Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

budgemook wrote: »
    Hi,

I lost of HTC M8 at a concert the other week and need a replacement to get me through the next 12 months or so.

I would like something high end but don't want to go mad spending money - Hello Chinese Android Phones thread!

So I considered the OnePlus One however I am on Vodafone so 4G will not work. I did a bit of research (top Chinese Android phones etc) but have only really found phones without 4G.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

If you're looking for compatibility with Vodafone's 4G (band 20, 800mHz), then the field narrows considerably. The soon to be released Jiayu S3 and the Zopo ZP999/3X are the only fairly well specced options I can think of off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Budget - let's say 250
    Screen - don't mind, m8 size. Wouldn't be dead against bigger.

I'll check out those phones soon to be released, any idea when they are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Have any of you rooted your Chinese phone? I got the Xiaomi 1S and would like to get rid of some of the crappy Chinese apps and stuff it came with, is it a risky thing to do or straight forward?

Budget - let's say 250
    Screen - don't mind, m8 size. Wouldn't be dead against bigger.

I'll check out those phones soon to be released, any idea when they are out?

Zopo's ZP999 and 3X (same phone bar ROM capacity, former is 32GB, latter is 16GB) are already available, I have mine up and running as of this morning, just getting used to it. They have their own thread here -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057364927

As for the Jiayu S3, Pandawill and Geekbuying both still have it on pre-sale, indicating mid-Feb. Mid-Feb could come and go without it being available, though.

thebuzz wrote: »
    Have any of you rooted your Chinese phone? I got the Xiaomi Mi4 and would like to get rid of some of the crappy Chinese apps and stuff it came with, is it a risky thing to do or straight forward?

I managed to root my Xiaomi Mi3 with only a couple of hiccups as a more-or-less novice. Check out XDA, you should find plenty of guides on rooting and installing custom recovery, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Luckydog69

Have any of you rooted your Chinese phone? I got the Xiaomi Mi4 and would like to get rid of some of the crappy Chinese apps and stuff it came with, is it a risky thing to do or straight forward?

Check out MTK Droid Tools... Works for most Chinese Phones providing they have a mediatek processor...good for getting rid of Chinese junk that comes preinstalled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've rooted like 6, including 2 unbranded devices. Though I'd have some experience messing with them before, there's not much too it. A popular device like the Mi4 should be a cakewalk to be honest!

Androids are harder to brick than people believe

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Hi,

I lost of HTC M8 at a concert the other week and need a replacement to get me through the next 12 months or so.

I would like something high end but don't want to go mad spending money - Hello Chinese Android Phones thread!

So I considered the OnePlus One however I am on Vodafone so 4G will not work. I did a bit of research (top Chinese Android phones etc) but have only really found phones without 4G.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Elephone P6000, 64bit processor quad core 1.5GHz, 2GB ram, 16GB rom, 4G, 5", Android 5.0(update) and everything else really that a smart phone has

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Have any of you rooted your Chinese phone? I got the Xiaomi 1S and would like to get rid of some of the crappy Chinese apps and stuff it came with, is it a risky thing to do or straight forward?

Where did you buy it from? Usually sellers send xiaomi phones with the chinese apps removed.

The redmi 1s has a global rom http://en.miui.com/download-226.html#325

Guide to install it is there too. This will remove all Chinese apps and preinstall google.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Elephone P6000, 64bit processor quad core 1.5GHz, 2GB ram, 16GB rom, 4G, 5", Android 5.0(update) and everything else really that a smart phone has

Jay

Have you got yours yet, and if you have how is it ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

eamonnq wrote: »
    Have you got yours yet, and if you have how is it ??

Going to order it today after weeks of compairing phones this has come out the best for me, im just not sure what website to use, etotalk seems like a pritty good site plus has DHL delivery but my phone is coming to €179 on that site and can get it for €135 on coolicool, but they dont have any options for rooting ect. plus no dhl

Going to order it today after weeks of compairing phones this has come out the best for me, im just not sure what website to use, etotalk seems like a pritty good site plus has DHL delivery but my phone is coming to €179 on that site and can get it for €135 on coolicool, but they dont have any options for rooting ect. plus no dhl

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Elephone-P6000-4G-FDD-LTE-Moblie-phone-5-0-1280x720-Screen-MTK6732-64bit-Quad-Core/32241483589.html

157 inc dhl, will come rooted with play store.

Will see if I can find it cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Got it from Etotalk in less than 5 days and no customs as the marked it 20 dollars and put it in a unlabeled box, just need to get my sim cut today to use it, feels real nice in your hand and looks smaller than 5 inches, dying to have a proper test.

I would be inclined to hold off and see how Mick gets on with his first, having a read here ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/elephone-p6000-mtk6732-64-bit-4g-5-2g-t2957425/page7 ) would make me think twice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This site ships a fair few Chinese phones from France if anyone is interested in faster delivery and avoiding customs.

I really like the look of this machine here too:
    http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_218803.html

It's 149.99 with coupon code ULE26. 64bit quad-code, 'lollipop ready', 720p display and 5.5" screen. Not convinced the battery would last all that long though. Nice dark blue colour and the protective cover actually looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

This site ships a fair few Chinese phones from France if anyone is interested in faster delivery and avoiding customs.

I really like the look of this machine here too:
    http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_218803.html

It's 149.99 with coupon code ULE26. 64bit quad-code, 'lollipop ready', 720p display and 5.5" screen. Not convinced the battery would last all that long though. Nice dark blue colour and the protective cover actually looks decent.

tabouf looks very like coolicool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

theShire wrote: »
    tabouf looks very like coolicool

Anyone ever used tabout.com, can't find any English translation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

defo a front for coolicool.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

whois has both sites registered to a Haichuan Lu

I guess it's the equivalent of ordering from there then:
    http://www.coolicool.com/local-sale-c674.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

corryvens wrote: »
    I found ULEFONE BE Pro is much cheaper on TinyDeal, do you think this shop is trustworthy , and they have their own coupon blog, THL 5000 goes for $219.99 with coupon thl5219
    4.81 out of 10 in the reviews. I have no idea if they are any good or not

• Advertisement

corryvens wrote: »
    I found ULEFONE BE Pro is much cheaper on TinyDeal, do you think this shop is trustworthy , and they have their own coupon blog, THL 5000 goes for $219.99 with coupon thl5219

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93921896&postcount=20

Is there a pattern emerging from your posts ??:rolleyes:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93921896&postcount=20

Is there a pattern emerging from your posts ??:rolleyes:

I thought it was a bit suspicious seeing as the phone is way more expensive on tinydeal. *grabs pitchfork*

spix wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit suspicious seeing as the phone is way more expensive on tinydeal. *grabs pitchfork*

Says Mr Aliexpress :D

Anyway for anyone who hates finger prints do not get a Elephone P6000 it doesnt really bother me too much, battery is acting a lil weird, wont charge past 96% on some cables but will on its own then when I got to work (20 mins from charge) it dropped to 82% and started normal drainage from there.

Says Mr Aliexpress :D

Anyway for anyone who hates finger prints do not get a Elephone P6000 it doesnt really bother me too much, battery is acting a lil weird, wont charge past 96% on some cables but will on its own then when I got to work (20 mins from charge) it dropped to 82% and started normal drainage from there.

Did you get a chance to check the GPS yet as they keep claiming that the newer chips have working GPS ?

Did you get a chance to check the GPS yet as they keep claiming that the newer chips have working GPS ?

Locked in seconds :)

Locked in seconds :)

Thanks, and does it stay 'locked' if you are driving with it ? Or if you are standing still with it does the blue dot/arrow drift all over the place in Google maps.

Thanks, and does it stay 'locked' if you are driving with it ? Or if you are standing still with it does the blue dot/arrow drift all over the place in Google maps.

I just done it from work tbh but the arrow stayed still the whole time.

I just done it from work tbh but the arrow stayed still the whole time.

Sounds good, maybe they got it right with this chip!!

Redmi 2 arrived yesterday but just turned it on few mins ago. I asked the seller to leave the original xiaomi rom on it so I could get ota updates. Turned on the phone to be flooded with Chinese crap. There's some modified Chinese rom on it, no mi market and updater doesn't work.

icvcy8.jpg

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »
    Redmi 2 arrived yesterday but just turned it on few mins ago. I asked the seller to leave the original xiaomi rom on it so I could get ota updates. Turned on the phone to be flooded with Chinese crap. There's some modified Chinese rom on it, no mi market and updater doesn't work.

icvcy8.jpg

What sort of recovery is it loaded with?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement