Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

corwill wrote: »
    Anyone have experiences of Netherlands Post to share?

Not with anything from China, just stuff to/from NL to Ireland.

I would say frighteningly efficient. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

pajor wrote: »
    Not with anything from China, just stuff to/from NL to Ireland.

I would say frighteningly efficient. :)

The Dutch - a great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Great inventors those Dutch. They invented the idea of putting a finger in a hole in a wall.

Oh they are. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

What did the Dutch ever do for us though? Apart from Heineken, inventing tulips, liberalising prostitution and joints? What have they ever done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone have experiences of Netherlands Post to share?

They quoted me 2 weeks after ordering from Tinydeal,it arrived in 2 weeks.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Elephone P3000S unboxing and review video :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYZMV1uGKM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Meizu M1 Note is official: http://m.gsmarena.com/meizu_m1_note_is_official_packs_55inch_1080p_display_for_160-news-10562.php

€131 launch price for 16gb version, a lot of bang for your buck. No mention of microsd, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Meizu M1 Note is official: http://m.gsmarena.com/meizu_m1_note_is_official_packs_55inch_1080p_display_for_160-news-10562.php

€131 launch price for 16gb version, a lot of bang for your buck. No mention of microsd, though.
    That looks like one hell of a phone. Serious battery. Will be interesting to read finer details. 4g and dual sim to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

It's getting ridiculous with what you can get for in and around the €150 mark.

Serious value to be had and maybe more will realise that there is a lot better phones than the moto g to be had in it's price point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

Hi all and hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a wonderful new year, thinking of getting a Chinese phone for myself and it will be my first one so what do the guys (and girls) on here think of the THL 5000 (THL 5000 5.0 inch 1080P Octa-Core 2.0GHz Android 4.4 KitKat 3G Smartphone) Thanks in advance for the help.
    Under 200 yoyo and looks like a huge battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Gerry069 wrote: »
    Hi all and hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a wonderful new year, thinking of getting a Chinese phone for myself and it will be my first one so what do the guys (and girls) on here think of the THL 5000 (THL 5000 5.0 inch 1080P Octa-Core 2.0GHz Android 4.4 KitKat 3G Smartphone) Thanks in advance for the help.
    Under 200 yoyo and looks like a huge battery.

Great specs for the price, battery will last for days.

Ordered the Elephone P3000s today :) Got it off Etotalk 175 including delivery, though I reckon I'll be stung for customs :(

Ordered the Elephone P3000s today :) Got it off Etotalk 175 including delivery, though I reckon I'll be stung for customs :(

Nice. Was tempted by it. Did you ask for a low customs value to be written on it?

pajor wrote: »
    Nice. Was tempted by it. Did you ask for a low customs value to be written on it?

Asked for it to be marked as a non logo, their site says pre sale from Dec 15th....its the 26th today I hope Im not waiting.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Got the xaomi mi4, they have black color in stock now to let anyone know, phone is excellent as I expected, but im finding the data to be a good bit slower than my previous fone anyone know why this could be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

jacksie66 wrote: »
    If I didnt have an Xperia z3 I'd be interested in getting my hands on the Meizu Mx4 pro. Looks like an unreal phone.

It is, but Meizu finally opened up to international orders on the 23rd and the price is a whopping $579 for the 16 GB and $619 for the 32 GB (includes delivery & VAT). I've been waiting to buy it since it was announced but I can't justify the purchase at that price.

Etotalk saying they think they will stock next week.....this is going to be drawn out :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

I looked at this too

Seems to be a phone that has the O2 4G band and a 5" screen and dual sim

Be interesting to see how it pans out

I saw Gearbest said no stock until early Jan, when next delivery / batch comes in

• Advertisement

abarkie wrote: »
    I looked at this too

Seems to be a phone that has the O2 4G band and a 5" screen and dual sim

Be interesting to see how it pans out

I saw Gearbest said no stock until early Jan, when next delivery / batch comes in

Etotalk said next week, I wouldnt have gone for it if I had seen the presale mark :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭kalel76

Ok guys im looking for some advice while buying a new Chinese phone.
    I bought 2 phones from aliexpress before Christmas and i got them last week. I got an s5 clone and an m8 clone . Anyway the m8 clone is fantastic, id say 80% quality. The s5 however is an absolute disaster.
    The problems after one week are,
    1. The back cover is made of paper, ie. it is chipping away day by day.
    2. The back camera is all blurred until i reverse it to the front camera nd then back again,
    3. The touch screen is awful, cant slide in games because its jumping.
    4. The battery life is 4 hours even on standby
    5. The charging port cover just fell off.

So after much negotiating the seller has agreed a partial refund of €80. So now i want to buy a new hone and im looking for suggestions. I looked through the posts here and one stands out ( Doogee Turbo2 DG900 ) but as i said im open to suggestions, thanks alot guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

kalel76 wrote: »
    Ok guys im looking for some advice while buying a new Chinese phone.
    I bought 2 phones from aliexpress before Christmas and i got them last week. I got an s5 clone and an m8 clone . Anyway the m8 clone is fantastic, id say 80% quality. The s5 however is an absolute disaster.
    2. The back camera is all blurred until i reverse it to the front camera nd then back again,

So after much negotiating the seller has agreed a partial refund of €80. So now i want to buy a new hone and im looking for suggestions. I looked through the posts here and one stands out but as i said im open to suggestions, thanks alot guys.

What oone stands out and whats your budget?

Sorry taught i posted it there, Doogee Turbo2 DG900 is one i looked at in this thread. Id say around the € 150 mark or there abouts, thanks.

Sorry taught i posted it there, Doogee Turbo2 DG900 is one i looked at in this thread. Id say around the € 150 mark or there abouts, thanks.

Get the Elephone 3000 its a smaller spec version of the 1 I bought and its 115 on etotalk.

Thanks for the response, its definitely one ill look at . I just watched a review video of it and it does look impressive. Where didi you buy from?

Thanks for the response, its definitely one ill look at . I just watched a review video of it and it does look impressive. Where didi you buy from?

Etotalk.com use the coupon code youtube for 5 euro off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I bought 2 phones from aliexpress before Christmas and i got them last week. I got an s5 clone

That ad you linked to the S5 Clone must be the worst example of mixing and matching specs in one ad that I have ever seen.

Is it 16 different options (including 3 different chips mentioned!! Dual Quad and Octa).

I would not be giving that seller any more of my money if I was you. How much did you pay for the S5 Clone ?

It was about €125 and it was the Octa Core MTK6592 Android 4.4 that i got.

• Advertisement

Is the Elephone 3000s better than the Elephone P8 Pro 5.7Inch MTK6592?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement