Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Received an UMI zero yesterday, beautiful phone, corning glass3 on both sides around an aluminum body, 32000 on antutu. very impressed.

Best of luck with it! But if there's too much metal covering the phone the radio modules (gsm, wifi) are going to be affected. Did you notice anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

Had a look at the anti life site,is it possible to use the Spain or German warehouse and not being liable for custom taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

I see a Umi Zero for sale on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

bigmike99 wrote: »
    I see a Umi Zero for sale on adverts.

Nothing there now.

Just to confirm,if I buy from a Europe warehouse there are no taxes due,or is there still a risk that customs will be due on a phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

Shipped within the Eu then no taxes .

Cheers.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

RossieMan wrote: »
    its very easy to flash google apps. but I'd get a refund, better value phones out there.

I was looking at the A806 earlier. Seems like great specs and a 4G phone at that price is not easy to come by. Elephone 6000 maybe?

The Lenovo 2500MaH battery isnt that great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Nothing there now.

4th or 5th page of other mobiles..under mobiles/other mobiles..up only a few days called Unlocked slim OctaCore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

Lenovo a806 -octa core
    Elephone p6000 -quad core
    I don't know it gets more confusing the more I look!

Update didnt fix the 4G problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Update didnt fix the 4G problem :(

What's the issue with 4g, is it not available at all, or an available option that's not picking up the correct bands...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

galway1973 wrote: »
    Lenovo a806 -octa core
    Elephone p6000 -quad core
    I don't know it gets more confusing the more I look!

Lenovo is single sim only for one thing.

Spazdarn wrote: »
    What's the issue with 4g, is it not available at all, or an available option that's not picking up the correct bands...

its available but its not picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Is it 4G?

its not 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

padyjoe wrote: »
    Best of luck with it! But if there's too much metal covering the phone the radio modules (gsm, wifi) are going to be affected. Did you notice anything?

reception is as good as last 2 phones, lenovo/htc

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Hey corwill and tatranska, have you received your phones yet? Mine is in the UK as of last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hey corwill and tatranska, have you received your phones yet? Mine is in the UK as of last night.

Still showing pre-adviced.
    When did yours ship? Mine was 19th.

Still showing pre-adviced.
    When did yours ship? Mine was 19th.

Strange. Mine was also the 19th. Only showed as pre-adviced on the 30th but was in holland on the 2nd and the UK on the 5th. Shouldn't surely make a difference that mine is going to parcel motel in the uk as they both have to go through holland initially.

Hope you get yours soon. I guess i'll know by tomorrow if i'm going to get stung with customs but the fact that it says it has been processed in the country of destination is very positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mine was shipped according to Gearbest on 18/12, but has been showing as preadvised on postnl.post since 22/12. I'll send Gearbest a message through the site later asking wtf.

I have my Xiaomi MI3 up on Adverts if anyone is looking for a new phone.
    It only had a few weeks use before I bought a new one.

It came from their EU warehouse. A bargain with No customs charges or shipping costs :)

I need to pay for my new Zopo Zp999.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Just put a thread up on BA with this, it maybe of interest to some.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93714027#post93714027

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smallorfaraway

Be grateful if someone could offer some advice on this: my redmi 1s is driving me demented. Google Keyboard refuses to stay open. It might work fine one minute, not open the next, or continually crash. I'm losing my mind here.
    Looking at the app settings I can see it is constantly restarting, but I don't know what is constantly killing it. Grrrrr.
    My phone isn't rooted or anything. Yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Hi all, i was thinking of getting the Cubot X9, i owned a X6 i really liked that phone but it got smashed at the weekend and not worth the money to fix, so i have come accross this site (mixeshop) where there are selling them for €120 seems a bit cheap but might just go for it tomorrow, has anyone got any feedback from using that site or even better still has anyone used a X9, its an iphone 6 rip, and has an octa core processor 1.4Mhz with 2GB ram Android 4.4.4 kitkat, cant be beat for that that price surely ?

Thanks

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭chisel

Be grateful if someone could offer some advice on this: my redmi 1s is driving me demented. Google Keyboard refuses to stay open. It might work fine one minute, not open the next, or continually crash. I'm losing my mind here.
    Looking at the app settings I can see it is constantly restarting, but I don't know what is constantly killing it. Grrrrr.
    My phone isn't rooted or anything. Yet.

What rom are you using?

I had this problem when I had the etotalk rom installed - I went back and installed the miui v5 and had no problems afterwards.

Short term fix - go into settings-apps-googlekeyboard-clear data and cache.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭Ibetit

Anyone got interested in elephone P5000? 5350 mah battery and good specs, MTK6592

My phone arrived in a post NL sorting office yesterday :)

Good to hear. You can join me in the game of customs roulette.

I'm getting a bit concerned now. No update since Monday and in my recent experience with royal mail they are very efficient. If there is no update by this evening i have to assume it's been caught and then the fun and games with parcel motel will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I have the same status on mine now as well, as of 21.45 last night. Feel sorry for bugging poor auld Rose in Gearbest now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement