Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That does sound good thanks.

EDIT: @ Gran Hermano Ill probably get it from Merimobiles at that link, they should be alright shouldnt they?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've gotten two legit 10400mAh ones from banggood anyways! One of them died on me a little while ago :( Have a solar powered 5000mAh backup thats doing the job anyways so I'm not too fussed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Cant find a decent stocked euro warehouse :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Anyone interested in a Chinese tablet lads? with SIM slot for 3G & calls/texts and all.

http://www.cube-tablet.com/cube-talk79-octa-core-u55gt-c8-phone-call-tablet-pc-mtk8392-bt-gps-fm-3g-7-85-inch-retina-2gb-16gb.html

Have it here with me now, only received it this week. Was supposed to be a prezzie for the father but the mother had already bought him one in the sales over the weekend!! :D

Any questions let me know, its brand new in the box. Great looking tablet. Would be willing to let it go for around the €120 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

They seem to get good mention on gizchina. I got a code a few weeks back for a meizu 4 from one of the admin on site. Didn't get the phone in the end.
    I just bought the zp999 so hoping they're ok :)

Presale ends on Dec 15th for the ZP999; how soon after that do people think gearbest will actually ship?

Went ahead and ordered one with that code from a few pages back. It'll be interesting to see if they honour it at that price, which is about 2/3 of what most sites are listing the ZP999 at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

corwill wrote: »
    Presale ends on Dec 15th for the ZP999; how soon after that do people think gearbest will actually ship?

Went ahead and ordered one with that code from a few pages back. It'll be interesting to see if they honour it at that price, which is about 2/3 of what most sites are listing the ZP999 at.

I don't see any reason why they won't. After all, all they were doing was price matching/slightly bettering 1949deal for me so i would be very surprised and pissed if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I don't see any reason why they won't. After all, all they were doing was price matching/slightly bettering 1949deal for me so i would be very surprised and pissed if they didn't.

No denying that they should honour it, and they probably will. You just see stories sometimes about resellers pr1cking about on special offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fergusretro

I bought a Nubia z7 max a few weeks ago. This is the first Chinese phone I have bought with a Snapdragon processor. It is much better than the Mediatek ones I have had before (Jiayu G4,Zoppo 990+)
    The build quality is great, It has survived a few knocks and feels solid. I found the size of my previous phone (Zopo 990+) a bit too big at 6". The Nubia is 5.5" and feels easier to use. The battery life is pretty good, but the battery is non-replacable.
    I got it with Google play already installed which saved a bit of hassle.

I don't like the Nubia rom. I have read that a lot of people like it a lot, but I don't think it's as good as stock android, which is more or less what the Jiayu and Zopo phones had. I have awful hassle connecting it to the PC to copy photos or files over, it just seems to disconnect itself after a few seconds.
    The power button is halfway down the right hand side, which is a pain, because that is where you will naturally pick it up.

I never bother with screen protectors on phones, and I work on a building site, so the screens put up with a bit of punishment. So far the screen is holding up well.
    It's a shame there aren't more dual sim snapdragon phones available, after using this one I can't see myself going back to using Mediatek any time soon.

The power button placement seems to be becoming a creeping standard on phablets, not a fan either.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Elephone P3000s :) Nice image
    IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Thargor wrote: »
    The power button placement seems to be becoming a creeping standard on phablets, not a fan either.

What you talking about Willis???? what's all this about power buttons, I'm lost..........

I bought a Nubia z7 max a few weeks ago. This is the first Chinese phone I have bought with a Snapdragon processor. It is much better than the Mediatek ones I have had before (Jiayu G4,Zoppo 990+)
    The build quality is great, It has survived a few knocks and feels solid. I found the size of my previous phone (Zopo 990+) a bit too big at 6". The Nubia is 5.5" and feels easier to use. The battery life is pretty good, but the battery is non-replacable.
    I got it with Google play already installed which saved a bit of hassle.

I don't like the Nubia rom. I have read that a lot of people like it a lot, but I don't think it's as good as stock android, which is more or less what the Jiayu and Zopo phones had. I have awful hassle connecting it to the PC to copy photos or files over, it just seems to disconnect itself after a few seconds.
    The power button is halfway down the right hand side, which is a pain, because that is where you will naturally pick it up.

I never bother with screen protectors on phones, and I work on a building site, so the screens put up with a bit of punishment. So far the screen is holding up well.
    It's a shame there aren't more dual sim snapdragon phones available, after using this one I can't see myself going back to using Mediatek any time soon.
    What you talking about Willis???? what's all this about power buttons, I'm lost..........
    He complained about the power button placement being irritating, I agreed as its the same on my OPO aswell and seems to be on a lot of large phones. I prefer it at the top of the device. No big deal though as Ive got into the habit of just double-tapping on the screen to unlock it anyway, now when I have to go back to a phone that doesnt have that feature, that will be truly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was thinking today.

A number of us have bought chinese phones and look to sell them after a while for various reasons. Equally there are those who want to buy them.

What would peoples feelings be on starting an adverts thread for that purpose?

They've done it on the cycling forum so I shouldn't see a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Just received my Jiayu G4S today from MeriMobiles, ordered on the 19th nov so very happy with the delivery time.
    Paid $8 for Singapore post and got it shipped to PM to try and speed things up, didn't get stung for customs either, happy days :cool:

Anyway as this is my first Android/Chinese phone wondering is there any essential things I should do first? Update the rom, check for malware etc.

Also looking for a decent phone cover or case for this if anyone has a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Anybody ever bought from myefox.es? Or coolicool.com? I'm looking at a phone and it's 10 euro cheaper then other places but not sure about it. Should I stick to etotalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Coolicool is well known and people here have used them. I personally have not. Haven't heard of myefox.. Is it a European based seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Anybody ever bought from myefox.es? Or coolicool.com? I'm looking at a phone and it's 10 euro cheaper then other places but not sure about it. Should I stick to etotalk?

Collicool is absolutely fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

I was thinking today.

A number of us have bought chinese phones and look to sell them after a while for various reasons. Equally there are those who want to buy them.

What would peoples feelings be on starting an adverts thread for that purpose?

They've done it on the cycling forum so I shouldn't see a problem with it.

Fantastic idea! Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Fantastic idea! Go for it!

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Where be the mods to bless the new idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I ended up buying from Gearbest. I found a code specifically for the Elephone p3000s which got 19 dollars off it (it's exired now but is was elephoneXL2). So ended up paying 151 euro for it with the expedited shipping and customs insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

http://www.jiayuofficial.com/

Anyone know if this is the genuine offical site?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

I know this isn't Chinese and is actually running Tizen but has anyone any idea where I could buy a Samsung Z without going to Russia?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

SmallBalls wrote: »
    http://www.jiayuofficial.com/

Anyone know if this is the genuine offical site?

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/04/24/jiayu-warn-of-fake-online-stores-official-jiayu-distributors-listed-here/

Wouldn't be sure, but you'd probably be better off ordering from one of the European sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dan_dublin

The Xiaomi RedMi Note 4G: will it or won't it work on 4G in Ireland?

Iseedeadpixels bought it off xiaomishop and the specs indicate it should work on the 1800 frequency, but hasn't got it going yet?

Having just this morning bought one via PayPal, I was excited, now I'm frightened. I could cancel, but it seems weird that the specs are confirmed to be compatible but he still can't get 4G ....

I'm going to be on 3. They charge a Bolt-On. If you're there Iseedeadpixels, what network(s) have you had the trouble on? Is it coverage?

dan_dublin wrote: »

Iseedeadpixels bought it off xiaomishop and the specs indicate it should work on the 1800 frequency, but hasn't got it going yet?

Having just this morning bought one via PayPal, I was excited, now I'm frightened. I could cancel, but it seems weird that the specs are confirmed to be compatible but he still can't get 4G ....

I'm going to be on 3. They charge a Bolt-On. If you're there Iseedeadpixels, what network(s) have you had the trouble on? Is it coverage?

Meteor (also 800) and 3 (and I think O2 as they are now owned by 3) are 1800. Vodafone are 800.

This should be useful to everyone. http://www.4gamericas.org/UserFiles/file/Global%20Status%20Updates/Nov%2014/03_Western%20Europe%20Nov%202014.pdf

dan_dublin wrote: »

Its the phone itself, the specs they have on the site are correct for the european version but I suspect they are sending out the Asian version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Its the phone itself, the specs they have on the site are correct for the european version but I suspect they are sending out the Asian version.

Did you sell it yet ??

eamonnq wrote: »
    Did you sell it yet ??

Gonna keep it until after xmas, dont have much spare cash to buy a new one and try sell this.

• Advertisement

I ended up buying from Gearbest. I found a code specifically for the Elephone p3000s which got 19 dollars off it (it's exired now but is was elephoneXL2). So ended up paying 151 euro for it with the expedited shipping and customs insurance.

How much was customs insurance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement