Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

pajor wrote: »
    How much was customs insurance?

Twas 4.50 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Twas 4.50 euros.

I'd say claiming against it would be good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

corwill wrote: »
    I'd say claiming against it would be good craic.

Yep, I don't think they will actually pay. They might but I'm not expecting it. I was just hoping that for the money they would put the extra effort in to get it passed customs :-P. Plus, it's only 4.50 so worth a punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I've asked about a Chinese selling thread and am awaiting an answer from the gods. I should hear back in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone seen this phone around?

Another Link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

mcw92 wrote: »
    Anyone seen this phone around?

Another Link.

Customs may destroy that as a clone.

Customs may destroy that as a clone.

Ya probably.
    Looks like a good one though.

I'm considering selling my nexus 5 and getting a G3 but can anyone reccomend one on here instead.

3gb ram would be nice aswel as full hd screen or better again.
    Sd slot in not important.
    A good battery is pretty important and it being removable would also be handy but not hugely important.

Oh also not too interested in the one plus one. It would hardly be a huge improvement on the nexus 5 would it?

Ya probably.
    Looks like a good one though.

I'm considering selling my nexus 5 and getting a G3 but can anyone reccomend one on here instead.

3gb ram would be nice aswel as full hd screen or better again.
    Sd slot in not important.
    A good battery is pretty important and it being removable would also be handy but not hugely important.

Oh also not too interested in the one plus one. It would hardly be a huge improvement on the nexus 5 would it?

Have a look at iuni u3, meizu mx4, zopo zp999, zte Nubia z7. The xiaomi mi4 is a nice phone, but doesn't have FDD LTE yet.

But I think you might be underestimating the 1+1, trumps the nexus 5 on pretty much every criterion, and is a match for lg g3.

has anyone who ordered a ZP999 from gearbest.com had any movement on their order?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Yo tatranska,

I ordered the zopo 3x on the 21st of novemeber, got dispatched on the 1st of December and i have a tracking number for netherlands post. Its at the "Pre Advised" stage, so hasnt gotten to the netherlands yet so i can track the package..from there it should be redirected back here. Im guessing i will get it very close to christmas at this stage. fingers crossed...

• Advertisement

Anyone ordered the Meizu MX4? Looks very nice design and spec.

has anyone who ordered a ZP999 from gearbest.com had any movement on their order?

According to the website, it's still on preorder, with presales to end December 15. So feck all chance of having before the end of the month, I'd say. Whereas the 3x is actually in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Got my ZOPO 3x this morning and so far it is a fabulous phone. Both sims work perfect. 4g is great on meteor network. Camera looks excellent. Made a super quick fix on GPS test. Antutu of 46000 plus. Need to play a little more with it but so far so good.
    Got it from zopomobile European warehouse via dhl.

webels wrote: »
    Got my ZOPO 3x this morning and so far it is a fabulous phone. Both sims work perfect. 4g is great on meteor network. Camera looks excellent. Made a super quick fix on GPS test. Antutu of 46000 plus. Need to play a little more with it but so far so good.
    Got it from zopomobile European warehouse via dhl.

How much was it for dhl shipping? Was that the only option?

corwill wrote: »
    How much was it for dhl shipping? Was that the only option?
    €290 inc roughly 37 dhl delivery which seemed to be the only option

theduffer wrote: »
    Yo tatranska,

I ordered the zopo 3x on the 21st of novemeber, got dispatched on the 1st of December and i have a tracking number for netherlands post. Its at the "Pre Advised" stage, so hasnt gotten to the netherlands yet so i can track the package..from there it should be redirected back here. Im guessing i will get it very close to christmas at this stage. fingers crossed...

I ordered the full blown version ZP999. At 220 € it was too good to leave and I'm in no rush (I lie):rolleyes:

I ordered the full blown version ZP999. At 220 € it was too good to leave and I'm in no rush (I lie):rolleyes:

You got the better deal, €14 for the extra 16gb of storage.did you order expediated shipping or standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Hi guys have no idea on where to begin even. I'm looking for a basic 5.0" dis play phone with good memory & camera. Just for basic calls text & Facebook. Hoping to get one under e100 and on eBay as my phone is gone so need one asap. Any recommendations or is it even possible to get one for that price

That is a serious bargain indeed. It really is a great phone. Cannot fault it. I have seen one plus and bar the quality of the camera it is easily as good on my very brief comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

daisydood wrote: »
    Hi guys have no idea on where to begin even. I'm looking for a basic 5.0" dis play phone with good memory & camera. Just for basic calls text & Facebook. Hoping to get one under e100 and on eBay as my phone is gone so need one asap. Any recommendations or is it even possible to get one for that price

Theres a Landvo on the bargain alerts thread which would suit you.

• Advertisement

webels wrote: »
    That is a serious bargain indeed. It really is a great phone. Cannot fault it. I have seen one plus and bar the quality of the camera it is easily as good on my very brief comparison.

How would you rate the quality of camera pictures so? from some youtube clips the camera appears to perform well..

I had only tried indoor shots and to be fair they are perfectly fine. Only thing I would say probably is a little slow to focus. Outside daylight shots are excellent.

Hopefully that could be fixed via different camera app, are you planning on rooting and installing a custom rom?

No actual root available yet except through the the ROM mentioned in this thread. I'd say it won't be long coming along with other roms. I might stick cyanogenmod on if it becomes available. The os it comes with is great. I do use apex launcher as I like folders to group my apps.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/general/rooting-roms/zopo-zp999-octa-core-t2901185

Anyone looking for an alternative camera app might give this a try:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2665714

I find it pretty good on the Mi3 running an AOSP ROM.

Where did you order it at that price? :)

Ok after a days use of the Zopo it really is a great phone

Strong points
    Really quick no lagging whatsoever, the rom is silky smooth.
    GPS is perfect fast fix and google maps navigation is faultless.
    All apps I have used have worked perfect no issues.
    Lovely handset and getting used to the size
    Screen is top notch - crystal clear, videos are stunning (sound from speakers is perfectly adequate but could be a bit louder)

Weak points (these are minor enough)
    While the pictures and videos are very good, focus is slowish but as Corwill said another app could help
    The 4g signal outdoors is perfect and equally as fast as a 4g wireless hub (using speedtest) I use, but indoors it drops to 3g whereas the hub is still 4g running the same sim on meteor. - must look into this and try to improve it.
    The battery will get a days use but should improve with more charging (not really a weak point as such but could have done with a few more mAh)

Anyone with any questions/suggestions ask away.

Where did you order it at that price? :)

There is a post a bit back from webels with a discount code for gearbest.com

Dont know if it still works but worth a shot.

If you don't want to wait,...Ive a xiaomi mi3 for sale:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Pretty good battery life on this here chinese phone (honor 3c 4g) Screen brightness fixed at about 60%, even got 30min gaming in.

Could have got longer if I didn't enable airplane mode last night to try get more out of it. It actually made the battery drain much faster in standby due to starting some process called simstatehandlerservice

5tvq55.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Hey guys, I bought a Jiayu G3S about a year ago and has been fantastic, until recently. It has started freezing and turning off etc. I'm just gonna factory reset it but it crossed my mind to think of putting a custom rom on it while i'm at it. I'm wondering does anyone here have any sort of recommendations for a rom?
    Cyanogen looks great but isn't officially supported, however, i did find it here but looks a bit dubious. Other than that, I don't really know where to go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement