Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Just put an order in for an elephone p3000s there (well the missus did for Christmas) through gearbest. Looks like a quality phone. Paid a bit extra for quick delivery so came in at €159 altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It's here! My elephone P8 has arrived! Now all I've got to do is figure out how to use it. Bliss.

No customs (gift <$20 on the label) and they included the extra battery and cover I ordered.

Joy.

Change the partition would be my advice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

I found http://www.xiaomishop.com/ fine to deal with

Only problem they dont sell the mi4 in black its a joke who the hell wants a white phone bar a minority of young girls

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Only problem they dont sell the mi4 in black its a joke who the hell wants a white phone bar a minority of young girls

Does it really matter so much? Obviously colour is a personal preference but I wouldn't not buy something because of the color... Hence my white Mi Pad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

eamonnq wrote: »
    Change the partition would be my advice!!

Ok, tell me about this. It's running Kitkat, which has the tighter SD Card permissions, doesn't it.

It's got 2gb, is that enough? Is the 16gb other onboard memory of the same type as the system memory, is it the same speed?

Or is there a forum/website for those idiots like me just starting to explore the whole ROM thing on china phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Emailed Xiaomi customer service with my IMEI and the confirmed the phone has 4G bands for Ireland so now I am very confused :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Emailed Xiaomi customer service with my IMEI and the confirmed the phone has 4G bands for Ireland so now I am very confused :confused:

Could you buy a new 4G PAYG sim for your provider? Just to test it out?

Could you buy a new 4G PAYG sim for your provider? Just to test it out?

Three confirmed all their sims are 4G ready, so when I got a replacement sim it should have it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Is there anything on the box or on the phone itself indicating a model number or the likes?

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Is there anything on the box or on the phone itself indicating a model number or the likes?

Few different stickers on the phone under the battery, what should I be looking for?

Few different stickers on the phone under the battery, what should I be looking for?

Kind of hard to say, unfortunately, it's just that there may be two models, the FDD one with 4g that works here (1800 MHz), and a TD one for the Chinese market: http://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4g-6561.php

Kind of hard to say, unfortunately, it's just that there may be two models, the FDD one with 4g that works here (1800 MHz), and a TD one for the Chinese market: http://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4g-6561.php

I emailed Xiaomi's customer service with the IMEI and they confirmed its the model that works in Ireland.

I emailed Xiaomi's customer service with the IMEI and they confirmed its the model that works in Ireland.

If it's the right model, and it's not a sim issue or a coverage issue, then it's probably a hardware issue.

If it's the right model, and it's not a sim issue or a coverage issue, then it's probably a hardware issue.

Feck it anyway, Im gonna try a different network sim on it and see if that works if not ill sell it.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

thehamo wrote: »
    Just put an order in for an elephone p3000s there (well the missus did for Christmas) through gearbest. Looks like a quality phone. Paid a bit extra for quick delivery so came in at €159 altogether

I was told Elephone P3000S is better than DG900, since it's a 4G phone, 2GB RAM 16GB ROM, 3150mAh Battery, and pretty almost full frequency :eek:

elephone-p3000-design.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024

Nice image though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Is this going to get here for Christmas?

Looks like pre sale on some web sites including gearbest

Looks nice though, especially if it does 800 band for 4g

Was looking at that myself, ill hold off until you can confirm 4G working in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 onlysheep

What should I say....
    A MTK6582 quad core combined with a 3150 mAh battery ...
    that should last forever ...

• Advertisement

onlysheep wrote: »
    What should I say....

Nice 1st post :p

Nice 1st post :p

Thank you.

Thank you.

And nice 2nd post:P

What should I say....

MTK6592 ?

Not released until Dec20

MTK6592 ?

Yes, it's MTK6592 CPU!

Wait, you guys don't know that?

CPU: MTK6592
    Cores: Octa Core, 1.7GHz
    GPU: Mali-450MP
    Radio/Modem: MT6290
    RAM: 2GB
    ROM: 16GB
    Frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

What should I say....
    Yes, it's MTK6592 CPU!
    Wait, you guys don't know that?

CPU: MTK6592
    Cores: Octa Core, 1.7GHz
    GPU: Mali-450MP
    Radio/Modem: MT6290
    RAM: 2GB
    ROM: 16GB
    Frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz FDD-LTE 800/1800/2100/2600MHz

You said MTK6582 in your first post ?

You said MTK6582 in your first post ?

Sorry mistakenly type, I was about to say MTK6592

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Theres no way in hell that'll be here before new years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement