Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 topaz1978

Why is it so exclusive with them? Annoying:/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chivral

I think some Chinese stores sell it as well, but I don't know if they are genuine or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 topaz1978

Signed up for oneplus newsletter to get updates about next time available to buy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

After getting stung with one of the lightning deals I got off aliexpress, knew it was to good to be true. The Mi3 I ordered still hadn't shipped so aliexpress emailed me this morning to say the sellers account has been frozen due to suspicious activity. Not worried about the money as I know I'll get it back but really going to struggle to get the phone by Xmas. What's Xiaomishop like for delivery if you choose EU shipping. I know I'll pay a premium but reckon it my only chance at this stage. So need a rough estimate from time of order to day of arrival please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

aaronm13 wrote: »
    What's Xiaomishop like for delivery if you choose EU shipping. I know I'll pay a premium but reckon it my only chance at this stage. So need a rough estimate from time of order to day of arrival please.

I ordered a Mi3 off them in the early hours of a Monday, they shipped it on the Tuesday, and dhl delivered it on the Thursday morning.

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    I ordered a Mi3 off them in the early hours of a Monday, they shipped it on the Tuesday, and dhl delivered it on the Thursday morning.

Perfect, thanks for that. At least I have a few days grace to get my refund.

Perfect, thanks for that. At least I have a few days grace to get my refund.

They had what I ordered in stock, though. Insofar as you can, you might check that with them before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

What's Xiaomishop like for delivery if you choose EU shipping. I know I'll pay a premium but reckon it my only chance at this stage. So need a rough estimate from time of order to day of arrival please.

No doubt about that. €300 for the black Mi3 including tax and delivery(other colours more expensive). It's a bit more than i would pay but it is a very good phone.

I'm guessing you thought you got a bargain Mi3 for about €160 from aliexpress. I saw that too and i'm sure if i was set up with them i would have pounced too. Would have been an amazing bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I found xiaomishop.com very good. Ordered after corwill and got delivery before him :)

Take a look at the zopo 3x. It's similar money and a great spec.

I'm picking my mi3 up from town today having got a new screen.
    Would sell it if I could get reasonable price so as to buy the 3x.

Thought I'd try Flubit since Amazon didn't have stock on the Huawei Honor 6, got a cancellation email that they ran out of stock thought it was a bargain since it came out at 295E and I already have my parcel motel account topped up from before.

• Advertisement

No doubt about that. €300 for the black Mi3 including tax and delivery(other colours more expensive). It's a bit more than i would pay but it is a very good phone.

I'm guessing you thought you got a bargain Mi3 for about €160 from aliexpress. I saw that too and i'm sure if i was set up with them i would have pounced too. Would have been an amazing bargain.

They've seriously pumped up the price of the 16gb Mi3 since I bought from them in August, at that price there's better value had at the moment.

Yeah that's the one alright. Was a great bargain at that price but sorry now I went for it. I've ordered accessories for the MI3 so better go ahead and get it even though 285 euro was a but more than I hoped to pay. Tempted to get thmototo g and get it unlocked but the MI3 just seems an all round better phone.

Am I right in thinking that it uses a full size sim and not a micro sim.

Yeah that's the one alright. Was a great bargain at that price but sorry now I went for it. I've ordered accessories for the MI3 so better go ahead and get it even though 285 euro was a but more than I hoped to pay. Tempted to get thmototo g and get it unlocked but the MI3 just seems an all round better phone.

Am I right in thinking that it uses a full size sim and not a micro sim.

It does.

I just got my phone back today. Ace job from phone wizz.

It does.

I just got my phone back today. Ace job from phone wizz.

Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know i have ordered the zopo 3x phone from gearbest for €206. Deal seemed to good to turn down. Not expecting it to be here soon, coming by netherlands post but stay tuned for a full review in maybe a month... or two. Anyway thanks for all the assistance

Regards
    theduffer :)

theduffer wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just to let you know i have ordered the zopo 3x phone from gearbest for €206. Deal seemed to good to turn down. Not expecting it to be here soon, coming by netherlands post but stay tuned for a full review in maybe a month... or two. Anyway thanks for all the assistance

Regards

Looking forward to hearing the review and if you got caught for customs:D

Hi Folks,

Regards

Jebus that's a great price and definitely the best price available now. I'm still a bit unhappy at not getting the 32Gb for €233 as the extra storage would be nice but I'll get over it.

Hard to turn it down at this price. I was going to wait till black Friday to see what would show up but doubt it will be cheaper than this. Decisions decisions.

Interesting that the 999 is €100 dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Hi Folks,

Regards

I was live chatting with a guy called "Larry" on gearbest to see if they root phones (which they don't)

He also said it does not have google play store installed :eek:

Barr wrote: »
    I was live chatting with a guy called "Larry" on gearbest to see if they root phones (which they don't)

Well i guess this is about the only downside to this phone. Strange that it doesn't have play store installed but that should be easy enough to sideload.

Rooting,while a bit tricky shouldn't be an issue.

ROM support might be an issue as i believe it is much harder to release a ROM for coders as the MTK chipset phones aren't open source or words to that effect.

BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY IT'S €206 and while it might take a little bit of time to get it set up how you like, it's beast spec for the price.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »

That's common enough, you'll find the Google Play Store apk and gapps zips to download with a google searc (AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!).

Eg. http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/31/breaking-google-play-store-update-5-0-31-adds-even-more-material-design-highlights-and-moves-whats-new-to-the-top-apk-download/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

New players to the market. Might be of interest for those that want good spec but think 5.5" is a bit big. Not all specs released yet but it will come with lollipop.

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/11/17/start-brand-zeaplus-launching-mt6595-phone-lollipop/

If my honor 6 gets cancelled again I might just wait for the zeaplus.

New players to the market. Might be of interest for those that want good spec but think 5.5" is a bit big. Not all specs released yet but it will come with lollipop.

http://www.gizchina.com/2014/11/17/start-brand-zeaplus-launching-mt6595-phone-lollipop/

http://www.zeaplus.com/zeaplus-m4-feature

Those pictures look like they've been lifted straight from mi.com, of the Mi4. Not that xiaomi would be well placed to criticise, but it will be interesting to see what Zeaplus actually release.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and how it was resolved. I ordered a THL 5000 from Mixeshop but they sent me an ASUS Zenfone 6. Will they actually send me the THL or will it be one of those long customer service ordeals?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i'd check what you ordered very carefully. Never heard of receiving the wrong phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

RossieMan wrote: »
    i'd check what you ordered very carefully. Never heard of receiving the wrong phone.

Thanks for the reply, Rossieman! I checked the order confirmation there and yep, I definitely ordered the THL 5000. Maybe there's something going on there at the moment. My friend ordered the same phone a few weeks ago and got the THL and a Xiaomi they didn't order along with it.

I'm mostly worried it's going to cost me a bomb to send it back and I'll be waiting ages for the actual phone I ordered. Doesn't help that my current phone is banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Crosswalk wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, Rossieman! I checked the order confirmation there and yep, I definitely ordered the THL 5000. Maybe there's something going on there at the moment. My friend ordered the same phone a few weeks ago and got the THL and a Xiaomi they didn't order along with it.

I'm mostly worried it's going to cost me a bomb to send it back and I'll be waiting ages for the actual phone I ordered. Doesn't help that my current phone is banjaxed.

Costs about a tenner to send registered mail back to China, from my own experiences. Takes about 6 weeks though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

It's here! My elephone P8 has arrived! Now all I've got to do is figure out how to use it. Bliss.

No customs (gift <$20 on the label) and they included the extra battery and cover I ordered.

Joy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement