Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

From reading the only way to flash the zopo is through flashtools.

If you head over to zopomobileshop they have the correct version of SPtools there and all the drivers you need.

This is just another reason to always root and backup your phone. Its well worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

and be careful with it, the more careful you are the better your chances of rescuing it.

You currently have a schrodinger's cat phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

eamonnq wrote: »
    and be careful with it, the more careful you are the better your chances of rescuing it.

You currently have a schrodinger's cat phone.

My first thought when I read your post was stargate sg1.
    I wonder would the tolans have a solution!!

It might be worth bringing it into Alex in wizz phones.
    Unless anyone here wants a project :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'll take a look if you want, had a similar issue on a Gnex a couple of years back, I think.

Whatever you do don't throw it out... Electrical waste and all that, send it on to one of the boys that owns one for spare parts as a last resort

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Turns out I entered the tracking wrong.

Now shows my Elephone P5000 as being in Switzerland which I hope it actually is so maybe I can avoid customs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If its in Switzerland you will have to pay customs as its not in the EU I reckon. If Im ordering here from Germany for example I have to pay duties

I'd nearly but the zopo off you and gamble that I could fix it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd nearly but the zopo off you and gamble that I could fix it.

I would take a look at it for you too if you want, but like the lads said don't throw it out!!

Or if you read up on the flashtools thing (about 20 times!!) and then decide whether you would be happy to do it yourself.

I didn't find flash tools that hard to use. granted, I've only used it once. everything went well though. I'd give it a go yourself before taking any more steps. If you're around the weekend, I can look at getting the right files/set up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

handofdog wrote:
    Received my Umi Zero last night.

Thinking of going for one of these. How's the battery been over a few days? Any other glitches show up?

• Advertisement

I didn't find flash tools that hard to use. granted, I've only used it once. everything went well though. I'd give it a go yourself before taking any more steps. If you're around the weekend, I can look at getting the right files/set up etc.

I don't think it is hard to use, but it is very easy to mess up your phone with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

fixxxer wrote: »
    Thinking of going for one of these. How's the battery been over a few days? Any other glitches show up?

Battery has been excellent so far but it's still a bit early to say for sure. If you could hold off for a few days (it's Chinese New Year anyway so holding off might not delay delivery) then I'll give you an update with more data. I do have "Smart Screen" and "Air Gestures" turned off but I'm not using any other power saving techniques - I also have the display set at full brightness but to turn off after 15 seconds. I'm comfortably getting a full day of reasonably heavy "new-phone-tinkering" usage.

I'm delighted with the performance so far. Camera works well, GPS (using Sygic) has give no problems and browsing/video playback are perfect.

The FM radio signal doesn't seem to be as good as my previous phone but I can live with that.

As a minor quibble, I would prefer the on switch to be on the right hand side - this would make it easier to access with my flip cover attached.

handofdog wrote: »
    Battery has been excellent so far but it's still a bit early to say for sure. If you could hold off for a few days (it's Chinese New Year anyway so holding off might not delay delivery) then I'll give you an update with more data. I do have "Smart Screen" and "Air Gestures" turned off but I'm not using any other power saving techniques - I also have the display set at full brightness but to turn off after 15 seconds. I'm comfortably getting a full day of reasonably heavy "new-phone-tinkering" usage.

I'm delighted with the performance so far. Camera works well, GPS (using Sygic) has give no problems and browsing/video playback are perfect.

The FM radio signal doesn't seem to be as good as my previous phone but I can live with that.

As a minor quibble, I would prefer the on switch to be on the right hand side - this would make it easier to access with my flip cover attached.

Where did you order it from if you don't mind me asking? Coolicool is the only place I've seen with it in an EU warehouse and I've never ordered from them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

fixxxer wrote: »
    Where did you order it from if you don't mind me asking? Coolicool is the only place I've seen with it in an EU warehouse and I've never ordered from them before.

I bought from the China GeekBuying site - it was out of stock in EU when I was looking.

The GeekBuying Spanish EU warehouse (www dot geekbuying.com/category/Overseas-Warehouses-1301/) has it for $220 which is pretty much what I paid for in China!

Please note, I'm not recommending the GeekBuying Spanish site - I've never used them myself.

handofdog wrote: »
    I bought from the China GeekBuying site - it was out of stock in EU when I was looking.

The GeekBuying Spanish EU warehouse (www dot geekbuying.com/category/Overseas-Warehouses-1301/) has it for $220 which is pretty much what I paid for in China!

Please note, I'm not recommending the GeekBuying Spanish site - I've never used them myself.

I've used their Chinese site and it was grand. Slow, but grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Have my Elephone P6000 now and delighted with it so far. We'll see how it performs over the next few months and how the battery is but so far so good.

It's no HTC M8 but hey, it's 400 euros cheaper. Will do me grand for the next 12 months hopefully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

If its in Switzerland you will have to pay customs as its not in the EU I reckon. If Im ordering here from Germany for example I have to pay duties

You're charged VAT if it's outside Europe I believe and Switzerland is in Europe just not the EU.

I doubt it's being shipped from there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'm really not an expert all I know is if it's kver 62chf I have to pay extra when ordering from Germany :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

this looks interesting from hauwei
    http://www.hihonor.com/en/pages/campaigns/pricehacker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Not a bad phone for its current price (110 euro) especially if shipping from EU. I'd pay a bit extra for the Honor 3c 4G though. It has a much better display, cpu, double the ram, insane battery life. Here's a comparison between them, honor 3c play is exact same phone except for different rom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR7Ri7AESD4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

budgemook wrote: »
    Update on my customs charges for elephone p6000 from deals machine:

:mad:

Bummer i got away with it on deals machine DHL p&p how much did it cost altogether

Just an update on the Battery, i install Battery Doctor, and when i charged it to 100% it done another charge which i can't remember what it said but it was something to do with battery life, anyways im on my 3rd day now and its at 1% now, so i dont see it a problem anymore, overall im am very happy with my P6000 all specs are spot on !

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone recommend a cheap android phone to see me through for 2/3 mths?

Need to get a new phone but want to wait for the new devices coming out in the next couple of months.

Any good Chinese phones for <€50? Or am I as well off getting a cheap PAYG phone locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a cheap android phone to see me through for 2/3 mths?

Need to get a new phone but want to wait for the new devices coming out in the next couple of months.

Any good Chinese phones for <€50? Or am I as well off getting a cheap PAYG phone locally.

There's one in the BA Forum, can't get a link on my phone but I'll try get it later. Its €62, but for a short length of time you might as well get locally I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Ulefone still hasn't shipped :(

Ulefone still hasn't shipped :(

I don't think they are back in action until the 24th, so could be a few days after that before they ship it.

Am still thinking about getting one myself, but might wait and see how you get on with yours first.

eamonnq wrote: »
    I don't think they are back in action until the 24th, so could be a few days after that before they ship it.

Am still thinking about getting one myself, but might wait and see how you get on with yours first.

Thought it was today. Tis grand so

Best Chinese budget phone here lads: http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_218400.html

$99.99

one of the ugliest phones I've seen.

one of the ugliest phones I've seen.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Best Chinese budget phone here lads: http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_218400.html

$99.99

That's a nice phone alright.
    And for peanuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement