Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The phone I got from tinydeal came rooted.Was just a cheap one I ordered for an in law who wanted something half decent but not costing the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Looks complicated :eek: I'll need to read it at a more reasonable hour of the day

DO you still have the downloads that you could send me?
    They are fairly big but I can arrange a dropbox link in the next day or so if that suits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

webels wrote: »
    They are fairly big but I can arrange a dropbox link in the next day or so if that suits?

That would be great.
    I'll work on starting a support thread for the zopo, much like i did with the Mi3 and put a link to the dropbox.:D

That would be great.

I'll work on starting a support thread for the zopo, much like i did with the Mi3 and put a link to the dropbox.:D

Zopo ZP999 root.

I've done a little how-to, all files required can be found on the dropbox link below. How-to is a word file, so let me know how it goes because I hope its clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r1435tlh5enmbm6/AABUuvEbFJvTXqFRlcqjrKfwa?dl=0

The files and how-to are sourced through Jaspers post on the zopomobileshop forum with some slight modifications - credit to the poster over there.

http://forum.zopomobileshop.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2997&extra=&highlight=zp999%2Broot&page=2

PS Support thread would be very useful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Got stung by customs for the P3000s I bought from Aliexpress. Sickened! €30.11 so the phone has cost me €170 + 30.11 now! Better be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Colemania wrote: »
    Got stung by customs for the P3000s I bought from Aliexpress. Sickened! €30.11 so the phone has cost me €170 + 30.11 now! Better be good!

What value was it declared as? Which postage method?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Colemania wrote: »

Why did you buy it there for that price? was about 20 euro cheaper elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Euro dollar rate has sunk recently, it was probably the same price everywhere when he ordered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

That would be great.

Hurry the f**k up with that support thread:D

I've a few questions for our test pilot webels and don't want to clog this thread.

I've had my phone over a week and i'm still using my nexus 4:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Where do you recomend i was thinking of ordering from there aswell, now im thinking about using coolicool because it has a eu warehouse, only thing is, i want the elephone p6000 and its not ready to ship untill the 10th of feb plus its 20e more expensive that i have found on some other sites but, i like the idea that it ships from the eu

• Advertisement

Where do you recomend i was thinking of ordering from there aswell, now im thinking about using coolicool because it has a eu warehouse, only thing is, i want the elephone p6000 and its not ready to ship untill the 10th of feb plus its 20e more expensive that i have found on some other sites but, i like the idea that it ships from the eu

I was ordering it from etotalk and with delivery and extra bits it came to 175 but there was no stock at the time so I cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Exchange rate gone to sh*t now so that was the cheapest around or close enough.

It was declared at 30 us dollars and sent by DHL.....but.....they also declared it stupidly as a smart phone

Hurry the f**k up with that support thread:D

I've a few questions for our test pilot webels and don't want to clog this thread.

I've had my phone over a week and i'm still using my nexus 4:eek:

I'll open it tonight after I get the kids to bed....relax....surely you dont need us to tell you were the power button on the phone is !!!!:D

.......its on the right, 2nd button from top:D

I'll open it tonight after I get the kids to bed....relax....surely you dont need us to tell you were the power button on the phone is !!!!:D

.......its on the right, 2nd button from top:D
    That would be excellent. I will add my thoughts so far for what they are worth. Go on itsnotmyfault switch it on anyway. The ROM it comes with is really great. Very reliable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

webels wrote: »
    That would be excellent. I will add my thoughts so far for what they are worth. Go on itsnotmyfault switch it on anyway. The ROM it comes with is really great. Very reliable so far.

Well now that I know where the power button is...... ðŸ˜႒

The Zopo Owners thread is this way
    >>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Get out of here you filthy animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Will this phone work correctly here, not sure on the frequencies for 3G?
    http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-UK-WarehouseDOOGEE-VALENCIA-DG800-4_5-inch-Quad-core-Smartphone-wp-Uk-945979.html should be under 110euro delivered

theShire wrote: »
    Will this phone work correctly here, not sure on the frequencies for 3G?
    http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Warehouse-UK-WarehouseDOOGEE-VALENCIA-DG800-4_5-inch-Quad-core-Smartphone-wp-Uk-945979.html should be under 110euro delivered

Has 2100 so it should

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Thinking about getting the Elephone P5000, it's available 5/2 on TMart but wondering has anyone any experience with it?

16GB ROM, 2GB Ram, 1080p, Octave Core, Fingerprint scanner, looks like a Samsung clone but hoping I can flash it.

http://www.tmart.com/Elephone-P5000-5.0-Android-4.4-8-16MP-Dual-Camera-2-16GB-Octo-Core-1960-x-1080-New-Unlocked-Dual-SIM-Cellphone-White-EU-Standard-Charger_p310418.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What are the benefits of going Chinese, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What are the benefits of going Chinese, so to speak?

Better specs for lower price, massive variety, people being amazed at how different your phone is if you care.

All are Sim free, some dual sim. Generally bring new advancements before or in step with western brands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Thinking about getting the Elephone P5000, it's available 5/2 on TMart but wondering has anyone any experience with it?

16GB ROM, 2GB Ram, 1080p, Octave Core, Fingerprint scanner, looks like a Samsung clone but hoping I can flash it.

http://www.tmart.com/Elephone-P5000-5.0-Android-4.4-8-16MP-Dual-Camera-2-16GB-Octo-Core-1960-x-1080-New-Unlocked-Dual-SIM-Cellphone-White-EU-Standard-Charger_p310418.html

Nice battery on that one.

Thought you had a new Moto G?

Anyone know how to fix the problem where the phone thinks the earphones are still in?

Fixed it somehow :pac:

Just noticed a Elephone P3000 on adverts for 240!! Really wish adverts would crack down on the rip off merchants on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Anyone know how to fix the problem where the phone thinks the earphones are still in?

Soundabout on the Play Store. Couple of Euro only

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Take the earphones out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

I have an option of two phones, umi zero and a THL5000, will they work here band wise and which is the better one. The umi is out of stock for 2 more weeks,and the THL is in stock,but I don't know if its worth waiting two weeks?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Nice battery on that one.

Thought you had a new Moto G?

I do and I love that little guy! Especially after it had a little swim in the sink haha.

It can actually be used as a charger to charge other device with its massive battery which I find mad!

I wanna get a nice beefy spec'd Chinese phone to tinker with too though!

• Advertisement

I do and I love that little guy! Especially after it had a little swim in the sink haha.

It can actually be used as a charger to charge other device with its massive battery which I find mad!

I wanna get a nice beefy spec'd Chinese phone to tinker with too though!
    Get the ZOPO you know you want to. Plenty tinkering to be done there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement