Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Im with you there pal with most of the phones you listed, i did own a Cubot X6 and never had a problem with it untill the screen got smashed when out New Years Eve, so i have broken it down to either the Elephone P6000(or P5000) Cubot X9 or Mi3

2GB of Ram is a must, now there's a 64bit processor out
    Mediatek - MTK6732 Quad-Core 1.5GHZ 64 Bit - which is on the Elephone P6000
    Mediatek - MTK6592M Octa Core 1.4GHz 32bit - which is on the Cubot X9
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 8974AB, quad core, 2.3GHz; & GPU: Adreno330 on the Xiaomi Mi3

Hopefully i will order one tonight not sure which website i should trust tho, aliexpress seems to be the one most people recomend on here from reading through this thread

Hope that helps

Jay

Thanks Jay
    I am using the P6s from elephone. Bought from banggood at start of last summer/ spring. Did a good review of it here, if you look through my posts. The gps was solid on it which was a must for me travelling although with use, I did notice (very rarely mind) that it would often get confused when I didn't follow its plan but it was never a big deal.
    One other thing I noticed is that I get an error constantly on P6s saying insufficient space for new apps even though I have feck all and nearly all apps are on my sd card so my new phone must have more space for this sort of stuff.

in any case, I cracked my P6s the other night unfortunately so I have to move on.

I am leaning toward the P6000 myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ohh the customs on top of that price really has be thinking. It'd be over 300 for the Zopo with customs even with that discount. Not sure if its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Thanks Jay
    I am using the P6s from elephone. Bought from banggood at start of last summer/ spring. Did a good review of it here, if you look through my posts. The gps was solid on it which was a must for me travelling although with use, I did notice (very rarely mind) that it would often get confused when I didn't follow its plan but it was never a big deal.
    One other thing I noticed is that I get an error constantly on P6s saying insufficient space for new apps even though I have feck all and nearly all apps are on my sd card so my new phone must have more space for this sort of stuff.

in any case, I cracked my P6s the other night unfortunately so I have to move on.

I am leaning toward the P6000 myself.

Sorry to hear about your phone, same happened to mine nye, ya the P6000 looks the one to go but the P5000 gives it a good run for the money tho, then there's the Cubot X9.

Decision decision haha

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Fortune favours the brave(almost stupid in this sense:)) but the question is will i learn from my experience.

Well probably not. That's 2 from 2 that got through and unfortunately yourself and corwill got nabbed so if i happen to need another phone i'll probably continue to risk it. It's quicker too:pac:
    Great bargain altogether very good even with customs. Mine is running great. 4g has seriously improved could be recent updates from zopo. Let me know what you all think of it. I'm gonna root mine shortly but keep stock rom cos it's just fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

webels wrote: »
    Great bargain altogether very good even with customs. Mine is running great. 4g has seriously improved could be recent updates from zopo. Let me know what you all think of it. I'm gonna root mine shortly but keep stock rom cos it's just fine for me.

I saw some complaints about bugs in ota updates released in December on a couple of other boards, sounds like that's not been an issue for you?

How are you finding the 4g on it? What about battery life?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

RossieMan wrote: »
    ohh the customs on top of that price really has be thinking. It'd be over 300 for the Zopo with customs even with that discount. Not sure if its worth it.

Still great value at 295.

Ill root it and wait to see what the others do with roms.

Still great value at 295.

Ill root it and wait to see what the others do with roms.

If i were to buy it now it'd be 330. Thats reaching OPO range. And due to the large community, that'd be the better buy.

corwill wrote: »
    I saw some complaints about bugs in ota updates released in December on a couple of other boards, sounds like that's not been an issue for you?

How are you finding the 4g on it? What about battery life?
    It was had to do a factory reset. I posted a warning a few pages ago I think.
    4g has really settled down and is excellent. If it won't change for some reason in a 4g area I just toggle 4g on off in settings. Although this is less required in the last few weeks. Battery is one full day comfortably.

Rooted the ZP999 (3x)

I got the phone rooted without losing the stock rom following

http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2997&extra=&highlight=zp999%2Broot&page=2

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55943651&postcount=4

I did lose my apps but quicky got them back.

If anyone needs some direction let me know as the instructions are not as clear as i would have liked but did eventually get it sorted.

webels wrote: »
    Rooted the ZP999 (3x)

I got the phone rooted without losing the stock rom following

http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2997&extra=&highlight=zp999%2Broot&page=2

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55943651&postcount=4

I did lose my apps but quicky got them back.

If anyone needs some direction let me know as the instructions are not as clear as i would have liked but did eventually get it sorted.

Found any decent cases or other accessories so far?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So don't use tiny deal ?? what about aliexpress ?

If you dont mind me asking how much did the phone cost you all in all, is it still worth the price ?

TinyDeal is grand but don't believe them shipping anything from Spain,use NL post & your stuff will arrive within 2 weeks from China.My bugbear was being led to believe that my phone was coming from the EU and then finding that it wasn't and getting stung for customs.

Found any decent cases or other accessories so far?
    Mine came with a case. It was a cheapo one with a rubber holder and a cover I pulled the cover off and the rubber holder on its own is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

zerks wrote: »
    TinyDeal is grand but don't believe them shipping anything from Spain,use NL post & your stuff will arrive within 2 weeks from China.My bugbear was being led to believe that my phone was coming from the EU and then finding that it wasn't and getting stung for customs.

Email them and ask for them to cover the fee, if they don't open a dispute with paypal for the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Email them and ask for them to cover the fee, if they don't open a dispute with paypal for the fee.

Used Visa Debit,I'll email them anyway and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Always use paypal myself, best option for disputes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just got a mi3.
    Trying to install Google installer but it keeps saying that there's no internet access.

It makes no sense since i just downloaded the thing.
    Any help?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just got a mi3.
    Trying to install Google installer but it keeps saying that there's no internet access.

Any help?

Did you flash Gapps to it or did it come installed?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Did you flash Gapps to it or did it come installed?

No wasn't installed.
    I had to download it off the Mi store.

It was bought off a Boardsie here and he said he reset it and updated the rom.

No wasn't installed.

I've never had any luck getting a downloaded play store to work (some people have).

i've always flashed it on in recovery. I simply googled the lastest Gapps version for my version of android and flashed it in recovery. Has always worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No wasn't installed.

Yeah get the android version and just google "gapps 4.x.x" the xs referring to your version number. There's a thread for the Mi3 on here might help you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Just got a mi3.

Any help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-LBCUy4V8

One possibility is security settings, you might have accidentally blocked it so remove all permissions related to the google installer app.

Folks,

Short bit of advice.

I am going to buy one of the following but can't decide:

Cubot X9 @ approximately €130

Cubot Zorro @ approximately €115

THL 4000 @ approximately €75

Elephone P6000 @ approximately €130

Elephone P8 @ approximately €150

Any hot picks there?

Thanks

Im goin with the Elephone P6000 (after a week of compairing it to other phones this has come out the best for me .ie MTK6732 64bit processor(Fastest processor on a chinese phone i found), 2GB ram, 16GB rom, 4G, 2700mAh battery, and everything else all the other phones have really, other than a few different features that just wouldn't bother me, going to order it tonight but not sure who to deal with

On aliexpress i cant get it for €128,97 with free shipping or
    On tinydeal its €137.04 with free shipping
    then there's Pandawill.com or dealsmachine.com

I tried this but couldn't find where to put the codes in

Originally Posted by pickarooney View Post
    Pandawill.com with voucher code ELEP6000
    The Cubot X9 can be git for USD129 on dealsmachine.com with code CUX99 (i was looking to get this either but think the p6000 tops it)

Who do you recon is the most trusted to deal with and how do i say that i want it delivered as a gift (or is this an option on these sites0

Thanks for all your help i be nowhere without boards.ie top people on here giving there time to help others

Jay

spix wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-LBCUy4V8

One possibility is security settings, you might have accidentally blocked it so remove all permissions related to the google installer app.

See i'm all good up until this point in the video - 1.40

Instead of giving me a bunch of different stuff to install it just keeps spinning and then just says no internet connection and tells me to refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

See i'm all good up until this point in the video -

Instead of giving me a bunch of different stuff to install it just keeps spinning and then just says no internet connection and tells me to refresh.

Are you using wifi or mobile data?

@MrBlobby - I'm pretty sure that I got that app to download Play Store to my Mi3, but it wouldn't work. I then downloaded an apk for Play from XDA and just it installed it over what I had already, and it worked from then on. Maybe just try the apk and see how you get on - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1996995

Alternatively, installing the appropriate gapps zip through recovery should do the trick.

Im goin with the Elephone P6000 (after a week of compairing it to other phones this has come out the best for me .ie MTK6732 64bit processor(Fastest processor on a chinese phone i found), 2GB ram, 16GB rom, 4G, 2700mAh battery, and everything else all the other phones have really, other than a few different features that just wouldn't bother me, going to order it tonight but not sure who to deal with

On aliexpress i cant get it for €128,97 with free shipping or
    On tinydeal its €137.04 with free shipping
    then there's Pandawill.com or dealsmachine.com

I tried this but couldn't find where to put the codes in

Originally Posted by pickarooney View Post
    Pandawill.com with voucher code ELEP6000
    The Cubot X9 can be git for USD129 on dealsmachine.com with code CUX99 (i was looking to get this either but think the p6000 tops it)

Who do you recon is the most trusted to deal with and how do i say that i want it delivered as a gift (or is this an option on these sites0

Thanks for all your help i be nowhere without boards.ie top people on here giving there time to help others

Anyone any help on this im just about to bit the bullet on the p6000 and want to order one tonight but some feedback here would be very greatful before i make my dicission

Thanks

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Anyone any help on this im just about to bit the bullet on the p6000 and want to order one tonight but some feedback here would be very greatful before i make my dicission

Thanks

Jay

A few of us have used gearbest. If you can find cheaper elsewhere, just ask them to price match and they will give you a code.

Use NL post and pay a few dollars for insurance.

A few of us have used gearbest. If you can find cheaper elsewhere, just ask them to price match and they will give you a code.

Use NL post and pay a few dollars for insurance.

Thank you for your reply i will look into that straight away and get back to let you's know how it all went thanks

Jay

@MrBlobby - I'm pretty sure that I got that app to download Play Store to my Mi3, but it wouldn't work. I then downloaded an apk for Play from XDA and just it installed it over what I had already, and it worked from then on. Maybe just try the apk and see how you get on - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1996995

Alternatively, installing the appropriate gapps zip through recovery should do the trick.

Just downloaded the file and it does bring up and install Google play store. Only problem is it crashes the second i open it.

Like i have the app installed now.. Just crashes instantly.

• Advertisement

as said earlier, simplest way is to google your version. which is gapps 4.4.4 I'd imagine with miui 6.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement