to go.

Just thought i'd post the crazy notion that it might be got for €185 but i'd never use that everbuying site from what i've read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lads, this thread is nearly falling off the front page:eek:
    4G Moto G and the OnePlus One have killed it Im afraid, really not seeing much to interest me either available now or incoming from Gizchina these days at all. Also the prices on practically all of them seem to creeping upwards every time I look compared to a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Just read on the live feed, first orders for MX4 pro are to be taken on 6th Dec!

I'd personally go with sellers who have an EU warehouse.

They might be slightly more expensive but the avoidance of customs charges etc are worth it an work out roughly the same.

spix wrote: »

Is there a couple of different versions of this ? Listed with MTK chip and TDD 4G here.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/711a2f21

I'd personally go with sellers who have an EU warehouse.

They might be slightly more expensive but the avoidance of customs charges etc are worth it an work out roughly the same.

Yeah, I would prefer buying from an eu warehouse. Problem is finding a reliable one. Merimobiles nor coolicool have stuff I want

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is there a couple of different versions of this ? Listed with MTK chip and TDD 4G here.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/711a2f21

Yep theres 2 versions it seems. TDD LTE with mtk6592 and FDD with the snapdragon 615

Yeah, I would prefer buying from an eu warehouse. Problem is finding a reliable one. Merimobiles nor coolicool have stuff I want

Some aliexpress sellers ship with special charges which ensure no further customs/vat charges.

pandawill, antelife, zopomobile, xiamoi opo all have eu stores

eamonnq wrote: »
    Some aliexpress sellers ship with special charges which ensure no further customs/vat charges.

Is there a search term for that?

• Advertisement

Is there a search term for that?

This is one of the main stores (maybe the only) that does eu shipping on all its phones.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1153179

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Xiaomi don't have an official EU store.

I knew what i meant:cool:

An while we're being pedantic antelife strangely don't ship to Ireland or the UK from their EU warehouses:pac:

I have bought from the eu xiaomi store (unofficial) they are very slow at replying to emails but were fast in replying through facebook.

I have bought from the eu xiaomi store (unofficial) they are very slow at replying to emails but were fast in replying through facebook.

I found http://www.xiaomishop.com/ fine to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I wont use them again after advertising the wrong specs.

They were fine to deal with, just a bit slow at replying

• Registered Users Posts: 17 topaz1978

Did anyone here buy the oneplus one? If so what do you think of it? How & where did you get it? I'm squirming to have to even ask, shows what atotal newb I am. Still haven't bought myself a decent phone, researching something to death what i normally do probably doesn't help decision making :/ tks for any help :)

• Advertisement

Too bad you didn't ask earlier; on Monday there was an hour open for anyone to preorder on the Oneplus one website

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement