Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Was talking to a support person from TMart where I ordered my Elephone P5000 and they apparently marked it as 20$ so not a chance of Customs not catching it now unfortunately.

I hope their fees aren't too much, phone cost €213 or thereabouts.

So 23% of that + €7 fee?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yeah its the full thing. If you've two just delete one

Yeah there's 2 there.But it won't allow me to delete either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Yeah there's 2 there.But it won't allow me to delete either

That's strange then, just change both, and make sure you've switched data roaming on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

they apparently marked it as 20$ so not a chance of Customs not catching it now unfortunately.
    Surely that doesn't work!?!?

Dan_Solo wrote: »

They will always mark it under value no natter what site you buy it from.

Although usually something believable and not $20 on a $250 phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Did for me.

It works but I'd say its illegal? Don't know the repercussions but it does work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

It works but I'd say its illegal? Don't know the repercussions but it does work

Sometimes

eamonnq wrote: »
    Sometimes

Works a lot more often than hoping customs doesn't pick it up when it's marked at full value

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks digital solitude..All working now with your settings copied line for line.

thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

Works a lot more often than hoping customs doesn't pick it up when it's marked at full value

Yep, but just not all the time. In case people were expecting it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

budgemook wrote: »
    Deals machine. I'll post back with what it is.

I ordered mine from there too, what they put on it was, an UNBRANDED phone and that it cost $80, maybe thats why i got away with it

Well its on 72% now i havent really been using it either 2 or 3 calls that was about it, i charged it while the phone was turned off to 100% soon i as i seen it hit 100% i plugged it out then i powered it up and it fell 17% in 13 mins but that was at 13:20 today so since then it has falling another 11% in roughly 9 hrs, im just going to let it drain al the way now from a full charge then charge it again to 100% and see if the same prob happen's, anyway for the €150 im am more than happy with this phone so far

Jay

Charged it again yesterday to 100% after a complete drain,i done it while the phone was off, i actually left my phone at home and was out for 4 hours so the phone was well charged up by time i got back, turned it on and it dropped 10% litterly in a few mins,that was around half 5 yesterday, i still have 48% left on it now i have been using it a fair bit since, so its not really a problem, but other than that i am delighted with the phone all the specs are spot on, it does leave fingerprints like iseedeadpixels was saying but an auld haw n wipe sorts that haha!

This the Elephone P6000 for anyone who has missed my posts!

Jay

Charged it again yesterday to 100% after a complete drain,i done it while the phone was off, i actually left my phone at home and was out for 4 hours so the phone was well charged up by time i got back, turned it on and it dropped 10% litterly in a few mins,that was around half 5 yesterday, i still have 48% left on it now i have been using it a fair bit since, so its not really a problem, but other than that i am delighted with the phone all the specs are spot on, it does leave fingerprints like iseedeadpixels was saying but an auld haw n wipe sorts that haha!

This the Elephone P6000 for anyone who has missed my posts!

Jay

Read up on some Elephone forums, the battery issue is to do with the kernel on 4.4.4, fingers crossed lollipop fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

How long do packages like these usually stay at customs, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Elephone P3000s available from EU warehouse for ~200euro from WWW.coolicool.com And WWW.efox-shop.com now if anyone's looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Have my P3000s for about 4 weeks now and have to say it's a nice aul phone! Battery was great up until the last few days where it's drained faster than usual but I'm a fairly heavy phone user so can be expected. The back cover is very flimsy and with no covers available I have to manage with it without a case.

It's a very quick phone, camera is very good and reception is excellent most of the time but can take a while to change from Edge to 4G in town when I come out of work, where sections of the building have little or no reception.

Call quality has worsened slightly, according to the people I call. I can hear them perfectly but they sometimes either can't hear me as it sounds really quiet or it's slightly muffled. GPS takes about 15-20 seconds to lock on but once it does it works perfectly.

It's a pity there's such a lack of updates and support for these phones. Stuck on 4.4.2 still and would like an update.

budgemook wrote: »
    How long do packages like these usually stay at customs, does anyone know?

Couple of days at most from what I've found

The tracking for my Elephone P5000 says the country of origin is Australia, it was bought from TMart so has anyone any idea why?

Surely it's not being sent from there?

Read up on some Elephone forums, the battery issue is to do with the kernel on 4.4.4, fingers crossed lollipop fixes it.

Just read up on a few there now i see a few people have the same problem, so i agree i hope the 5.0 update fixes it, not that im too bother about it anyway im getting 2 days out of it so far

• Advertisement

Just read up on a few there now i see a few people have the same problem, so i agree i hope the 5.0 update fixes it, not that im too bother about it anyway im getting 2 days out of it so far

Lollipop is supposed to be out very soon too.

Methinks I might try one of these :

http://ulefonebepro.com/

5.5in, 4G, 2GB Ram, MT6732, only 720p but I can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Received my Umi Zero last night.

All in, with a cover, it cost approx $220 from Geek Buying. No customs charges either so I guess I got lucky there. The exchange rate meant that I paid roughly €195 - the exchange rate really does knock some off the value but I'm still extremely happy with the price.

The phone was rooted with 13.2GB of free space and it had Google Play installed - I'm very happy with the minimal suite of installed apps.

Firmware was pretty up to date too. It came with 3.05 and I update to 3.06 (to be fair, this new firmware only came out in February so I wouldn't have expected the phone to have it).

I've only tinkered with the GPS so far but haven't experienced any problems.

It's too early to comment on battery life. Minor gripe is that the charger has European plug - it did come with a European->Irish plug adapter (for free) but I would have preferred a single plug.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Methinks I might try one of these :

http://ulefonebepro.com/

5.5in, 4G, 2GB Ram, MT6732, only 720p but I can live with that.

Battery may be a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone seen any deals for a Kingzone K1 Or iOcean 8X on their travels?

Battery may be a let down.

Yep, considered that, but they are making all sorts of claims about battery life, but a pinch of salt must be taken.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/6cf731ee

Apparently the camera advertised on it is not the actual camera used either, they say it is a Sony camera 13mp (but is in fact an OmniVision 8mp). Might be enough to put me off now!!

What camera is on the P3000 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Anyone ever bought from the seller Kingkok on Aliexpress? They have some nice phones.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    Anyone ever bought from the seller Kingkok on Aliexpress? They have some nice phones.

Pick the phone, then pick the seller would be my modus operandi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement