Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Item Number

Judge for yourselves

I have one and didnt pay much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

no dont have one yet,probably will buy the one for 399 from ebay,the price seems to be about wright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

seamusmct wrote: »
    no dont have one yet,probably will buy the one for 399 from ebay,the price seems to be about wright.

Had a quick look there, is he a business seller ? 3 feedback from the last 12 months ??

I am assuming he offers warranty etc.

Best of luck with it if you do decide to go ahead with it.

abarkie wrote: »
    Item Number

Judge for yourselves

I think there are a few crossed wires here tonight. The phone abarkie linked to is a P3000S Elephone whereas the discussion regarding the ebay.ie one is for a One Plus One 64gb.

seller info my_shop_bay (194) feedback is 100% and he has sold oneplus one before.
    eBay item number: 261747460085. it seem a good price,and no customs charges

• Advertisement

yes yes yes,crossed wires

seller info my_shop_bay (194) feedback is 100% and he has sold oneplus one before.
    eBay item number: 261747460085. it seem a good price,and no customs charges

Yes, but only 2 of that feedback is in the last 12 months ? Not a very prolific business but once you are happy that is all that matters.

Best of luck with it.

http://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/oneplus-one-64gb-sandstone-black-flip-cover/7348770

One on adverts there for 340, used but 'like new condition'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Not a hope you're getting a Elephone 3000s for £110 def dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

Oh god no :eek: Land Rover is a name stuff onto 'tough' chinese phones, not an actual brand! Crap CPU, crap screen, crap ram and only 4gb rom. And it'll probably only half work and die after a few months. I have experience with unbranded phones, and none were good.

That was said tongue in cheek but thanks for the warning

i am just giving my experience of a thl 500 to the guy with the IPhone5 in toilet.i still think the Gionee ELIFE E7 at 160 euro is a good choice

Will have a look thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Gerry069 wrote: »
    That was said tongue in cheek but thanks for the warning

I thought so but you never know with people :D I feel silly now...

spix wrote: »
    Try minideal or aliexpress instead. I'd never buy from etotalk as they give a very bad impression by trying to charge you for everything and they're usually more expensive than other places.

I read the comments on one of their phones before and someone asked 'if i get etotalk mod rom, does it have playstore and is it rooted'. Etotalk replied that their mod rom includes both 'unlocked+rooted and play store'. Yet if you add the etotalk mod rom, you can still select these other 2 things effectively wasting $6. I doubt they will ever refund anyone who does this.

Look at their video titled xiaomi redmi 2 etotalk mod rom vs original rom' etotalk.com/xiaomi-redmi-2-4g-lte_p7477.html[/url]
    I noticed when watching it that the etotalk mod rom screen looked better, then they showed the brightness levels trying to imply their rom improves the screen. Looked back on it and at the start when screen is off, you can tell they have a light shining directly on the other phone to make the screen look dimmer. Their mod rom is nothing different than any other chinese reseller install for free. Dodgy shop imo.

Had a look and I see you point there was definitely more light on it thanks for pointing it out

Jaysus leave him alone.

Yeah he's a big bully .

eamonnq wrote: »
    but where oh where are you going to buy it from ?? The suspsense is killing me..............
    OK bully :)
    Joking aside at work at the moment so will have a good luck tomorrow and decide then and let everyone know.

Item Number

Judge for yourselves

Only a starting bid , thanks

OK bully :)
    Joking aside at work at the moment so will have a good luck tomorrow and decide then and let everyone know.

The question was not actually intended for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

when did this become a playground? I leave for one evening and chaos. some of the posters seem about 12 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Anyone notice the ZTE Blade 3 in Ali express for 250 dollars? Ships from the UK as well.

RossieMan wrote: »
    when did this become a playground? I leave for one evening and chaos. some of the posters seem about 12 years old.

I beg your pardon, I am 13 !!!:mad:

Not a hope you're getting a Elephone 3000s for £110 def dodgy.

Not a million miles off the price from Geekbuying:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Elephone-P3000S-5Inch-HD-Screen-MTK6592-6290-Octa-Core-1-7GHz-Smartphone-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-FDD-LTE-4G-13-0MP-Android4-4-333172.html

About 120gbp ??

but obviously the customs men might add a bit to that !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Not a million miles off the price from Geekbuying:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Elephone-P3000S-5Inch-HD-Screen-MTK6592-6290-Octa-Core-1-7GHz-Smartphone-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-FDD-LTE-4G-13-0MP-Android4-4-333172.html

About 120gbp ??

but obviously the customs men might add a bit to that !!

Jesus the price has come down something else, though the Euro is still terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gizchina have a handy list for those looking to keep to a budget:
    http://www.gizchina.com/2015/02/02/2015-top-6-sub-150-android-smartphones-can-buy-month/

fixxxer wrote: »
    Gizchina have a handy list for those looking to keep to a budget:
    http://www.gizchina.com/2015/02/02/2015-top-6-sub-150-android-smartphones-can-buy-month/

and read the comments below the article for a few more suggestions.

MLAIS M9 is not mentioned ( :mad: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Just ordered it. Heard so many good reviews about it. Pity the memory isn't expandable, apart from that, it's has a fantastic spec for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

Oops, the title should read " Meizu M1 Note "

Only a starting bid , thanks

Went for£123.80 + £3.20 Delivery

Someone got a bargain

Went for£123.80 + £3.20 Delivery

Someone got a bargain

.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_111865.html?utm_source=shareasale&utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale
    144 euro new, and delivery to Ireland was over a tenner and not £3.20

.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_111865.html?utm_source=shareasale&utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale
    144 euro new, and delivery to Ireland was over a tenner and not £3.20

Is that a shareasale affiliate link I see before me ??

Oops What have I done now??????

• Advertisement

Either way, its not comparable as no import duty etc as UK based, so only a few days, rather than the potential 3 or 4 weeks from Far East

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement