Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

k123456 wrote: »

Should do, 3 runs of 900mhz and 1800mhz frequencies, the phone uses 900 and 1800 at 2G and 900mhz at 3G. That's my understanding, if I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me

www.comreg.ie/radio_spectrum/search.541.874.10031.0.rslicensing.html

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

It will......I bought the 4G version but the specs were advertised incorrectly so 4G wouldnt work but 3G does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So my Samsung S4 kicked the bucket and i've no interest in spending over €300 on a new one.

So i've been looking into getting one of these.
    I was looking at the Elephone P8 which for €127 looks fantastic! Mainly want something with a good camera that can shoot 1080p.

Also like the look of the Meizi m1 but i'm not sure when its out. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Mr Blobby wrote: »

So i've been looking into getting one of these.
    I was looking at the Elephone P8 which for €127 looks fantastic! Mainly want something with a good camera that can shoot 1080p.

Where is it for sale at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

So I have had a chance to try out the p3000s this evening. Was 185 euro all in. Screen is very nice, bright and clear. GPS was getting locks in 10-15 seconds. Reception is excellent and very quick it is too. All in all a very good phone!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Where is it for sale at that price?

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-p8-android-44_p5400.html

So I have had a chance to try out the p3000s this evening. Was 185 euro all in. Screen is very nice, bright and clear. GPS was getting locks in 10-15 seconds. Reception is excellent and very quick it is too. All in all a very good phone!

Any 4G?

Any 4G?

I'm using meteors 4g and the the reception is pretty good. Getting 45Mb down in D17 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I'm using meteors 4g and the the reception is pretty good. Getting 45Mb down in D17 :D

Have you tried tethering, is the wifi hotspot any good?

Sweet hopefully the same for me :D

Have you tried tethering, is the wifi hotspot any good?

I haven't yet. I can give it a go a little later and let you know. I'd do it now but my phone it what usually connects to wifi :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Hi One other question on this phone

http://www.xiaomishop.com/73-xiaomi-hongmi-red-mi-note-mtk6592-octa-core-14ghz-1gb-ram-8gb-rom-55-inch-ips-ogs-screen-13mp-smartphone.html

for those that have this, any GPS issues ?
    does it pick up a GPS fix quickly

Thanks

Hi One other question on this phone

http://www.xiaomishop.com/73-xiaomi-hongmi-red-mi-note-mtk6592-octa-core-14ghz-1gb-ram-8gb-rom-55-inch-ips-ogs-screen-13mp-smartphone.html

for those that have this, any GPS issues ?
    does it pick up a GPS fix quickly

Thanks

I have the snapdragon processor on mine and have no issues.

Xiaomi are announcing a new Redmi on Jan 4th for anyone besides me that's interested :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 2dizzylizzie

Has anyone seen a good quality, work proof phone - you know one of those dust proof, waterproof, shock proof ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Xiaomi are announcing a new Redmi on Jan 4th for anyone besides me that's interested :P

The design looks dated to me, I think its just an upgrade to LTE. I think the Meizu M1 is gonna dominate that corner of the market in 2015.

Has anyone seen a good quality, work proof phone - you know one of those dust proof, waterproof, shock proof ones?

Chinavasion have one.

seannash wrote: »
    The design looks dated to me, I think its just an upgrade to LTE. I think the Meizu M1 is gonna dominate that corner of the market in 2015.

Which is why i think i'll hold off until its released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

It will......I bought the 4G version but the specs were advertised incorrectly so 4G wouldnt work but 3G does.

I got the 4G version yesterday. 4G is working fine on the Three network for me.

Really like the phone so far. I'm surprised how much I like Miui so far too. I had planned to put a new rom on it, but I think I'll stick with it.

I got the 4G version yesterday. 4G is working fine on the Three network for me.

Really like the phone so far. I'm surprised how much I like Miui so far too. I had planned to put a new rom on it, but I think I'll stick with it.

They sent me one with the Asian specs :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Was going to order a Jiayu 4GS (why are all these phones called almost the same thing? It's really confusing!) but the phone's page on Pandawill is coming up all strange

http://www.pandawill.com/jiayu-g4-smartphone-mtk6592-2gb-16gb-47-inch-gorilla-glass-android-42-3000mah-otg-p88087.html

Like it's been destocked?

Can anyone recommend another retailer for it? I see it on MiniDeal.net but have never heard of them before

Emailed Etotalk about when they are sending the phone out, Im getting frustrated :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Emailed Etotalk about when they are sending the phone out, Im getting frustrated :pac:

Getting a bit confused with who is getting what here:D

Is that for the Elephone P3000s?

I think I'm going to buy it from Gearbest for I hope €161 (with free shipping). I just have raised a query with them as to when it will be delivered.

(I signed up to Gearbest and got a Coupon with 10% off).

Anyone know when the Meizu M1 is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Ok so I'm a total noob with these chinese phones so am looking for some help!

As regards operating system do these all run the standard android systems or are they a chinese replica?

How reliable are they? I mean I dont want to spend 100 quid and have to buy a new one 3 months down the line.

Im currently on contract with an iphone 4 and will be moving to the 3 unlimited 4g deal when my contract is up so I'm looking for a phone to go with it.

Obviously I need it to work with the 3 network and want something 4g. I dont want a huge phone, as close to the iphone 4 size as possible would be good and need a good camera (over 10mp would be great). Is it unrealistic to expect all these things for €100-120?

I'll probably get an SD card separately so internal memory isnt an issue. But I assume all these phones take an SD card?

Ok so I'm a total noob with these chinese phones so am looking for some help!

As regards operating system do these all run the standard android systems or are they a chinese replica?

How reliable are they? I mean I dont want to spend 100 quid and have to buy a new one 3 months down the line.

Im currently on contract with an iphone 4 and will be moving to the 3 unlimited 4g deal when my contract is up so I'm looking for a phone to go with it.

Obviously I need it to work with the 3 network and want something 4g. I dont want a huge phone, as close to the iphone 4 size as possible would be good and need a good camera (over 10mp would be great). Is it unrealistic to expect all these things for €100-120?

I'll probably get an SD card separately so internal memory isnt an issue. But I assume all these phones take an SD card?

The majority run general android, some Chinese bloatware but its not a big deal.

For €100 you'll do well to find anything very good, you won't get 4G with it.

Some have decent cameras, others don't, comes down to individual models.

And the vast majority take SD cards.

But yes it'd unrealistic to look for all that for that price, you're going to be looking at €200 up for real quality, if not €250

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭pah

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a Chinese tablet lads? with SIM slot for 3G & calls/texts and all.

http://www.cube-tablet.com/cube-talk79-octa-core-u55gt-c8-phone-call-tablet-pc-mtk8392-bt-gps-fm-3g-7-85-inch-retina-2gb-16gb.html

Have it here with me now, only received it this week. Was supposed to be a prezzie for the father but the mother had already bought him one in the sales over the weekend!! :D

Any questions let me know, its brand new in the box. Great looking tablet. Would be willing to let it go for around the €120 mark.

I'm interested :p

• Advertisement

jm08 wrote: »
    Getting a bit confused with who is getting what here:D

Is that for the Elephone P3000s?

I think I'm going to buy it from Gearbest for I hope €161 (with free shipping). I just have raised a query with them as to when it will be delivered.

(I signed up to Gearbest and got a Coupon with 10% off).

Thats the one, they said they have none still so I asked for a refund.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement