Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

spix wrote: »
    Don't use ebay for buying phones, always overpriced. Try aliexpress instead.

Yes there could be custom charges for anything from hong kong.

Thanks for your reply

How much we talking if you do get hit with a costoms charge ?

Has anyone any feedback on the Cubot X9 (used to own a X6 bought off ebay, €180 i paid for it)

For me its all about the processor & ram really (capacity/size of phone & camera would be a factor aswell i supose)

These are the processor's i have come accross having looking into getting a new phone

Mediatek - MTK6732 Quad-Core 1.5GHZ 64 Bit (which is on the Elephone P6000) seriously considering this
    Mediatek - MTK6592M Octa Core 1.4GHz 32bit (which is on the Cubot X9 )
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB, quad core, 2.3GHz; & GPU: Adreno330 ( the Xiaomi Mi3)

All have 2GB ram

Havent looked much into the snapdragon processor yet but the Mi3 looks quite a good phone too, but im a little put off buy not having a sd card slot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can get this on ebay Elephone P6000 5.0" Android 4.4.2 2GB + 16GB Quad-Core 4G Smartphoe GPS White for €165 free postage from hong knog, is there a chance i could get a customs charge aswell, im also looking into the Cubot X9 i dont see many people talking about it on here
    I got a voucher to buy it for 128 euros if you're interested.

I got a voucher to buy it for 128 euros if you're interested.

Yes please where am i buying from tho ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Thanks for your reply

How much we talking if you do get hit with a costoms charge ?

The 'customs charge' is actually a VAT charge on what you paid for the phone including carriage. So if your phone is 200 euro you would pay 46 vat (plus a handling charge of approx 7 euro (if it comes by post), couriers (DHL,UPS,FEDEX etc.) may have different handling charges.

Yes please where am i buying from tho ?

Pandawill.com with voucher code ELEP6000

The Cubot X9 can be git for USD129 on dealsmachine.com with code CUX99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

lads looking at this any thoughts?

http://www.etotalk.com/elephone-g4_p6684.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ordered a phone for a relation from Tinydeals,shipped from Spanish depot.Tracking says it's with customs in Dublin,problem is that I can't find anywhere in "my orders" to show proof of origin.Coming from Spain,it shouldn't be hit for customs fees,any ideas on getting proof of it coming from Spain rather than China in case I do get a letter from customs wanting money?

Thank you will look into this more on monday off on the beer now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Good price , Thanks for posting, what's the GPS like on these, please

I have a bit of a fear of MKT chips and GPS

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

etotalk(dot)com/jiayu-g5s-octa-core_p4712(dot)html

I bought one of these within a week or two of them coming out.

I went out last night, woke up and now it won't turn on or charge.
    It hasn't a scratch on it and it wasn't water damaged. (Had it in a bowl of rice in the hot press just in case)

Asian and Arabic phone places won't touch the thing lads anything I can do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Is it picked up by your computer or adb?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    etotalk(dot)com/jiayu-g5s-octa-core_p4712(dot)html

I bought one of these within a week or two of them coming out.

I went out last night, woke up and now it won't turn on or charge.
    It hasn't a scratch on it and it wasn't water damaged. (Had it in a bowl of rice in the hot press just in case)

Asian and Arabic phone places won't touch the thing lads anything I can do?

Tried a different charger? If its fully dead it might take a few hours to get any go from it

I've tried different chargers and it's not recognized by the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭cala

where is the best place to buy a lenovo p780?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

cala wrote: »
    where is the best place to buy a lenovo p780?

There is a P780W on adverts.ie

http://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/lenovo-p780w/7184938

This is a fake Lenovo and apparently there are plenty of them about so be careful where you buy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

First ever interaction with those sterling public servants in Customs coming up, according to reg post tracker; do you they come back to you via An Post, contact you directly or do you have to chase them in the first instance?

Obviously, I'm keen to meet my obligations, like any good citizen would... 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

corwill wrote: »
    First ever interaction with those sterling public servants in Customs coming up, according to reg post tracker; do you they come back to you via An Post, contact you directly or do you have to chase them in the first instance?

Obviously, I'm keen to meet my obligatiouns, like any good citizen would... 😕

They'll email you, asking for a proof of purchase, you you send a PayPal receipt or something, they agree the price, quote you and then you pay the postman or in the office if you collect it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Colemania wrote: »

Bit the bullet on this one and bought this morning. Was told it will be shipped in a few days and will be labelled as a $20 gift to avoid customs. We'll see about that.....

If it wasn't for the exchange rate being so crap, i'd have got the phone for about 10 euro less or more I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Folks,

Short bit of advice.

I am going to buy one of the following but can't decide:

Cubot X9 @ approximately €130

Cubot Zorro @ approximately €115

THL 4000 @ approximately €75

Elephone P6000 @ approximately €130

Elephone P8 @ approximately €150

Any hot picks there?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I've tried different chargers and it's not recognized by the PC.

Not much help we can be so. Maybe contact where you bought it?

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Not much help we can be so. Maybe contact where you bought it?

I have done and I was unsuccessful with a Paypal dispute on the basis that I didn't opt for insurance and the incident hasn't happened within a month or two of purchase.

I essentially have a €240 paper weight.

Order a replacement battery for it or find someone who can lend you one to test with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Try pressing the on button and holding it for about a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

k123456 wrote: »
    Good price , Thanks for posting, what's the GPS like on these, please

I have a bit of a fear of MKT chips and GPS

I have a thl 5000. The GPS is ****. If you're on the road it keeps up and then thinks youre on a sideroad even if you're on a motorway and it constantly reroutes your journey on gmaps. I've tried every patch for it etc. No joy.

My sister has a umi zero and the GPS is flawless. Both of these have a diff mtk chip although I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just a word of warning about people using TinyDeal,the Spain Direct service which promises delivery from their Spanish depot is not reliable,I found out after a letter from customs that the phone I ordered was shipped from Hong Kong & not Spain as I was led to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

zerks wrote: »
    Just a word of warning about people using TinyDeal,the Spain Direct service which promises delivery from their Spanish depot is not reliable,I found out after a letter from customs that the phone I ordered was shipped from Hong Kong & not Spain as I was led to believe.

Shower of fcuks. Have you been on to live chat?
    corwill wrote: »

Obviously, I'm keen to meet my obligations, like any good citizen would... 😕

Sorry to hear that. At least you'll have the phone soon.

An update on mine is that miraculously it was delivered to parcel motel on Friday and in my locker early saturday, collected sunday, charged monday but too busy to set it up last night. It appears to have gone to customs and they cleared it without requesting extra fees:confused::D.

So i have the phone sitting at home(currently in work). It'll take a bit little bit of time to get used to the size. I've to do my research as i want to root it straight away and unsure whether to root stock or install ROM. That's my homework. Hardest part may be getting the correct drivers for the phone to work correctly.

Heard nothing from tatranska about his phone yet. We'll hopefully have a thread soon:)

Folks,

Short bit of advice.

I am going to buy one of the following but can't decide:

Cubot X9 @ approximately €130

Cubot Zorro @ approximately €115

THL 4000 @ approximately €75

Elephone P6000 @ approximately €130

Elephone P8 @ approximately €150

Any hot picks there?

Thanks

Im with you there pal with most of the phones you listed, i did own a Cubot X6 and never had a problem with it untill the screen got smashed when out New Years Eve, so i have broken it down to either the Elephone P6000(or P5000) Cubot X9 or Mi3

2GB of Ram is a must, now there's a 64bit processor out
    Mediatek - MTK6732 Quad-Core 1.5GHZ 64 Bit - which is on the Elephone P6000
    Mediatek - MTK6592M Octa Core 1.4GHz 32bit - which is on the Cubot X9
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB, quad core, 2.3GHz; & GPU: Adreno330 on the Xiaomi Mi3

Hopefully i will order one tonight not sure which website i should trust tho, aliexpress seems to be the one most people recomend on here from reading through this thread

Hope that helps

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Shower of fcuks. Have you been on to live chat?

Sorry to hear that. At least you'll have the phone soon.

An update on mine is that miraculously it was delivered to parcel motel on Friday and in my locker early saturday, collected sunday, charged monday but too busy to set it up last night. It appears to have gone to customs and they cleared it without requesting extra fees:confused::D.

So i have the phone sitting at home(currently in work). It'll take a bit little bit of time to get used to the size. I've to do my research as i want to root it straight away and unsure whether to root stock or install ROM. That's my homework. Hardest part may be getting the correct drivers for the phone to work correctly.

Heard nothing from tatranska about his phone yet. We'll hopefully have a thread soon:)

I hate you :)
    Got stung for €60. Will have it Thursday.

So don't use tiny deal ?? what about aliexpress ?

If you dont mind me asking how much did the phone cost you all in all, is it still worth the price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Fortune favours the brave(almost stupid in this sense:)) but the question is will i learn from my experience.

Well probably not. That's 2 from 2 that got through and unfortunately yourself and corwill got nabbed so if i happen to need another phone i'll probably continue to risk it. It's quicker too:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement