Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

spix wrote: »
    I bought a phone from here a few days ago http://www.aliexpress.com/store/342812

Which phone did you buy ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

Recommendations for using coolicool. Europe shipping please, Please include shipping times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

eamonnq wrote: »
    Which phone did you buy ??

Redmi 2. It's actually for a relative who has a history of dropping phones like no tomorrow, which is why I'm worried over the tpu case lol. I gave them the honor 3c 4g and they dropped it after 2 days, excuse was it's too big. Luckily I had a nillkin glass screen protector which took the damage.

Redmi 2. It's actually for a relative who has a history of dropping phones like no tomorrow, which is why I'm worried over the tpu case lol. I gave them the honor 3c 4g and they dropped it after 2 days, excuse was it's too big. Luckily I had a nillkin glass screen protector which took the damage.

The Redmi 2 is 'on my radar' along with the Coolpad F2 for my next purchase.

Then this caught my eye (Octacore tablet for 80usd) ??!! :eek:

http://www.coolicool.com/colorfly-g708-mtk6592-octa-core-14ghz-7-inch-ips-screen-android-44-tablet-g-36242

The Redmi 2 is 'on my radar' along with the Coolpad F2 for my next purchase.

Then this caught my eye (Octacore tablet for 80usd) ??!! :eek:

http://www.coolicool.com/colorfly-g708-mtk6592-octa-core-14ghz-7-inch-ips-screen-android-44-tablet-g-36242

Looks like a bargain but not really into tablets myself.

Euro needs to recover before I'll be buying another Chinese phone. Few months ago I was going to get the 64gb mi4 for $470 (350 euro at the time) but I said I'd wait until it goes down in price. Well its gone down to $450 now but that converts to 400 euro. Didn't go as planned...

• Advertisement

Looks like a bargain but not really into tablets myself.

Me neither, and I am currently using a Elephone P8 (5.7inch screen) but was thinking the tablet would be handy (stop the young fella having to have my phone!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I bought a phone from here a few days ago http://www.aliexpress.com/store/342812

Ordered at 6pm, was shipped at 1am so 7 hours. On its way to the UK now then fedex to Ireland with guaranteed no customs.

They forgot my free tpu case though so sent it separately with China post (they send pics of your package and all items which is how I noticed it was missing) Still pissed about that.. I hate using new phones without a case as terrified I will drop it within a couple of minutes :o

Its like willy waving with you on here :D

Etotalk SAY they have shipped my phone, think ive had a phone ship in 24 hours :)

FYP :p

FYP :p

Have a tracking number so Im sure they have :pac:

Have a tracking number so Im sure they have :pac:

but does it work on a tracking site yet ??:P

They probably have sent it, but I usually don't believe them (until after I have received it!! )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has anyone got a OnePlus One phone yet? Friend of mine recommended it to me, have to say it looks impressive for the price and spec!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Best phone you can buy atm because of the battery life and the screen imo, and the price of course. Just be wary that the OnePlus 2 could be here in a few weeks so there could be price drops on the way. Ill happily use mine for the next 3 years though, its an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Can you use it on 4G/LTE here? Saw that in some cases you cant in the UK. DId you buy direct or get it from someplace else like Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Bought direct with an invite 3 months ago, 4G on Three absolutely flawless but you'd need to ask other people what O2 and Vodafone are like or if they even work. 3 4G is blinding fast, 2-3 mb/sec torrents, instant youtube/filmon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Will this phone work in Ireland?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Lenovo-A8-A806-MTK6592-Octa-Core-1-7GHz-5-0-Inch-Android-4-4-Smartphone-2G-RAM-16GB-ROM-4G-FDD-LTE-HD-13-0MP---Black-331849.html

Highlights

4G network Golden Warrior one step ahead, support LTE TDD/WCDMA/GSM! 30 times faster than 3G network, the 4G generation, Golden Warrior A8 lead the extreme experience.
    True octa CPU super large capacity, MTK 6592 CPU dominant frequency 1.7GHz, 28nm HPM processing, Cortex-A7 framework. Using Mail 450-MP4 dominant frequency 700MHz GPU, supporting H.265 decoding, supporting HD 4K video decoding.
    The newest BSI-3 13.0MP rear camera, light sensitivity has increased 20%, noisy point has decreased 30%. 28mm wide angle, 5P aspherical lens, with the world's top lens supplier providing MTF numerical value, to achieve super high definition.
    VIBE UI 2.0 understand you more, based on Android 4.4, "Foresee" design, normal functions always standby, supporting black screen unlocking operating.
    5.0inch IPS capacitive creen, 1280*720 pixels
    MTK6592 octa core, 1.7GHz
    2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    Dual camera: 5.0MP front camera and 13.0MP CMOS back camera with flashlight and auto focus
    Single SIM card
    Support 4G/3G/GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth
    Networking: 2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz 3G: HSPA 900/2100MHZ 4G: FDD-LTE: 1800/2100; TD-LTE: 2600MHZ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Looking for a Chinese phone for a friend, has to be 5" or less, iphone 6 size isn't too bad but maybe little smaller.
    Budget is 200-300€ would like a snapdragon 800+
    I have the Oneplus One a few months now ( best phone eva!) and want to stick to a chinese phone since they're much better value for money but there's so much out there.
    Love the Mi3 but it's slightly too big, she has small hands :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

brock92 wrote: »
    Will this phone work in Ireland?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Lenovo-A8-A806-MTK6592-Octa-Core-1-7GHz-5-0-Inch-Android-4-4-Smartphone-2G-RAM-16GB-ROM-4G-FDD-LTE-HD-13-0MP---Black-331849.html

Highlights

4G network Golden Warrior one step ahead, support LTE TDD/WCDMA/GSM! 30 times faster than 3G network, the 4G generation, Golden Warrior A8 lead the extreme experience.
    True octa CPU super large capacity, MTK 6592 CPU dominant frequency 1.7GHz, 28nm HPM processing, Cortex-A7 framework. Using Mail 450-MP4 dominant frequency 700MHz GPU, supporting H.265 decoding, supporting HD 4K video decoding.
    The newest BSI-3 13.0MP rear camera, light sensitivity has increased 20%, noisy point has decreased 30%. 28mm wide angle, 5P aspherical lens, with the world's top lens supplier providing MTF numerical value, to achieve super high definition.
    VIBE UI 2.0 understand you more, based on Android 4.4, "Foresee" design, normal functions always standby, supporting black screen unlocking operating.
    5.0inch IPS capacitive creen, 1280*720 pixels
    MTK6592 octa core, 1.7GHz
    2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    Dual camera: 5.0MP front camera and 13.0MP CMOS back camera with flashlight and auto focus
    Single SIM card
    Support 4G/3G/GPS/WiFi/Bluetooth
    Networking: 2G: GSM 900/1800/1900MHz 3G: HSPA 900/2100MHZ 4G: FDD-LTE: 1800/2100; TD-LTE: 2600MHZ

It says FDD, So it will work in Ireland, you need to check if the Network you intend using it on are using the 1800 or 2100 bands though, Other phones give you more options in FDD, ie 800 is one of the bands licenced to some of the networks and will probably be used in more rural areas as it has longer range.

KilOit wrote: »
    Looking for a Chinese phone for a friend, has to be 5" or less, iphone 6 size isn't too bad but maybe little smaller.
    I have the Oneplus One a few months now ( best phone eva!) and want to stick to a chinese phone since they're much better value for money but there's so much out there.

Snapdragon 800 in compact size is not common. Xperia z3 compact would be an option. Euro drop recently has cut a good bit of value out of Chinese phones.

These are the 2 most powerful compact chinese phones. If you'd settle for something cheaper there's a couple others.

Xiaomi mi2s (4.3") 32gb version available for about $200 now. It has a snapdragon 600 but still plenty powerful. It's still receiving updates from xiaomi too.

Iuni u2 (4.7") http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-IUNI-U2-Smart-Phone-Qualcomm-Snapdragon800-Quad-Core-2-2GHz-4-7-FHD-1920x1080-2GB/1243333_32227978300.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

KilOit wrote: »

Nubia z7 mini would be ideal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Anyone know where I can get roms or the latest updates for the elephone p3000s? It's on 4.4.2 at the moment but surely there's a newer update out for it by now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Colemania wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get roms or the latest updates for the elephone p3000s? It's on 4.4.2 at the moment but surely there's a newer update out for it by now!

www.needrom.com/category/elephone/p3000/ only has as high as 4.4.2 so you're probably out of luck for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Colemania wrote: »

Ask on the elephone forum?

http://bbs.elephone.hk/forum.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

seannash wrote: »
    Nubia z7 mini would be ideal

wheres the best place to buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

crazygeryy wrote: »
    wheres the best place to buy this?

I'm not sure, I was looking at it, buying on OPPOMART. It seems like a very reliable site

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Hi lads.

I'd appreciate advice on something here.

I ordered a Umi Zero and an extra case last Thursday - they were part of the same order and were from a China supplier. Unfortunately, the supplier has shipped the case but the actual phone won't ship until later this week.

My question is this - "what will customs do if they intercept the case?". In order for me to prove the price of the case I will need to show the full invoice which will also include the phone so will customs then charge me for the phone as well?

I'm considering the option of refusing the case if customs stop it. Have any of you guys had a similar experience to this "split delivery"? As I say, any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

handofdog wrote: »
    Hi lads.

I'd appreciate advice on something here.

I ordered a Umi Zero and an extra case last Thursday - they were part of the same order and were from a China supplier. Unfortunately, the supplier has shipped the case but the actual phone won't ship until later this week.

My question is this - "what will customs do if they intercept the case?". In order for me to prove the price of the case I will need to show the full invoice which will also include the phone so will customs then charge me for the phone as well?

I'm considering the option of refusing the case if customs stop it. Have any of you guys had a similar experience to this "split delivery"? As I say, any advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Nothing to worry about with a Case unless its over 22 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Customs charge first and answer questions later. It will arrive on your door step with a charge or it won't.
    Like the last poster said if it's marked on it that it's worth over 22 euro they might charge you. If it isn't they will more than likely let it through.
    Imo i dont think there will be a problem.

Apparently my phone has skipped customs :eek: rang DHL to make a payment and was told its a low value item :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hi,

I lost of HTC M8 at a concert the other week and need a replacement to get me through the next 12 months or so.

I would like something high end but don't want to go mad spending money - Hello Chinese Android Phones thread!

So I considered the OnePlus One however I am on Vodafone so 4G will not work. I did a bit of research (top Chinese Android phones etc) but have only really found phones without 4G.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

• Advertisement

budgemook wrote: »
    Hi,

I lost of HTC M8 at a concert the other week and need a replacement to get me through the next 12 months or so.

I would like something high end but don't want to go mad spending money - Hello Chinese Android Phones thread!

So I considered the OnePlus One however I am on Vodafone so 4G will not work. I did a bit of research (top Chinese Android phones etc) but have only really found phones without 4G.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

What's your max budget and what screen size?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement