Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I used to be able to get a day from a 1800mAh battery on MiUi? How could 2700mAh be an issue :O Have you got Leandroid or something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

eamonnq wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting one, but might go with the Ulefone BEPRO now.

Yeh I cant recommend it just yet, ill wait under the update comes out before I decide whether to get a new phone or not.

mdabar wrote: »
    That's weird, since that battery isn't so small... I mean, I'm really happy with the P3000S battery life, specially when I compare with my iPhone5 which barely lasts one day, but its battery is only 1400mAh. So 2700mAh would be more than enough for 1 full intensive day.

The p3000s is a 3150 mah battery so it would last a good bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Android Authority have released a review of the Elephone P5000:

http://www.androidauthority.com/elephone-p5000-review-588606/

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 flemzer

Bought a Jiayu G4S from Mixeshop, moving away so needed a cheap unlocked dual sim android. After reading (thoroughly) all of the advice on here my phone arrived in 5 days...working perfectly and does exactly what it says on the tin.

I had a great experience with mixeshop asked questions got almost instant email back, pretty happy despite being nervous about buying from China

...so thanks to this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mdabar

theShire wrote: »

Elephone G2 looks decent for a sub 5inch phone at 100euro

I know it's cheap, but sincerely... I would go for 2 GB of RAM nowadays, the internal storage is not really a problem because you can always expand it through microSD, but the RAM memory uses to get full quite early depending on our use...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

mdabar wrote: »
    I know it's cheap, but sincerely... I would go for 2 GB of RAM nowadays, the internal storage is not really a problem because you can always expand it through microSD, but the RAM memory uses to get full quite early depending on our use...

The screen is also low-resolution, but for the price I think it is worth consideration.

Anybody looking for a cheap 4G phone, would not go far wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Right, so I want to buy the jiayu S3 but am wondering if the LTE bands will work with three here in ireland. tried to find an answer on google but can't seem to get a definite answer for this. Anyone know?

Right, so I want to buy the jiayu S3 but am wondering if the LTE bands will work with three here in ireland. tried to find an answer on google but can't seem to get a definite answer for this. Anyone know?

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/e54a3134

According to this it has all the bands you need.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks#Europe

• Advertisement

perfect! thanks a lot!

perfect! thanks a lot!

Are you buying ?

Are you buying ?

Yes, I ordered it today from coolicool.

Anyone have any issues with tracking stuff from China. Ordered something from aliexpress 2 weeks back and tracking numbers are not working. Also my phone shipped on Tuesday but I can't track it's location as of yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Tracking has been marked as shipped but hasn't updated in days.

I hope to get it soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd say anything ordered in the last 2 weeks is still somewhere in China, it being Chinese new year and all

Anyone have any issues with tracking stuff from China. Ordered something from aliexpress 2 weeks back and tracking numbers are not working. Also my phone shipped on Tuesday but I can't track it's location as of yet.

If your phone shipped by NL POST it could be a while before it shows up on tracking, how was the Aliexpress stuff sent ? and what tracking sites are you using.

If your phone shipped by NL POST it could be a while before it shows up on tracking, how was the Aliexpress stuff sent ? and what tracking sites are you using.

It was sent by NL Post so I guess that's the problem.

Aliexpress stuff was sent by China post and they give me some site in Chinese to track it. There are only 2 boxes on the page, 1 for the code and 1 for solving the captcha. I'm pretty sure I'm entering in the right information and it loads a database sort of thing but there are no entries

Well I would be very wary of alliexpress, i got done before, i got a code and nothing ever arrived.
    If I were you I would be contacting alliexpress pretty sharpish.

PS. I started a case and got my money back!

I always use AliExpress, never any hassle. Wait a few more days I think, you've 60 to open a dispute

• Advertisement

Well I would be very wary of alliexpress, i got done before, i got a code and nothing ever arrived.
    If I were you I would be contacting alliexpress pretty sharpish.

PS. I started a case and got my money back!

Thanks for the advice. I've ordered from them wholesale with no problems before and I have another 45 days to open a dispute anyway so I'll give them until next week

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Aliexpress or Xiaomishop.com
    I know Aliexpress alright but I was hoping for a recommended seller. There can be lots of fake ones about.

thebuzz wrote: »
    I know Aliexpress alright but I was hoping for a recommended seller. There can be lots of fake ones about.

Sort by highest rated seller I suppose? Always worked for me

Have used Aliexpress lots of times for different things and never had a problem, but I would be fairly careful with which sellers I buy from.

Had nothing but trouble with them but each to their own, you wont find anyone on here who hasnt had bad experience with one of the sellers.

Tracking is working for my DealsMachine.com phone order now.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    They won't replace or refund the phone, I lost a paypal dispute with them.

"Dear Buyer,

Please ship it back to us by the address below by registered air mail, don't use fedex or ups or dhl, customs will not allow to import if you ship it by those services. Please make sure not using too big package to pack it, make the package as small as possible. Please also pack it as hard to open as possible because if the package is too difficult to open, customs will not check it.

On your way bill or CN22, write: MP4 Player, with customs declare value of 15 USD. (important!)"

Is it really going to cost 10-15e to send this via registered air mail?

I sent the phone for a repair on the 20th of January and the last tracking update is it having a 'import security' scan on the 28th of January.

It's been a month since the last update and no reply when I contacted China Post.
    Etotalk told me that they would contact China Post and get back to me before the Chinese New Year. That didn't happen and they just keep claiming that it hasn't arrived yet and it's out of their hands, very frustrated.

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I sent the phone for a repair on the 20th of January and the last tracking update is it having a 'import security' scan on the 28th of January.

It's been a month since the last update and no reply when I contacted China Post.
    Etotalk told me that they would contact China Post and get back to me before the Chinese New Year. That didn't happen and they just keep claiming that it hasn't arrived yet and it's out of their hands, very frustrated.

Unfortunately this is one of the problems with buying from China, I have always felt that there is little point in returning anything as the costs involved ( some sellers require that you pay shipping both ways on the returned item ), and if they say that they did not receive it, there is very little you can do about it.

That is one of the reasons I prefer to stick to the cheaper options when it comes to phones also.

Some people though have returned phones and got them sorted with little or no hassle (except for the time involved in returning the phone and getting it back), so hopefully it will resolve itself and you get looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Cant wait for MWC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I had experience with returning the phone (which wasn't cheap to buy) to China and get it fixed. Sent the package in June, received in same year in December. It needed only the mainboard replaced, screen was good. Got the phone back in working condition but they changed the screen as well ( I don't have a clue what happened to it). The phone does still work but the screen is badly done lot of light bleeding around the edges and I can peel the glass away from the housing. The glass protrudes in the middle on both sides so have to be careful not to cut my fingers.

The story: only registered post, even with tracking one doesn't know when the phone was received, then repair process, tons of emails to keep them on your case, managers+ customer care not up to scratch (screen change which was their fault was for free according to manager, the rep wanted me to pay 70 usd), sent back by DHL (to soften the long waiting time), of course paid customs on the repaired phone!

So those who are crazy enough to send the phone back for repair brace yourselves and keep getting onto them hard in order to not let the things slip away! Keep trying!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement