Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Just looking for a recommendation of the best Chinese phones out at the min. Thinking of getting one and don't know the brands or models to look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

kevin306 wrote: »
    Just looking for a recommendation of the best Chinese phones out at the min. Thinking of getting one and don't know the brands or models to look out for.

We're going to need a budget to help, but Xiaomi, OnePlus, OPPO, THL, Elephone (won't work on three AFAIK), ZTE, Huawei, Cubot, and Doogee are probably okay to start? The OP has more, and someone else may help out

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

I just ordered the Elephone P6000 on dealsmachine for €151 if ya want to check that out it has excellent specs on a 5" phone for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Got an OTA update to fix bugs, wonder what it fixed.

Is that 5.0 lollipop or the etotalk rom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Anyone have the Elephone P3000s yet? Any comments/reviews?
    Also, is there any EU stockist as I don't particularly want to have it shipped from China if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Is that 5.0 lollipop or the etotalk rom ?

Elephone themselves, not sure wtf Etotalk done to it tbh becuase I haven't seen anything to say its a Etotalk rom.

I just ordered the Elephone P6000 on dealsmachine for €151 if ya want to check that out it has excellent specs on a 5" phone for the money

Remarkable spec for that price. In peoples experience do these phones last or would you find yourself having to buy a new one every 6-12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Remarkable spec for that price. In peoples experience do these phones last or would you find yourself having to buy a new one every 6-12 months.

You won't find yourself having to buy a new one every 6-12 months, but you might find yourself WANTING to buy a new one every now and again!!

eamonnq wrote: »
    You won't find yourself having to buy a new one every 6-12 months, but you might find yourself WANTING to buy a new one every now and again!!

Ha once I get one I'd imagine the exact same will apply to me. Probably better off going for something on the cheaper end to start off, so would the Elephone P6000 be about the best spec on a phone for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any sign of all those great looking Xiaomis that were previewed a while ago, looked like ultra thin metal cased models?

Any other good options in the last month or so? People are asking me about Chinese phones but Im just telling them to buy a Oneplus One.

• Advertisement

Anyone else contacted by Tinydeal on here?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone else contacted by Tinydeal on here?:D
    Ha, I thought it was just me, I have a free smartwatch phone and a Xiaomi Note on the way to begin my career as a gadgets reviewer for various Chinese sites. What are they contacting a peasant like you for? Im the one who started the world famous Chinese Android Phones thread on Boards.ie :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

hi,new here,i am going to buy a new phone,just cant decide between oneplus one or a Gionee elifi e7,any advice would be great ,hope i am in the correct section.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Lol, You won't even have to review them. They usually write the review and you just post it. Good stufff lol

thefinalstage,was that post for me.if so dont know what todo with it

Thargor wrote: »
    Ha, I thought it was just me, I have a free smartwatch phone and a Xiaomi Note on the way to begin my career as a gadgets reviewer for various Chinese sites. What are they contacting a peasant like you for? Im the one who started the world famous Chinese Android Phones thread on Boards.ie :D

Ah you jammy git they closed his account before I could reply :(

If any Chinese sellers see this pleaseeeeee contact me again :D

Was actually on the verge of buying a phone from their site, but now I see it is not in stock. Could have done a review and everything, ah well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Anyone know where I can get glass for the neo 003 screen?

Have tried a few places but they're requesting the exact dimensions and thickness etc so even these might suffice

Anyone any ideas?

hi,new here,i am going to buy a new phone,just cant decide between oneplus one or a Gionee elifi e7,any advice would be great,i know wheare i am going to buy from,just want to hear any views on either phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

will you stop spamming that crap? look on google for reviews.

seamusmct wrote: »
    hi,new here,i am going to buy a new phone,just cant decide between oneplus one or a Gionee elifi e7,any advice would be great,i know wheare i am going to buy from,just want to hear any views on either phone.

Oneplus One anyday

seamusmct wrote: »
    i know wheare i am going to buy from,

Do tell where you are going to buy from ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hi folks,

Just curious.
    Is this Jiayu's official store?

http://www.jiayu-store.com/

Seems like they have the S3 for $190 / €166.

What's the catch? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I'd imagine so?, I used CC and just sent them the email receipt I'd received from
    Gearbest.

The rev then sent me this on Jan 19:

Total Value of Goods - €79.11

Customs Duty - € 0.00
    VAT @ 23% - € 18.19
    An Post Fee - € 7.00
    Total for Collection - € 25.19

Expected Delivery Date -Wednesday 21st January 2015

Regards
    C xxxxxxxx
    Customs Officer, Dublin Mail Centre

Still no letter, I'm wondering is there anyone or anywhere to contact to find out what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

eamonnq wrote: »

Thanks for the reply but thats with the digitiser. I just need the glass which should only be a few dollars

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Thanks for the reply but thats with the digitiser. I just need the glass which should only be a few dollars

Digitizer is what picks up the touch signature. Unless you're extremely skilled you'll want the digitiser

OGS ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Glass_Solution

i was not expecting such a hostile response on my first day here, anyway the main reason for asking is that gionee have haved the price of the elife e7.and that first hand experience with a phone is by far better than reading a review on google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

spix wrote: »
    Zenfone 5 and Umi Zero are a big step up from the iphone 4s size wise, even compared to most 5" phones they are a good bit bigger due to bezels.

Honor 3c 4g, Redmi 2, Xiaomi mi4, Iuni u2 are some other options. Can't go wrong with the Honor 6 either. Blu vivo air is optimized for American market so will be missing the 900mhz 3G band which might cause some issues.

Thanks for that - she chickened out and went with a 5 inch Moto G instead :( Managed to pick one up in Argos for her the other day which was good going as there nearly always out if stock. I was really looking forward to having a play around with a Xiaomi or Umi Zero - would be interested to see how they'd compare to my OPO. There's nearly too much choice out there - makes me almost wistful for my iPhone days - only choice then was how much you wanted to get fleeced by for more storage!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement