Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

seamusmct wrote: »
    i was not expecting such a hostile response on my first day here, anyway the main reason for asking is that gionee have haved the price of the elife e7.and that first hand experience with a phone is by far better than reading a review on google.

Rossie isn't too happy today it seems :P I think most people would point you the way of the OPO because of Cyanogenmod and the support available for it.

I'd say OPO for those reasons too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you've not got a hostile response. just learn how a forum works. you don't get your answer the minute you post about it, others are talking too. multiple posts don't help you get your results. the opo on name alone is a much better option, good community support if anything goes belly up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

i was not expecting such a hostile response on my first day here, anyway the main reason for asking is that gionee have haved the price of the elife e7.and that first hand experience with a phone is by far better than reading a review on google.

Same post, 3 times in 3 hours? Ah here...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

As you can guess from the title I'm on the lookout for a New phone and don't want to spend too much as me and phones dont make good companions seem to get them wet a lot HTC1 before the IPhone so was wondering if this would be a good buy (discountion.com/2015/01/buy-elephone-p3000s-just-171-99-4g-lte-fingerprint-sensor-3150mah-battery/)
    or if anyone could suggest a reasonable replacement I would be very grateful also has anyone had any dealings with discount nation?
    Long time follower of the forum but my first post as my knowledge on this subject is very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

I ordered the P6000 on 2nd Feb from dealsmachine with DHL delivery and insurance for €151 i got a 10% discount and also got $50 10x $5 coupons and Dealmachine points, it was on pre order till the 10th but it shipped yesterday "Wednesday, February 04, 2015 at 16:40 Origin Service Area: SHENZHEN - SHENZHEN - CHINA, PEOPLES REPUBLIC Destination Service Area: DUBLIN - WEXFORD - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF" do with DHL it says 3 - 7 days so im hopin ill have my phone by Monday (happy days), Iseedeadpixels has givin it a decent review aswell, so for the money vs specs this has to be the best Chinese Phone out the mo, by the way DHL was only €20 so technical that phone only cost me €131, i used to own a Cubot X6 before i even seen this thread and i didn't even know it was a chinese phone cause i bought it of ebay new from the UK, so for anyone worried about how good some of these phones are i never had any bother with that till the screen got self inflictedly smashed (the women ha!) plus i never owed a Samsung or Iphone before that either so thats helps too, Thumbs up all the way to China i say ! haha

P.S If anyone wants a coupon just let me know here or PM me

Thanks

Jay

• Advertisement

Gerry069 wrote: »
    As you can guess from the title I'm on the lookout for a New phone and don't want to spend too much as me and phones dont make good companions seem to get them wet a lot HTC1 before the IPhone so was wondering if this would be a good buy (discountion.com/2015/01/buy-elephone-p3000s-just-171-99-4g-lte-fingerprint-sensor-3150mah-battery/)
    or if anyone could suggest a reasonable replacement I would be very grateful also has anyone had any dealings with discount nation?
    Long time follower of the forum but my first post as my knowledge on this subject is very limited.

When you google a websites url and nothing related comes up it's probably not a good sign. Personally never heard of this site before, it might be worthwhile using etotalk.com for and added 15Eur or so, and the sense of security you'll have from there

When you google a websites url and nothing related comes up it's probably not a good sign. Personally never heard of this site before, it might be worthwhile using etotalk.com for and added 15Eur or so, and the sense of security you'll have from there

Thanks a million for getting back to me, no problem following your advice and using etotalk, what do you think of the actual phone as I will be ordering something late tomorrow evening also are there and European suppliers used by the people on here?

Thanks a million for getting back to me, no problem following your advice and using etotalk, what do you think of the actual phone as I will be ordering something late tomorrow evening also are there any European suppliers used by the people on here?

Thanks a million for getting back to me, no problem following your advice and using etotalk, what do you think of the actual phone as I will be ordering something late tomorrow evening also are there any European suppliers used by the people on here?

Xiaomishop.com and merimobiles are the only 2 I can think of. Merimobiles have a small selection of stuff, and Xiaomishop only have Xiaomis obviously...

The phone itself looks good, I wouldn't have any issue with it myself except I don't like the look of the camera :P Obviously that's subjective so yeah, I'd say fire ahead if you're interested

Maybe I should go with something like this
    etotalk.com/land-rover-a8_p6117.html

• Advertisement

Maybe I should go with something like this
    etotalk.com/land-rover-a8_p6117.html

Oh god no :eek: Land Rover is a name stuff onto 'tough' chinese phones, not an actual brand! Crap CPU, crap screen, crap ram and only 4gb rom. And it'll probably only half work and die after a few months. I have experience with unbranded phones, and none were good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

i am using a thl 5000 this past 5 months,the phone is good big screen and 16gb storage,i get regular updates and the battery lasts 3 to 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    Do tell where you are going to buy from ??

Am I ever going to get an answer on here???!!! You guys are so hostile!!!

He managed to narrow it down to two phones, and has decided where he was buying from, seemed to me he did not need any help, and if he did it would be down to what he prized most on the potential candidates.

If anyone comes across a THL T200 (or T200C) at a decent price on any site let me know!! Have been trawling around a bit but allowing for customs and delivery charges ( the weak Euro is not helping ) they seem to be a lot pricier than the last time I bought them.

i am just giving my experience of a thl 500 to the guy with the IPhone5 in toilet.i still think the Gionee ELIFE E7 at 160 euro is a good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Thanks a million for getting back to me, no problem following your advice and using etotalk, what do you think of the actual phone as I will be ordering something late tomorrow evening also are there and European suppliers used by the people on here?

Try minideal or aliexpress instead. I'd never buy from etotalk as they give a very bad impression by trying to charge you for everything and they're usually more expensive than other places.

I read the comments on one of their phones before and someone asked 'if i get etotalk mod rom, does it have playstore and is it rooted'. Etotalk replied that their mod rom includes both 'unlocked+rooted and play store'. Yet if you add the etotalk mod rom, you can still select these other 2 things effectively wasting $6. I doubt they will ever refund anyone who does this.

Look at their video titled xiaomi redmi 2 etotalk mod rom vs original rom' http://www.etotalk.com/xiaomi-redmi-2-4g-lte_p7477.html
    I noticed when watching it that the etotalk mod rom screen looked better, then they showed the brightness levels trying to imply their rom improves the screen. Looked back on it and at the start when screen is off, you can tell they have a light shining directly on the other phone to make the screen look dimmer. Their mod rom is nothing different than any other chinese reseller install for free. Dodgy shop imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

What's the best sub €100 Chinese phone right now.

Am considering the THL 4000 or THL Pro 6, both of which are available on Amazon UK for under €100..I'd prefer to buy from within the EU, and if possible from Amazon.

The Pro 6 looks nice but my only concern there is the battery life? Anyone have any other suggestions for Chinese phones in the price bracket? Would these phones be better than a similarly prices Moto E?

Thanks!

i am just giving my experience of a thl 500 to the guy with the IPhone5 in toilet.i still think the Gionee ELIFE E7 at 160 euro is a good choice

but where oh where are you going to buy it from ?? The suspsense is killing me..............

what are you talking about.

What's the best sub €100 Chinese phone right now.

Am considering the THL 4000 or THL Pro 6, both of which are available on Amazon UK for under €100..I'd prefer to buy from within the EU, and if possible from Amazon.

The Pro 6 looks nice but my only concern there is the battery life? Anyone have any other suggestions for Chinese phones in the price bracket? Would these phones be better than a similarly prices Moto E?

Thanks!

I would be inclined to take a look at the MLAIS M9, might be a little above the budget allowing for VAT but Octacore and I like the Mlais brand phones.

but would be from China as well.

http://www.mlais.com/html/201411/content_161.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eamonnq wrote: »
    but where oh where are you going to buy it from ?? The suspsense is killing me..............

Jaysus leave him alone.

• Advertisement

once a bully always a bully

hi,new here,i am going to buy a new phone,just cant decide between oneplus one or a Gionee elifi e7,any advice would be great,i know wheare i am going to buy from,just want to hear any views on either phone.
    what are you talking about.

??? :confused:

once a bully always a bully

I asked a question and did not get any reply, so it would seem I should be entitled to ask again and again. Apologies if you see this as 'bullying' but I think you may be doing people who genuinely suffer from bullying a disservice.

Don't tell us all where you are going to buy it then, we might only advise you not to buy from there anyway.

if you are serious i am buying from ebay.ie oneplus one 64gb 399 euro shipping from ireland.

if you are serious i am buying from ebay.ie oneplus one 64gb 399 euro shipping from ireland.

Can you post a link to the item ?

i cannot post the link,but if you go to ebay and search oneplus one 64gb, it is for sale for 399.username is my_shop_bay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

There's one on Ebay for £110 in the UK

i would stay clear of it £110 is way to cheep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

i would stay clear of it £110 is way to cheep

Have you got one to be able to comment then?

• Advertisement

abarkie wrote: »
    Have you got one to be able to comment then?

If its being advertised as new then he's right

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement