Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Some roms have it built in as an app or option,also if you are rooted and can boot into recovery you can wipe battery stats,sometimes helps,

failing that just use an app from the play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BoshBashStudios.advancedbatterycalibrator&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

wiz569 wrote: »
    Some roms have it built in as an app or option,also if you are rooted and can boot into recovery you can wipe battery stats,sometimes helps,

failing that just use an app from the play store
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BoshBashStudios.advancedbatterycalibrator&hl=en

Thannks Wiz ill check it out later, its after the charge it drops fast but starts draining as normal then.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

CPU spy says its deep sleep....wtf is that

Going to order mine today, just one thing, u say that it leaves finger prints, do you have a screen protector on the phone, which one did u pick on etotalk orginal or universal, aand how is the battery holding out now

Going to order mine today, just one thing, u say that it leaves finger prints, do you have a screen protector on the phone, which one did u pick on etotalk orginal or universal, aand how is the battery holding out now

Took the protector off I hate them things, what do you mean by universal? batter has only dropped 1% since 9 but thats without using it, might hold off from checking facebook, mails etc just to see the discharge.

Took the protector off I hate them things, what do you mean by universal? batter has only dropped 1% since 9 but thats without using it, might hold off from checking facebook, mails etc just to see the discharge.

On etotalk it gives you an option to pick what screen protector you want universal is only 99c but the original one is 4.99, so i had taught that maybe u had the universal one and thats what was causing the finger prints. Still have my heart set on this phone now for roughly 160e its a bargin really

• Advertisement

Thannks Wiz ill check it out later, its after the charge it drops fast but starts draining as normal then.

That's sounds like its either not charging fully or the battery stats are borked lol

Battery calibration should fix that, hopefully

On etotalk it gives you an option to pick what screen protector you want universal is only 99c but the original one is 4.99, so i had taught that maybe u had the universal one and thats what was causing the finger prints. Still have my heart set on this phone now for roughly 160e its a bargin really

I didnt pick one there was one on it but I took it off.
    wiz569 wrote: »
    That's sounds like its either not charging fully or the battery stats are borked lol

Battery calibration should fix that, hopefully

Seems to have worked didnt drop past 99% for 2 hours, got a few texts and facebook etc and Im down to 92% since 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coolbeanz93

Hey lads, I ordered a Jiayu G4s on Monday from the efox-shop German warehouse. It's being shipped via German DHL but has been at the "The shipment has been processed in the destination parcel center" step using the tracker for the last two days. Is that normal? Maybe I'm being a bit impatient but I'm starting to think I might have made a slight mistake in the address because I was doing it through German translation. The only mistake is that I have Ireland written in twice, but my full address is there? If anyone has any experience could they tell me if this is unusual or is there anything I can do to make sure it arrives. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Hey lads, I ordered a Jiayu G4s on Monday from the efox-shop German warehouse. It's being shipped via German DHL but has been at the "The shipment has been processed in the destination parcel center" step using the tracker for the last two days. Is that normal? Maybe I'm being a bit impatient but I'm starting to think I might have made a slight mistake in the address because I was doing it through German translation. The only mistake is that I have Ireland written in twice, but my full address is there? If anyone has any experience could they tell me if this is unusual or is there anything I can do to make sure it arrives. Cheers

If you have a tracking number contact DHL and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ive currently got an Honor 6 as a personal phone and 5s as a work phone, I would really like to get a dual sim phone to use both sim cards in one.

Things that are important to me in a phone besides this is the camera and preferably 5" or smaller whilst still having a good processor so that there is no lag, the battery on my Honor 6 is great too which would be a bonus I just havent really liked the phone that much.

Any suggestions? I see the Lenovo Vibe x2 is dual sim and is an atrractive phone but apart from that doesnt seem too great. If the Vivo xShot was dual sim it would be ideal!

Anyone? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 coolbeanz93

eamonnq wrote: »
    If you have a tracking number contact DHL and ask them.

See the thing is the I checked the Irish DHL and the tracking number doesn't exist there, so I did some digging and found some people have had the same problem and found out that when it arrives in Ireland it gets sent by an post. So I entered the tracking no. into an post and it says "item received" in "PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS" from Germany. Does that mean that an post received it and will send it to me or they have sent it to the wrong location? Is there some an post facility in Portlaoise? cheers anyway.

See the thing is the I checked the Irish DHL and the tracking number doesn't exist there, so I did some digging and found some people have had the same problem and found out that when it arrives in Ireland it gets sent by an post. So I entered the tracking no. into an post and it says "item received" in "PORTLAOISE OVR CO LAOIS" from Germany. Does that mean that an post received it and will send it to me or they have sent it to the wrong location? Is there some an post facility in Portlaoise? cheers anyway.

Yep, there are 4 'main sorting offices' one of which is Portlaoise, should move fairly quickly though once it gets that far, unless there are customs issues but if it shipped from Germany there should not be.

You could try ringing/emailing anpost about it too.

Was having a look at Pandawill's 5% insurance offer ( they pay any customs fees if you are charged ) but it would appear the insurance charge is actually 20% for Ireland, so you may as well take your chances!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Was having a look at Pandawill's 5% insurance offer ( they pay any customs fees if you are charged ) but it would appear the insurance charge is actually 20% for Ireland, so you may as well take your chances!!

Hmm, they didn't pick that figure out of thin air, what does that say about Customs' strike rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

MiUi is such a ram hog. Will a 4.4 rom help with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MiUi is such a ram hog. Will a 4.4 rom help with this?

A Non-MiUi ROM on your Xiaomi? Yes, I'm running AOSP on my Mi3, never have slowdowns due to ram. Dunno what device you're on, but most have an AOSP or Cyanogenmod available

Right i have finally made up my mind, im going with the Elephone P6000 and ordering it on dealsmachine. New customers get a 10% discount so im getting the phone for €116.48 plus Expedited Shipping for €19.41 Delivery Estimates: 3 - 7 business days. With the discount its a total of €139.03 thats with Shipping Insurance aswell for €3.14 the only catch to it is its a pre-sale, it ends 10th Feb so should ship then, i dont mind waiting, and its 40 euro cheaper that what
    Iseedeadpixels
    paid for it on etotalk, what you guys think of that offer should i go for it or just pay the extra and get it on etotalk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Remember to add customs on top of what you paid. Always adjust for customs.

Arghhh its still draining about 10% after the charger is unplugged.

Did you try wakelock detector to see whats draining it?

• Advertisement

Noway, i was just about to click to pay and i said ill check back here one more time and see if i can get an update ? Whats your opinion on it now, do you think its still worth it, i can get it for €151, thats a great price to turn down

Right i have finally made up my mind, im going with the Elephone P6000 and ordering it on dealsmachine. New customers get a 10% discount so im getting the phone for €116.48 plus Expedited Shipping for €19.41 Delivery Estimates: 3 - 7 business days. With the discount its a total of €139.03 thats with Shipping Insurance aswell for €3.14 the only catch to it is its a pre-sale, it ends 10th Feb so should ship then, i dont mind waiting, and its 40 euro cheaper that what paid for it on etotalk, what you guys think of that offer should i go for it or just pay the extra and get it on etotalk

I think you should consider the issues Mick is having with his battery before buying anything unless you are so set on this phone that a dodgy battery won't matter to you.

I think you should consider the issues Mick is having with his battery before buying anything unless you are so set on this phone that a dodgy battery won't matter to you.

I was set on this phone, for the price the specs are top notch, but not liking that review about the battery, i spent weeks compairing phones under the 200 euro mark and this came up the best for me and i can get it for €151 on dealsmachine, do you recomend any other phones, im getting it today fed up compairing site's aswell haha !

Thanks

Jay

Googled it, apparently its a problem a lot of have had since 2011, as I charge mine at night it stops at full charge but doesnt use the charger to stay at 100% so when you unplug it depletes to the correct level, I charge it back to 100% in work anyway so theres no real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

hi guys,what is the deal with pre order phones,do you have to buy it now (31st jan) release date is supposed to be 26th feb and can take 4 weeks to get here snail mail. the reason i ask being you have 45 days max using paypal and timewise it may still be in the post,any info appreciated.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just found the p6000 on dealsmachine for €129.42 pre sale ships 2nd of feb http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_208267.html thats 50e cheaper that etotalk where i was just about to order from. What you guys think of that site

Ordered one phone from them. Three weeks delivery, no customs, phone exactly as expected and matched the lowest price for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Ordered one phone from them. Three weeks delivery, no customs, phone exactly as expected and matched the lowest price for it.

What are these phones like? Surely the price is too good to be true as the features are very good in my eyes Anyway.anyone own one?

A Non-MiUi ROM on your Xiaomi? Yes, I'm running AOSP on my Mi3, never have slowdowns due to ram. Dunno what device you're on, but most have an AOSP or Cyanogenmod available

Installed cyanogenmod 11 on my Redmi 1s today. Improved the phone immensely, only problem is I can't get the camera or torch working and there is no solution online!

I might reinstall MiUi and then try out a different tutorial for cyanogen

Installed cyanogenmod 11 on my Redmi 1s today. Improved the phone immensely, only problem is I can't get the camera or torch working and there is no solution online!

I might reinstall MiUi and then try out a different tutorial for cyanogen

I seen my young fella using Cyangenmod on his Redmi 1S, not suir which version I seen on it dough!! :D

• Advertisement

I seen my young fella using Cyangenmod on his Redmi 1S, not suir which version I seen on it dough!! :D

Installing it again now. Also noticed that the newest MiUi is a massive improvement on the one before it. Better ram usage but I'll still change to cyanogen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement