Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

spix wrote: »
    2 weeks from time of order if you're lucky, 3 max if seller takes his time dispatching it. Singapore post is pretty fast compared to some others. When people talk about stuff from china taking 2 months+ its usually with China post.

Excellent. I will look further into this so. And i guess i will do a full review when it lands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That code for the Zopo ZP999 is back in action for anyone interested.

Exchange rate has ****ed over the price though, costing almost 25 euro more than it did 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

So the P3000s, the P6000 and what else would be a good phone to get? Budget of about €200, nothing bigger than 5 inch screen.

Had Xiaomi Mi3 and loved it but sold at a profit and just had the boards favourite....the Moto G.... and what a piece of shit it was compared to all the previous phones I had before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Colemania wrote: »
    So the P3000s, the P6000 and what else would be a good phone to get? Budget of about €200, nothing bigger than 5 inch screen.

Had Xiaomi Mi3 and loved it but sold at a profit and just had the boards favourite....the Moto G.... and what a piece of shit it was compared to all the previous phones I had before that!

Take a look at the Coolpad F2, am considering it myself at the moment.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Take a look at the Coolpad F2, am considering it myself at the moment.

5.5 inch screen throws me off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Are there any sub 5inch phones out there.
    I bought the Landvo L200g (from coolicool eu warehouse - 90euro) but found it too big to carry around in my pocket, so gave it to my wife - great phone, she loves it.
    Are there any around 4.5/4.7 inch at the 125euro mark?
    Any advice?

Edit: are there any Chinese phone running Lollipop due soon which would be worth waiting for?

5.5 inch screen throws me off it

http://www.xiaomishop.com/208-redmi-enhanced-4g-dual-sim-smartphone.html

Would that do ?

I take it that's a reply to the other guy, not me?

I take it that's a reply to the other guy, not me?

Might do both of you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭smallorfaraway

chisel wrote: »
    What rom are you using?

I had this problem when I had the etotalk rom installed - I went back and installed the miui v5 and had no problems afterwards.

Short term fix - go into settings-apps-googlekeyboard-clear data and cache.

Thanks, I am using miui v5.

That temporary fix helps, sometimes. But it seems to be an irregular issue. Is it possible it could be RAM related? I need to clear some of the crap off this phone :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Ah lads(mainly tatranska and corwill:),

Looks like my slight gamble of getting my phone sent through parcel motel has back-fired.

Apparently received and processed in the UK on monday evening and nothing since. With the last phone i got sent recently i would have already collected it from parcel motel at this stage.

I can assume that customs have got their grubby mits on it and it's in the lap of gods how long they will hold on to it before the trouble with parcel motel even starts.

So just a quick question as to whether anyone is familiar with royal mail(what are the chances:D). The tracking number with nlpost is not returning any result on the royal mail tracking site. If it is with customs, should it not show this on their tracking site? I'm obviously going to pay the customs but i'm more concerned about getting the phone at all now:(.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ah lads(mainly tatranska and corwill:),

Looks like my slight gamble of getting my phone sent through parcel motel has back-fired.

Apparently received and processed in the UK on monday evening and nothing since. With the last phone i got sent recently i would have already collected it from parcel motel at this stage.

I can assume that customs have got their grubby mits on it and it's in the lap of gods how long they will hold on to it before the trouble with parcel motel even starts.

So just a quick question as to whether anyone is familiar with royal mail(what are the chances:D). The tracking number with nlpost is not returning any result on the royal mail tracking site. If it is with customs, should it not show this on their tracking site? I'm obviously going to pay the customs but i'm more concerned about getting the phone at all now:(.
    It will never track on royal mail website
    It's a Netherlands post parcel motel.
    Do I need to spell out the next step?? :):)

it will track on Royal mail. As soon as it enters their system it should be up.

It will never track on royal mail website
    It's a Netherlands post parcel motel.
    Do I need to spell out the next step?? :):)

NOT TRUE:)

I had thought this might be the case so i went back to get the tracking no: on the previous phone and it found it no problem and showed the image of the signature.

As my head is not functioning properly please spell out the next step as i definitely will not be re-ordering it to here:o

edit: I see rossie got in ahead of me.

I'd try contacting UK customs before it gets to PM. There customer service is downright awful(PM's) and i wouldn't want to have to deal with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads I'm thinking about going chinese
    I'm torn between the Umi Zero and xaomi m3/mi3

Whats the best site to use. total noob here

thanks

smilerf wrote: »

thanks

Theres someone selling a mi3 on here.

I'd prefer the Mi3 just because it has a snapdragon processor.

what are you looking for in a phone? screen size? budget? etc

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd try contacting UK customs before it gets to PM. There customer service is downright awful(PM's) and i wouldn't want to have to deal with them at all.

Yeah and this is my problem especially with the absolute mess they have made with christmas rush. I sent them a query yesterday morning and heard nothing.

I can't find a way on their site(royal mail or uk customs) to contact. Typical large government organisation rubbish. It's also possible that royal mail have lost the package and that doesn't bear thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I still have a brand new black mi3 16gb, with unused nillkin glass screen protector, nillkin frosted case and another 'tough' case. Not sure what I'm doing with it but if anyone wants to throw an offer at me send a pm and I'll consider it.

Theres someone selling a mi3 on here.

I'd prefer the Mi3 just because it has a snapdragon processor.

what are you looking for in a phone? screen size? budget? etc

screen size 4.7 to 5 and budget would be 200-250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

screen size 4.7 to 5 and budget would be 200-250

Mi3, typing on one, absolutely beautiful, runs excellently.

I don't have one single problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Can finally put the 4G issue to rest, my phone say TD-LTE when you remove the battery which isnt supported in Ireland. :(

Can finally put the 4G issue to rest, my phone say TD-LTE when you remove the battery which isnt supported in Ireland. :(

That doesn't mean it only supports td lte. It's common for 4G phones in China to have only td printed on them even if it supports fdd. Have seen this written on many aliexpress ads for 4g phones.

These are the bands supported by the redmi note 4g
    4G LTE Version:
    Single SIM Card
    2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
    4G: FDD LTE 1800/2100 MHz TD LTE 2600MHz

I did some research and there is indeed 2 versions. One for China Mobile and the other for China Telecom.

The China Mobile version is the one that works here and supports the bands above. The other version supports the various other TD bands and only td-scdma.

So if your phone works on 3G here, then it is 100% the FDD version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

That code for the Zopo ZP999 is back in action for anyone interested.

Exchange rate has ****ed over the price though, costing almost 25 euro more than it did 2 weeks ago.

Could you send me the details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

I can get this on ebay Elephone P6000 5.0" Android 4.4.2 2GB + 16GB Quad-Core 4G Smartphoe GPS White for €165 free postage from hong knog, is there a chance i could get a customs charge aswell, im also looking into the Cubot X9 i dont see many people talking about it on here

I can get this on ebay Elephone P6000 5.0" Android 4.4.2 2GB + 16GB Quad-Core 4G Smartphoe GPS White for €165 free postage from hong knog, is there a chance i could get a customs charge aswell, im also looking into the Cubot X9 i dont see many people talking about it on here

Don't use ebay for buying phones, always overpriced. Try aliexpress instead.

Yes there could be custom charges for anything from hong kong.

thanks
    I have had to decrease my budget due to circumstances...
    Im thinking the Xaomi Redmi 1s? Any other options?

thanks

I have had to decrease my budget due to circumstances...
    Im thinking the Xaomi Redmi 1s? Any other options?

thanks

Would that do ?

• Advertisement

seller looks grand. Yes for potential customs, anything sent from outside the EU can have extra custom charges.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement