Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

There you go Jay

Thanks but there not in stock untill 8th of feb on pandawill, i can get it for €121,02 right now on aliexpress with
    Free Shipping to Ireland via China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus
    Estimated Delivery Time: 15-34 days (ships out within 15 business days)
    Sold by Sold By
    Shenzhen ze letter technology tablet shop
    China (Mainland)

Fingers crossed all goes well

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I have done and I was unsuccessful with a Paypal dispute on the basis that I didn't opt for insurance and the incident hasn't happened within a month or two of purchase.

I essentially have a €240 paper weight.

Sorry to be spamming this again.

Any tech-savvy kind soul willing to have a look at my phone?
    I will pop into them or meet up (if that's ok of course) If anything can be done, I'll sort you out with a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I will pop into them or meet up (if that's ok of course) If anything can be done, I'll sort you out with a few bob.

Anyone who can solder will have nothing to lose if you agree to it to be fair. Have you tried ringing repair shops around the country to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Thanks just going to bite the bullet now and get the Elephone p6000 from aliexpress hope all goes well, thanks to everyone on here for your help, ill will post my feedback when/if i get my phone haha
    Jay

Its on Pandawill aswell, €127 with coupon code ELEP6000. Think aliexpress are correct with the pre-sale tag. Pandawill won't ship untill 8th Feb, and even the Elephone site say it goes on sale early Feb. Daughter needs a new phone, think this is gonna be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Duiske wrote: »
    Its on Pandawill aswell, €127 with coupon code ELEP6000. Think aliexpress are correct with the pre-sale tag. Pandawill won't ship untill 8th Feb, and even the Elephone site say it goes on sale early Feb.

Some places are definitely in stock as they have screenshots with multi lang rom and pics of the actual phone. Aliexpress is like ebay, loads of different sellers. Some probably got stock earlier than others and next batch is released 8th Feb. If they say in stock in the listing they most likely have it, you can also chat to the seller on the right side to confirm it, most respond pretty fast.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    Is it picked up by your computer or adb?

I have quoted the above post as I don't understand ADB or The Linux directory/cmd

Going to hold my hands up and admit I bit off more than I could chew getting one of these. (Refusing to pay ridiculous prices or sign pointless contracts for inferior or similar phones here in Ireland was my thinking)

It's my first Android phone and I understand it's essentially Linux running the Etotalk ROM (Assuming a ROM is a like custom Operating Service?)
    I know with my own time, research and effort I can suss things out, but with my own personal situation I just don't have the time (nor patience atm)

There maybe hope for a repair from Etotalk now as I've basically threatened to wipe their name in crap over every social network, forum etc.

Until I know for sure, I would really appreciate anybody around Tallaght (or South Dublin) could maybe even help me 'flash' the phone because they sent me instructions to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got my ZOPO 999.
    Antutu score of 46162. Which us more thancthe OPO and mi4.

Will post more detail later.

Got it for 235 euro plus 60 customs.

Maybe try phone wizz in Moore st.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Got my ZOPO 999.

Great stuff around what I paid for the 16gb model so great price. If you are considering root do it at the start as I couldn't succeed without losing all my apps even though I didn't do a factory reset or reset cache or anything. With root you can use titanium backup for any future upgrades.

webels wrote: »
    Great stuff around what I paid for the 16gb model so great price. If you are considering root do it at the start as I couldn't succeed without losing all my apps even though I didn't do a factory reset or reset cache or anything. With root you can use titanium backup for any future upgrades.

Can you link me to how I do the root?

Was there an issue with the december update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone know how quick coolicool are shipping from their europe warehouse,confirmed payment on 14th jan,but not shipped yet. Grace mailed me back to say its packed after i asked about the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

horse7 wrote: »
    Anyone know how quick coolicool are shipping from their europe warehouse,confirmed payment on 14th jan,but not shipped yet. Grace mailed me back to say its packed after i asked about the phone?

Usually about 3-5 working days before its shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

horse7 wrote: »

Ordered Landvo L200G on Dec 9th, shipped on 11th and received Dec 15th

I appreciate people who have contacted me over flashing my phone.

Etotalk have made a U-turn and have offered to repair my phone if I send it back to them (China)

Can anybody estimate how much it will cost to send via registered post?
    Average waiting time?

I appreciate people who have contacted me over flashing my phone.

Etotalk have made a U-turn and have offered to repair my phone if I send it back to them (China)

Can anybody estimate how much it will cost to send via registered post?
    Average waiting time?
    Costs about a tenner, just ask them to send a replacement, I asked chinavaison to fix mine once, didn't get it for 3 months

Costs about a tenner, just ask them to send a replacement, I asked chinavaison to fix mine once, didn't get it for 3 months

They won't replace or refund the phone, I lost a paypal dispute with them.

"Dear Buyer,

Please ship it back to us by the address below by registered air mail, don't use fedex or ups or dhl, customs will not allow to import if you ship it by those services. Please make sure not using too big package to pack it, make the package as small as possible. Please also pack it as hard to open as possible because if the package is too difficult to open, customs will not check it.

On your way bill or CN22, write: MP4 Player, with customs declare value of 15 USD. (important!)"

Is it really going to cost 10-15e to send this register air mail?

"Dear Buyer,

Please ship it back to us by the address below by registered air mail, don't use fedex or ups or dhl, customs will not allow to import if you ship it by those services. Please make sure not using too big package to pack it, make the package as small as possible. Please also pack it as hard to open as possible because if the package is too difficult to open, customs will not check it.

On your way bill or CN22, write: MP4 Player, with customs declare value of 15 USD. (important!)"

Is it really going to cost 10-15e to send this via registered air mail?

"Dear Buyer,

Is it really going to cost 10-15e to send this via registered air mail?

It cost me 9.40? I sent the whole lot back though, in its original box so with a smaller package it may be less. They may replace it when you return the broken one?

It cost me 9.40? I sent the whole lot back though, in its original box so with a smaller package it may be less. They may replace it when you return the broken one?

I hope so, I pray so.

Thank you for your help I will keep you updated.

Make sure to value it at the costcof a replacement when registering.
    It costs nothing extra but ensures your covered if its lost or damaged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Rooted the ZP999 (3x)

I got the phone rooted without losing the stock rom following

http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2997&extra=&highlight=zp999%2Broot&page=2

and

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55943651&postcount=4

I did lose my apps but quicky got them back.

If anyone needs some direction let me know as the instructions are not as clear as i would have liked but did eventually get it sorted.
    For tatranska. Yes the December upgrade needed a factory reset. If you need any help let me know as the instructions were not very clear, well to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Got my ZOPO 999.

As a matter of interest where'd you buy from?

foxerv1 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest where'd you buy from?

gearbest.com with a code they gave out.

For tatranska. Yes the December upgrade needed a factory reset. If you need any help let me know as the instructions were not very clear, well to me anyway.

Looks complicated :eek: I'll need to read it at a more reasonable hour of the day

DO you still have the downloads that you could send me?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

endplate wrote: »
    Hi everyone first time poster in this forum. I got myself the cubot s208 recently great phone. The only annoyance is that there is so little room for storing apps. Looked into rooting etc but it's risky as I have upgraded the os to the latest version. Am seriously thinking about getting the p6000 but can you tell me does that have decent space for apps

Anybody any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭pah

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Anyone interested in a Chinese tablet lads? with SIM slot for 3G & calls/texts and all.

http://www.cube-tablet.com/cube-talk79-octa-core-u55gt-c8-phone-call-tablet-pc-mtk8392-bt-gps-fm-3g-7-85-inch-retina-2gb-16gb.html

Have it here with me now, only received it this week. Was supposed to be a prezzie for the father but the mother had already bought him one in the sales over the weekend!! :D

Any questions let me know, its brand new in the box. Great looking tablet. Would be willing to let it go for around the €120 mark.

I'll take it sure

endplate wrote: »
    Anybody any advice?

The elephone p6000 is a single partition phone so you can use the storage for anything, around 11.5gb free when new.

I don't know anything about increasing app space on the s208 sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

spix wrote: »
    The elephone p6000 is a single partition phone so you can use the storage for anything, around 11.5gb free when new.

I don't know anything about increasing app space on the s208 sorry

Thanks spix that's exactly what I wanted to know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads are Etotalk the only site that do root and Google play?

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads are Etotalk the only site that do root and Google play?

No, nearly every seller do it for free. Etotalk just try charge extra for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement