Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Still on 1% 1d 19h 3m out of half a battery so far

Haha just went dead now, ill put it on charge now and post back my results so as it hits 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Haha just went dead now, ill put it on charge now and post back my results so as it hits 100%

Good stuff. If the charge holds for you, I'll buy it ASAP..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Hey lads, anyone know where I could get the Xiaomi Redmi 2 in black for a decent price? Hongkongeek only have the white version and Xiaomi shop have an absolutely nuts €30+ postage.
    I know there's a 2Gb/16Gb upgrade supposedly on the cards for this phone.

Good stuff. If the charge holds for you, I'll buy it ASAP..

Has falling 17% in 13mins so far, thats with Wifi using 32% Standby 32% & Phone idle 31% Screen 3% Android System 2% Dialer 2% & Voice Calls 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Hey lads, anyone know where I could get the Xiaomi Redmi 2 in black for a decent price? Hongkongeek only have the white version and Xiaomi shop have an absolutely nuts €30+ postage.

What is the total price from Xiaomishop ? If they are shipping from within the EU you won't have VAT on top.

• Advertisement

Has falling 17% in 13mins so far, thats with Wifi using 32% Standby 32% & Phone idle 31% Screen 3% Android System 2% Dialer 2% & Voice Calls 2%

104% ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

That's a bit much. More than a percent a minute with the phone barely in use. I know the fall won't be as dramatic the further into the battery life you go bit still seems like an awful lot. Did the phone stay at 100 while it was still on charge? Thanks for this aswell, I need to buy a phone today. I'm watching this thread way too long and can't decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

There's a couple of sellers on aliexpress who guarantee no customs. It's $140 + $23 by fedex. Much cheaper than xiaomishop, same speed, no customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Hi lads looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4g, was wondering what you thought of it regards battery life, GPS, camera and responsiveness etc?

Cheers

eamonnq wrote: »
    104% ?? :D

Yes that is strange, i taught that aswell, but there were the correct figures

• Advertisement

That's a bit much. More than a percent a minute with the phone barely in use. I know the fall won't be as dramatic the further into the battery life you go bit still seems like an awful lot. Did the phone stay at 100 while it was still on charge? Thanks for this aswell, I need to buy a phone today. I'm watching this thread way too long and can't decide.

Well its on 72% now i havent really been using it either 2 or 3 calls that was about it, i charged it while the phone was turned off to 100% soon i as i seen it hit 100% i plugged it out then i powered it up and it fell 17% in 13 mins but that was at 13:20 today so since then it has falling another 11% in roughly 9 hrs, im just going to let it drain al the way now from a full charge then charge it again to 100% and see if the same prob happen's, anyway for the €150 im am more than happy with this phone so far

Jay

I wouldn't be over concerned about it, the battery indicator may not be accurate rather than it actually being a problem with the battery life. There are a few battery apps on the play store (battery doctor etc.) that might be worth trying out to see if it helps, but once you have a phone that works and gets you through the day what more could you want!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I've had that battery problem with my neo since I got it. would fall 10 % in 10 mins then was fine. not an issue for me personally. annoying, yes, but doesn't effect useability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

just a heads up on using fedex from china,i used them before,the phone came and had to pay nothing until about three weeks later i got a bill from fedex for customs etc. only safe way is ems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

My Elephone P5000 finally got shipped!

Can't wait to get it now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

seamusmct wrote: »
    just a heads up on using fedex from china,i used them before,the phone came and had to pay nothing until about three weeks later i got a bill from fedex for customs etc. only safe way is ems

The Fedex I mentioned above is different. The seller ships it to themselves in the UK first.

Ems isn't guaranteed no customs either. None of them are if its coming direct from China.

spix wrote: »
    There's a couple of sellers on aliexpress who guarantee no customs. It's $140 + $23 by fedex. Much cheaper than xiaomishop, same speed, no customs.
    If they ship from an EU warehouse then there'd be no customs alright. I've tried switching the "ship from" location but I get no matches at all then for the phone I'm looking for.

EDIT: Maybe the overall cheapest way would be to go with hongkongeek (no customs or postage) and buy a replacement back cover separately for a few Euro?

What is the total price from Xiaomishop ? If they are shipping from within the EU you won't have VAT on top.
    But their price isn't very good compared to third party sellers TBH, on top of their crazy P+P.

But their price isn't very good compared to third party sellers TBH, on top of their crazy P+P.

Xiaomishop is not an 'official Xiaomi' store, but is just another seller.

I was merely asking what the total price was from them so that it could be compared to other sellers (allowing for the likely VAT charges as well).

Had a 'quick' look, is it about 175 from Xiaomishop ?

I think you might manage to get it for 150 via Aliexpress (fedex, no customs).

Xiaomishop is not an 'official Xiaomi' store, but is just another seller.

I was merely asking what the total price was from them so that it could be compared to other sellers (allowing for the likely VAT charges as well).

Had a 'quick' look, is it about 175 from Xiaomishop ?

I think you might manage to get it for 150 via Aliexpress (fedex, no customs).
    http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/android-smartphones/8137-chinese-smartphone-xiaomi-hongmi-2-android-44.html
    €139 all in, but in white. Black replacement cover would solve that!
    I'd be hoping to flash with a stock Android though which should be out quickly as with the 1S. At 1Gb RAM it supposedly limps along with MIUI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Just out of curiosity, has anyone come across and brick & mortar shops that sell Chinese phones. I saw the laptop repair place in Merrion Centre selling some oppo phones but they were the same prices as buying online or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Got the dreaded auld gone to customs update for my elephone 6000

budgemook wrote:
    Got the dreaded auld gone to customs update for my elephone 6000

A Noway, who did you order with, probably looking at 35e customs charge or more

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just a quick question.Can anyone help me set up apns on a Chinese phone I just got for my daughter.It's on the 48 network but I've tried everything to get it working.It's doing my head in now.

Automatic configuration doesn't work and manual setup I just can't seem to get right.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just a quick question.Can anyone help me set up apns on a Chinese phone I just got for my daughter.It's on the 48 network but I've tried everything to get it working.It's doing my head in now.

Automatic configuration doesn't work and manual setup I just can't seem to get right.

Thanks.

Its automatically set to tecsos one isn't it? I'll upload a screenshot of my settings hold on.

Edit. That's them, all you need to do is change whatever the APN is to 48months.liffeytelecom.com and then wait like 10 seconds, and press the back button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

And don't forget to allow data roaming...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Bought the Doogee Voyager 2 for the missus last Sunday on Banggood. They now have a UK warehouse and it was delivered on Thursday. Good phone and total cost €82.25

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

A Noway, who did you order with, probably looking at 35e customs charge or more

Deals machine. I'll post back with what it is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its automatically set to tecsos one isn't it? I'll upload a screenshot of my settings hold on.

Edit. That's them, all you need to do is change whatever the APN is to 48months.liffeytelecom.com and then wait like 10 seconds, and press the back button

Are those pics just 1 apn??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Are those pics just 1 apn??

Yeah its the full thing. If you've two just delete one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement