Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Cheers. Ditching a Moto G because of hardware failure (power button) and poor camera. Had Note before that.
    I think the camera would be a big step up from the Moto G

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

What's the camera like on this? Cheers.

Time to repeat myself.

If you want a good camera phone, vivo xshot is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

corwill wrote: »
    Can't remember, but the likes of nlpost is going slip past if the country of origin is printed on the label.

Yeah, at least the country of origin from Pandawil is marked as Spain. Just rang customs to see if it can be expediated, no such luck. Have to wait for the letter, send them back the invoice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

spix wrote: »
    I think its like this

3 uses 1800mhz
    Vodaphone uses 800mhz
    Meteor/eMobile use a mix of 800/1800mhz
    O2 doesn't have 4G

O2 will be moving under hutchison 3 shortly so it will probably use the same band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Time to repeat myself.

If you want a good camera phone, vivo xshot is the way to go.

Awfully expensive, though? Especially for a pack of cheapskates like us!

• Advertisement

Awfully expensive, though? Especially for a pack of cheapskates like us!

335 including dhl aint too bad imo, especially at the current exchange rate. It's definitely a premium phone, build/camera/sound are all top notch. I wouldn't bother with the 3gb version though since its 500+ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Yeah Im still debating on whether to sell my Honor 6 and get the Xshot which I feel I should have done all along.

Or else wait for the next bunch of 810 phones once the overheating is sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

335 including dhl aint too bad imo, especially at the current exchange rate. It's definitely a premium phone, build/camera/sound are all top notch. I wouldn't bother with the 3gb version though since its 500+ :eek:

What's the stock os like? Any custom ROM development going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Can't remember, but the likes of nlpost is going slip past if the country of origin is printed on the label.

EDIT - "isn't ", ffs!

Hi lads. Do any of you know if geekbuying print the country of origin on the label? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Actually, does anyone know how long it usually takes for the letter to come from customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

seannash wrote: »
    Nubia z7 mini or if you can stretch the oneplus one as you said. Both have 4g but not the 1800hz band

Thanks. The Nubia z7 mini looks too link the iPhone for my liking.

Are there any other high end Chinese phones other than these 2?

JTMan wrote: »

Plenty. Some of the main ones

Xiaomi mi4
    Meizu mx4
    Huawei Honor 6
    Vivo xshot
    IUNI u3
    Lenovo vibe x2
    Zopo zp999

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

JTMan wrote: »

Elephone P3000S has all 4G

Certainly O2 in UK works, had to wait ages to get a Chinese Dual Sim with that band for 4G

Can someone recommend one with an IR transmitter please? I know the Mi4 has one...any others? I'll probably go with the Mi4 but just checking before I pull the trigger....

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would be inclined to hold off and see how Mick gets on with his first, having a read here ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/elephone-p6000-mtk6732-64-bit-4g-5-2g-t2957425/page7 ) would make me think twice.

Bummer i hated reading that
    Says Mr Aliexpress biggrin.png

Anyway for anyone who hates finger prints do not get a Elephone P6000 it doesnt really bother me too much, battery is acting a lil weird, wont charge past 96% on some cables but will on its own then when I got to work (20 mins from charge) it dropped to 82% and started normal drainage from there.

What's your feedback on the p6000 do you think its worth it or should i spend my money on something else i have €160 on my card at the mo really want to order one by tomorrow night so its going to be a toss between aliexpress or coolicool or maybe etotalk but its more expensive on that site, but i like the feedback you gave about the delivery from them

Just found the p6000 on dealsmachine for €129.42 pre sale ships 2nd of feb http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_208267.html thats 50e cheaper that etotalk where i was just about to order from. What you guys think of that site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Just found the p6000 on dealsmachine for €129.42 pre sale ships 2nd of feb http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_208267.html thats 50e cheaper that etotalk where i was just about to order from. What you guys think of that site

I would still hold off and wait on Mick's opinion on the P6000, better to be safe than sorry, even if it might cost you a bit extra to hold on!!

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would still hold off and wait on Mick's opinion on the P6000, better to be safe than sorry, even if it might cost you a bit extra to hold on!!

Yeah thats what im going to do thanks but think i have my mind set on this now im litterly fed up compairing phones n websites at this stage

Has anyone any feedback on Cubot Phones i did own a X6 really liked it, i bought it of ebay though for €180 (never knew about this thread or even that it was a chinese phone haha) now im sucked in and want to get the best value phone for my money, i was initially looking the Cubot X9 (before i found this thread) whats peoples views on this phone if you have any

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

Try trustpilotcom to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Annoying indeed. Nothing but notification spam and on screen pop ups left right and center. How could anyone use a phone in this state.

I've already installed a multi language rom based on the latest beta, should have gone with the stable though as this one's pretty buggy. Is it possible to just reflash the stable release through recovery?

Is/Have you the phone rooted? If so, download Rom Toolbox from Play store. It will uninstall pretty much any app on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Bummer i hated reading that

What's your feedback on the p6000 do you think its worth it or should i spend my money on something else i have €160 on my card at the mo really want to order one by tomorrow night so its going to be a toss between aliexpress or coolicool or maybe etotalk but its more expensive on that site, but i like the feedback you gave about the delivery from them

Yeh I like it, screen is not as responsive as I would have liked and you will leave a lot of finger prints but other than that its great.

Yeh I like it, screen is not as responsive as I would have liked and you will leave a lot of finger prints but other than that its great.

Nice one i think this will be my next phone so going to order it tomorrow of dealsmachine for €130 thats 50e cheaper than what you paid for it, but i do like your feedback about the shipping from etotalk and the options to root ect. but 50 euro is 50 euro that i could save for the very same phone. Has anyone had any experience dealing with dealsmachine, have they a good/bad rep, whats the shipping like and will it get through customs, cause if it dont that added charge would probably add up to what you paid for it with DHL delivery and no customs fee so i am probably better of in a way dealing with the same site you do and just pay the extra, what ya think ?

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ive currently got an Honor 6 as a personal phone and 5s as a work phone, I would really like to get a dual sim phone to use both sim cards in one.

Things that are important to me in a phone besides this is the camera and preferably 5" or smaller whilst still having a good processor so that there is no lag, the battery on my Honor 6 is great too which would be a bonus I just havent really liked the phone that much.

Any suggestions? I see the Lenovo Vibe x2 is dual sim and is an atrractive phone but apart from that doesnt seem too great. If the Vivo xShot was dual sim it would be ideal!

I dont think this phone is holding a charge properly, dropped to 88% in the space of 20 mins without wifi or any data on :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

I dont think this phone is holding a charge properly, dropped to 88% in the space of 20 mins without wifi or any data on :confused:

Have you tried CPU spy to see if its going into deep sleep,and also wakelock detector to see if there's anything running overtime on it?

wiz569 wrote: »
    Have you tried CPU spy to see if its going into deep sleep,and also wakelock detector to see if there's anything running overtime on it?

CPU spy says its deep sleep....wtf is that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Cups not wasting your battery. You might need to calibrate the battery

Cups....meant can. Damn phone

Oh ffs, cpu

• Advertisement

How do you calibrate the battery?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement