Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eamonnq wrote: »
    Take the earphones out!! :D

Believe it or not they were out :pac: think the connection might be crap on it was able to fiddle with it until it went away.

Ordered the Elephone p6000 today from etotalk, hopefully I have better luck than last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

horse7 wrote: »
    I have an option of two phones, umi zero and a THL5000, will they work here band wise and which is the better one. The umi is out of stock for 2 more weeks,and the THL is in stock,but I don't know if its worth waiting two weeks?

Umi zero or THL 5000?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

horse7 wrote: »
    Umi zero or THL 5000?

THL for me, the battery is what wins it for me as the specs are very similar.

• Advertisement

Also has the HALL IC

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

I agree that the THL looks better on paper. However, 90sBla has a bad experience with GPS - this would be a dealbreaker for me.
    90sBla wrote: »
    I have a thl 5000. The GPS is ****. If you're on the road it keeps up and then thinks youre on a sideroad even if you're on a motorway and it constantly reroutes your journey on gmaps. I've tried every patch for it etc. No joy.

My sister has a umi zero and the GPS is flawless. Both of these have a diff mtk chip although I'm not sure.

I think that Umi Zero is available from GeekBuying

Most sellers have the THL5000 as using the MTK6592 chip ( not MTK6592T ) as per the comparison site above.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Ordered the Elephone p6000 today from etotalk, hopefully I have better luck than last month.

Hope all goes well, i am goin to order the same phone, but thinging of using coolicool because it has a eu warehouse, only thing is they dont have it in stoke till the 5th of Feb it cost €135

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Most sellers have the THL5000 as using the MTK6592 chip ( not MTK6592T ) as per the comparison site above.

Firstly, thanks for your comparison link. Very useful.

Would expect a THL5000 with the MTK6592T chip (note the "T") to give accurate GPS?

• Advertisement

Hope all goes well, i am goin to order the same phone, but thinging of using coolicool because it has a eu warehouse, only thing is they dont have it in stoke till the 5th of Feb it cost €135

Yeh I wasnt waiting around this time, I got free DHL with this purchase so I'm happy enough, plus ill have to pay about 25 in customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

I am having some trouble getting replies from coolicool (grace),has anyone any idea how long a reply takes.I placed an order umi zero from Europe shop,but after being told it was getting prepared,I got another mail to say its not in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Yeh I wasnt waiting around this time, I got free DHL with this purchase so I'm happy enough, plus ill have to pay about 25 in customs.

So, are you going to pay €161.99 plus the €25 in customs for that phone, do you think its worth that, i do like the DHL shipping plus all the options you have to root the phone on that site, but its at a charge, what did you add to your phone, all in all whats it costing you. I might just order from here now myself and pay the extra, but i have found it a lot cheaper €135 on coolicool, but that site looks the real deal

So, are you going to pay €161.99 plus the €25 in customs for that phone, do you think its worth that, i do like the DHL shipping plus all the options you have to root the phone on that site, but its at a charge, what did you add to your phone, all in all whats it costing you. I might just order from here now myself and pay the extra, but i have found it a lot cheaper €135 on coolicool, but that site looks the real deal

I would be pretty sure coolicool will change the price when its in stock, I added the etotalk rom, play store and root etc, Im sure they come with that anyway but I didnt want to take a chance. Im selling my Xiaomi to a friend for 100 so Im only really spending 70ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

What would be the nearest Chinese equivalent to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ? Absolutely love this phone but ain't forking out €600 for one, so just interested in looking at alternatives. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Hi Guys,

Need your help

You reckon 4g will work on this http ://www .xiaomishop. com/212-xiaomi-redmi-2-4g-lte-dual-sim-smartphone-black.html

And do you think this is a genuine retailer ?

I think it looks safe or maybe its even official.

Finding it hard to get my head around the whole 4g thing :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

What would be the nearest Chinese equivalent to a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 ? Absolutely love this phone but ain't forking out €600 for one, so just interested in looking at alternatives. Any help appreciated.

My top choices would be the Xiaomi Mi Note which is being released soon, Meizu mx4 pro, or Coolpad f2 for a strict budget.

There's plenty more cheaper phones in that size range too, along with the Note 4 clones which I wouldn't go near personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

Zopo ZP999 or 3X?

theduffer wrote: »
    Zopo 3x/999 ?

???

steo_magra wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Need your help

You reckon 4g will work on this http ://www .xiaomishop. com/212-xiaomi-redmi-2-4g-lte-dual-sim-smartphone-black.html

The redmi 2 will work here with 4G but its missing the 800mhz band which might mean no coverage in some areas.

Not official store but safe.

They're very expensive though especially since they're charging so much for shipping, try aliexpress for a better deal. You can even find sellers there that guarantee no custom duty with express shipping, for cheaper than what that store charges for the phone alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

???

Sorry Eamonnq that was a typo..

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/9e192fcf

steo_magra wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Need your help

Doesnt work for me anywhere in Dublin, I would avoid.

Which network? Three only use the 1800mhz 4g band and they have coverage in Dublin. I think the 800mhz is used in rural areas by meteor whereas 1800 is used in main cities.

Is that the same phone as you have ?

http://www.xiaomishop.com/208-redmi-enhanced-4g-dual-sim-smartphone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

spix wrote: »
    My top choices would be the Xiaomi Mi Note which is being released soon, Meizu mx4 pro, or Coolpad f2 for a strict budget.

There's plenty more cheaper phones in that size range too, along with the Note 4 clones which I wouldn't go near personally.

Jiayu S3 looks decent as well, in that bracket, should be available shortly.

Nope this is

How is the GPS on that or have you used it ?

How is the GPS on that or have you used it ?

Used it once and it took a minute to lock but was good from then on.

Etotalk have shipped my phone, dont think ive ever had a phone ship in 24 hours :)

• Advertisement

Etotalk have shipped my phone, dont think ive ever had a phone ship in 24 hours :)

I bought a phone from here a few days ago http://www.aliexpress.com/store/342812

Ordered at 6pm, was shipped at 1am so 7 hours. On its way to the UK now then fedex to Ireland with guaranteed no customs.

They forgot my free tpu case though so sent it separately with China post (they send pics of your package and all items which is how I noticed it was missing) Still pissed about that.. I hate using new phones without a case as terrified I will drop it within a couple of minutes :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement