Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

So, are we finding aliexpress to be the best balance between price and reliability?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

the amount of gearbest sellers, resellers, people they've got to, on here is ridiculous. gearbest should be banned from boards for constant shilling.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

RossieMan wrote: »
    the amount of gearbest sellers, resellers, people they've got to, on here is ridiculous. gearbest should be banned from boards for constant shilling.
    Quite you, some of us have free gadgets on the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Where do I sign up ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thargor wrote: »

Jammy fecker I will never forgive boards for banning that account :mad:

• Advertisement

there's no way gearbest will send anything out, they'll use you to get customers then ditch you for the next person who they get to bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thargor wrote: »

What am I missing here?
    How can I get free?
    On a less serious note, I've found gewrbest to be reasonably good.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

phunks wrote: »

Cause its out of stock. Bait n switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Big Nelly and Heraldoffreeent are also Gearbest "recruits"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Am having a problem with gearbest.
    I ordered a phone in December and it was shipped on the 27th December . But now its still in Netherlands and saying on the tracking website that Netherlands is the country of destination.!
    Have emailed them a few times but Im getting the usual reply "to wait a few more days my friend".
    Anyone had a problem like this with them ?

there's no way gearbest will send anything out, they'll use you to get customers then ditch you for the next person who they get to bite.

It was tinydeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Biorra

Inbox wrote: »
    How do i take a screenshot on a THL W200 lads? I've tried holding the power button and pressing the volume down but that won't work on this phone.

If you press the volume button down and press the on/off button at the same time, you can take a screen shot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Biorra wrote: »
    If you press the volume button down and press the on/off button at the same time, you can take a screen shot

Hopefully it hasn't taken him another 2 months to figure it out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Got my Elephone P6000 today (i should of got it yesterday - i logged onto DHL at 16:07 and when i checked it said delivery missed at 16:04 so i ran out to see if he he was still there but didn't see him so i rang and they got in touch with the driver but he had just went over the bridge in Wexford and wouldn't come back ragin haha (just taught i throw that in there )

Anyways so far i am very happy with the phone, i can see what you mean about the fingerprints but not to put off by that, i recieved an update today aswell so all seems to be working there, still waiting on the 5.0 lollipop update, im just letting the battery drain out there now then ill put it on charge, but i have to say for €131 plus €20 DHL what a bargin, camera is great for 13MP the speaker is very loud if you turn on boost, call quality is great, very snappy aswell with the 2GB of Ram and Quadcore 64bit processor, what more do you want in a phone really, feels nice in your hand aswell its probally a little fat compaired to my old Cubot X6 but i dont mind that either, i also like the notification light, GPS works fine too, so i would defo recomend this phone to anyone looking for something in that price range

Hope that helps anyone who might be interested in this phone ill post back again once i get a bit more used to it

Jay

O i bought it from dealsmachine everything went as planned no problems at all and no customs charge( they priced it lower haha)

Got my Elephone P6000 today (i should of got it yesterday - i logged onto DHL at 16:07 and when i checked it said delivery missed at 16:04 so i ran out to see if he he was still there but didn't see him so i rang and they got in touch with the driver but he had just went over the bridge in Wexford and wouldn't come back ragin haha (just taught i throw that in there )

Anyways so far i am very happy with the phone, i can see what you mean about the fingerprints but not to put off by that, i recieved an update today aswell so all seems to be working there, still waiting on the 5.0 lollipop update, im just letting the battery drain out there now then ill put it on charge, but i have to say for €131 plus €20 DHL what a bargin, camera is great for 13MP the speaker is very loud if you turn on boost, call quality is great, very snappy aswell with the 2GB of Ram and Quadcore 64bit processor, what more do you want in a phone really, feels nice in your hand aswell its probally a little fat compaired to my old Cubot X6 but i dont mind that either, i also like the notification light, GPS works fine too, so i would defo recomend this phone to anyone looking for something in that price range

Hope that helps anyone who might be interested in this phone ill post back again once i get a bit more used to it

Jay

O i bought it from dealsmachine everything went as planned no problems at all and no customs charge( they priced it lower haha)

Any charge issues?

Any charge issues?

I have 24% left on the battery at the mo, im going to let it drain all the way down before i charge it, what you think of it anyway im very happy with it so far i have to say, i just hope i dont get any probs now like u did with the bat but i didn't get the etotalk rom installed like u did ( was that the prob after ? )

Jay

I have 24% left on the battery at the mo, im going to let it drain all the way down before i charge it, what you think of it anyway im very happy with it so far i have to say, i just hope i dont get any probs now like u did with the bat but i didn't get the etotalk rom installed like u did ( was that the prob after ? )

Jay

I love it bar the battery draining while the charger is plugged in when it gets to 100% and also the screen, hoping Lollipop fixes the battery anyway. By the looks of it the etotalk rom is just rooting, play store etc and no chinese crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I love it bar the battery draining while the charger is plugged in when it gets to 100% and also the screen, hoping Lollipop fixes the battery anyway. By the looks of it the etotalk rom is just rooting, play store etc and no chinese crap.

Would you recommend it ? Or is the battery/screen issues enough to make you look at something else.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Would you recommend it ? Or is the battery/screen issues enough to make you look at something else.

For the price the issues are acceptable, the update last week has fixed the screen lag issue as well, so yeh go for it.

• Advertisement

For the price the issues are acceptable, the update last week has fixed the screen lag issue as well, so yeh go for it.

Thumbs up for me here too its well worth it, just a quick question how can you tell if the phone has been rooted ?. I have Play Store and there's no chinese apps installed

By the way my bat is on 13% now so im still draining it so its been roughly on for 24hrs now on a half charged battery( the way you get it new)

Thumbs up for me here too its well worth it, just a quick question how can you tell if the phone has been rooted ?. I have Play Store and there's no chinese apps installed

By the way my bat is on 13% now so im still draining it so its been roughly on for 24hrs now on a half charged battery( the way you get it new)

Theres apps on play store that can tell you but if there is superuser on the phone it more than likely is rooted.

Theres apps on play store that can tell you but if there is superuser on the phone it more than likely is rooted.

Yes SuperSU is installed

Yes SuperSU is installed

Should be rooted then.

Should be rooted then.

Nice one, thanks for all your help, im very happy with this phone (so far), all my mates want one now (haha) i was going to get the Cubot X9 just because i owned a X6 but this thread has been more than helpful to me to make up my mind, do you recomend any good apps to keep the phone running smooth.

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Jay

How long did shipping take?

theShire wrote: »
    How long did shipping take?

7 days From Shenzhen to Hong Kong,Germany,UK,Dublin then Wexford

you got seriously lucky with dhl and customs to be fair. most people will have to add 40-50 euro onto that final price.

you got seriously lucky with dhl and customs to be fair. most people will have to add 40-50 euro onto that final price.

Ya im glad i didn't have to pay the customs charge that would of put a bit of a downer on it TBH.

Anyways my battery is at 1% now and has been on for a total of 1d 6h 50m with no issues so far, ill post back as soon as i charge it to 100% and hopefully i dont get the same problem iseedeadpixels got

Jay

• Advertisement

Still on 1% 1d 19h 3m out of half a battery so far

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement