Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So which would be the better choice .

A cubot one or a landvo l200 , both are a similar price and the seller has loads of stock on eBay .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

So which would be the better choice .

A cubot one or a landvo l200 , both are a similar price and the seller has loads of stock on eBay .

Whichever phone you choose don't get it from ebay. Always way more expensive.

How much are you looking to spend?

Exchange rate took another big drop this morning. Down from 1.25 to 1.16 in past 3 weeks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

spix wrote: »
    Whichever phone you choose don't get it from ebay. Always way more expensive.

How much are you looking to spend?

Both are priced at about 100 with postage from England , I did see the S222 by cubot for 20 more .
    I'm looking to spend up to 150 depending on the phone . I just fancy a change from the iPhone and iOS .

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Both are priced at about 100 with postage from England , I did see the S222 by cubot for 20 more .
    I'm looking to spend up to 150 depending on the phone . I just fancy a change from the iPhone and iOS .

What about the Elephone p6000 or the Cubot X9 my head is done in compairing phones for the last 2 weeks but i think i have settled on the p6000, im just not sure who to deal with now as there are so many different stores selling chinese phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know anywhere to buy a decent case for the MI3 ??
    I've looked on Amazon/Ebay buy haven't seen any that take my fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere to buy a decent case for the MI3 ??
    I've looked on Amazon/Ebay buy haven't seen any that take my fancy.

Aliexpress will probably have a good selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

May aswell put this here. Googles new vid for Modular phones. Coming to S America this year for an initial roll out. Gonna be class these.

youtube.com/watch?v=intua_p4kE0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Not a phone but posting here as I'm sure there's someone here who could help.

Bought something from China, it has a value of about $20 so definitely below Customs duties threshold but from looking at the tracking it says that it was sent to Customs today.

I know it won't be charged VAT as it's below the threshold but because it was sent to Customs is it liable for the €7 An Post fee?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

I can no longer reccommend the elephone p3000s. The reason being the mic randomly stops working for calls. It started 2 days ago and persists. Not sure why either, its a weird one.

Hope it's a one off. I have mine since Monday and I'm very happy with it so far. I have put Gravity box on it . Will post if I get any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I know it won't be charged VAT as it's below the threshold but because it was sent to Customs is it liable for the €7 An Post fee?

Thanks.

No it won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Not a phone but posting here as I'm sure there's someone here who could help.

Bought something from China, it has a value of about $20 so definitely below Customs duties threshold but from looking at the tracking it says that it was sent to Customs today.

Thanks.

Is that the actual value or has it been marked down?

I had a media player sent to customs today with a declared value lower then the actual value, I will probably give them a ring tomorrow to see what's what

Hi everyone have made up my mind on the Elephone P6000, would anyone care to share there experience in using any of these's stores or could recomend which one might be the best to deal with it, thanks,

aliexpress gearbest to2c banggood dealsmachine pandawill 1949deal aliexpress

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hi everyone have made up my mind on the Elephone P6000, would anyone care to share there experience in using any of these's stores or could recomend which one might be the best to deal with it, thanks,

Jay

Can you get it from a euro warehouse.

Jay

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Elephone-P6000-4G-FDD-LTE-Moblie-phone-5-0-1280x720-Screen-MTK6732-64bit-Quad-Core/32241483589.html

Thank you, just one more question if you dont mind, i have read a lot about getting google play store installed on the chinese phones, how do i go about asking for this to be done and how do i get it sent as a gift, going to order one now but dont see any options for this, i am handy enough at rooting phones and that so maybe that wont be a problem

Thanks

Jay

aliexpress.com/item/Original-Elephone-P6000-4G-FDD-LTE-Moblie-phone-5-0-1280x720-Screen-MTK6732-64bit-Quad-Core/32241483589

Its say's presell but then it says its in stock (995 pieces available) little confused and im a little put of by this aswell
    Free Shippingto Ireland via Singapore Post
    Estimated Delivery Time: 15-60 days (ships out within 5 business days)

2 weeks to 2 months for delivery could i really be waiting that long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭_Jumper_

Its say's presell but then it says its in stock (995 pieces available) little confused and im a little put of by this aswell

30 days is a definite possibility.

It's in stock, says in description, they just forgot to change the title.

Delivery with singapore post is around 2 weeks. 60 days would be for places like brazil with crazy custom delays.

Playstore already preinstalled on that one I linked to, check screenshots :-)

wiz569 wrote: »
    Is that the actual value or has it been marked down?

I had a media player sent to customs today with a declared value lower then the actual value, I will probably give them a ring tomorrow to see what's what

It's the actual value, it's a XiaoMi fitness band for anyone wondering.

Got it for about €14.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    No it won't.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

It's the actual value, it's a XiaoMi fitness band for anyone wondering.

Got it for about €14.

You should be fine so,unlike me who got the official letter from customs this morning lol

Anybody know if they treat separate items in one package as one them for vat purposes,or do the treat each item individually?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

You should be fine so,unlike me who got the official letter from customs this morning lol

Anybody know if they treat separate items in one package as one them for vat purposes,or do the treat each item individually?

I would think total cost of the order, rather than individual items but I could be wrong.

Can you get it from a euro warehouse.

Not to sure about this

It's in stock, says in description, they just forgot to change the title.

Delivery with singapore post is around 2 weeks. 60 days would be for places like brazil with crazy custom delays.

Playstore already preinstalled on that one I linked to, check screenshots :-)

Thanks just going to bite the bullet now and get the Elephone p6000 from aliexpress hope all goes well, thanks to everyone on here for your help, ill will post my feedback when/if i get my phone haha

Jay

Just got the letter saying it's at Customs so I've emailed off the purchase details.

I hope they don't think I'm lying about the >€15 value!

Awaiting a response now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

if you just send one your PayPal purchase they'll take it. no point linking the website, they won't accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Hi everyone first time poster in this forum. I got myself the cubot s208 recently great phone. The only annoyance is that there is so little room for storing apps. Looked into rooting etc but it's risky as I have upgraded the os to the latest version. Am seriously thinking about getting the p6000 but can you tell me does that have decent space for apps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thank you, just one more question if you dont mind, i have read a lot about getting google play store installed on the chinese phones, how do i go about asking for this to be done and how do i get it sent as a gift, going to order one now but dont see any options for this, i am handy enough at rooting phones and that so maybe that wont be a problem

Thanks

Jay

Jay, there is a poster a few pages back that had a code for a discount which brought it down to approx €120

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Pandawill.com with voucher code ELEP6000

The Cubot X9 can be git for USD129 on dealsmachine.com with code CUX99

There you go Jay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement