Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I sent the phone for a repair on the 20th of January and the last tracking update is it having a 'import security' scan on the 28th of January.

It's been a month since the last update and no reply when I contacted China Post.
    Etotalk told me that they would contact China Post and get back to me before the Chinese New Year. That didn't happen and they just keep claiming that it hasn't arrived yet and it's out of their hands, very frustrated.

Did you try the tracking number on china post website or 17track.net?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stansgone

I've been looking at buying an Elephone P5000 or a THL 5000. Has anyone got any experiences with either or could anyone recommend which one to buy. Both have very good specs. Battery life, 2gb ram and 16gb rom are what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

spix wrote: »
    Did you try the tracking number on china post website or 17track.net?

I did and the last update is on the 28th of January.

When sending it, I returned the favor by marking it as a low value mp3 player.
    Now it feels that I have made a grave error and they will claim they did not receive the phone and all I will receive is €20 back.

Paypal have contacted them on my behalf so hopefully it is just extremley delayed and I'm due a very lacklustre Christmas present! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I did and the last update is on the 28th of January.

When sending it, I returned the favor by marking it as a low value mp3 player.
    Now it feels that I have made a grave error and they will claim they did not receive the phone and all I will receive is €20 back.

Paypal have contacted them on my behalf so hopefully it is just extremley delayed and I'm due a very lacklustre Christmas present! :D

With the recent Chinese holiday I wouldn't call it extremely delayed. I imagine delivery to China would be pretty slow anyway.

Also sometimes the tracking is country dependent, you will get anposts tracking but then its up to China post and they mightn't add tracking to the package.

Personally I wouldn't trust etotalk either, they've always come across as a bit dodgy to me. They could have it and lie simply because the tracking doesn't show delivered. Make sure to link them to this thread and if they screw you over they will lose business ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Tracking for my aliexpress order is now working too. Item is in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

stansgone.............my experience with THL 5000 is very good,the screen is good and crisp.the battery lasts me 3 days with wifi on day and night,but using 3G the battery will drain in a day. call quality is fine i am using it on vodafone.
    got it from irish seller on ebay
    hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

seamusmct wrote: »
    stansgone.............my experience with THL 5000 is very good,the screen is good and crisp.the battery lasts me 3 days with wifi on day and night,but using 3G the battery will drain in a day. call quality is fine i am using it on vodafone.
    hope that helps

How much did you pay for it ?

i payed €250

i bought if from globaltek-store ebay ireland

hope that helps

Thanks a million seamusmct. I was kind of swaying towards the THL. 5000. THL seems to be on the go for longer than Elephone, from what I can find. They are on Amazon for about €224 at the moment. Got quotes from loads of Chinese sites, but they don't do PayPal, so I'll b giving them a miss.

• Advertisement

Does the 224 including shipping and are they shipping from within the EU ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Have a 4G Landvo after seeing a thread on bargain alerts.

The phone looks great but I'm getting rid of it.

Internal memory is so low it renders it useless. Battery life is atrocious. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you spent 60 euro, what were you expecting? have a proper budget and buy a proper phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

RossieMan wrote: »
    you spent 60 euro, what were you expecting? have a proper budget and buy a proper phone.

It wasn't 60 euro. Different phone. Get your facts right before you act so smug otherwise you look like a prat.

And I see you are the same poster that was doing the same "posting" in the Bargain Alerts thread so you do know exactly what phone I'm talking about and how much it actually cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you a link to the Landvo thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Have you a link to the Landvo thread?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057324662/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Have a 4G Landvo after seeing a thread on bargain alerts.

The phone looks great but I'm getting rid of it.

Internal memory is so low it renders it useless. Battery life is atrocious. Never again.

I have the 3G version and am happy with it . Repartitioned the memory and killed the boot/shutdown sounds. Battery suits my needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It wasn't 60 euro. Different phone. Get your facts right before you act so smug otherwise you look like a prat.

And I see you are the same poster that was doing the same "posting" in the Bargain Alerts thread so you do know exactly what phone I'm talking about and how much it actually cost.

Its the exact same phone with half the ROM and 4G. What did you pay? €80? For a 4G phone I don't know what you were expecting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Still waiting for my Elephone P5000, really hoping Customs don't get their hands on it.

Tracking says this.
    2015-02-17 18:21
    Asendia Asia, Departure from border point of origin country

Anyone have any idea as to when I'd get it?

• Advertisement

the Elephone P5000 looks like a nice phone. let us know what you think of it when u get it.

the Elephone P5000 looks like a nice phone. let us know what you think of it when u get it.

Yeah, might do a full on review of it.

Very excited to try out the massive battery on it.

full review would be very useful

Yeah, might do a full on review of it.

Very excited to try out the massive battery on it.

Please let us know how u get on with it. I have my eyes on that phone too.
    Looks great to me for the prices on offer.

stansgone wrote: »
    Please let us know how u get on with it. I have my eyes on that phone too.
    Looks great to me for the prices on offer.

I'll gladly be your guinea pig! :pac:

Hopefully I'll get it soon, tracking hasn't updated since 17 Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

All good here with the Elephone p6000, so far really liking it, the battery aint a problem anymore, i am getting 2 days of full use out of it now mainly on wifi, i installed Battery Doctor, great app, screen leaves fingerprints but like i said before an auld haw n wipe sorts that, still waiting on the 5.0 update though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

All good here with the Elephone p6000, so far really liking it, the battery aint a problem anymore, i am getting 2 days of full use out of it now mainly on wifi, i installed Battery Doctor, great app, screen leaves fingerprints but like i said before an auld haw n wipe sorts that, still waiting on the 5.0 update though!

Same, theres a beta out but Im not touching it!

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_218804.html

Voucher code CNS2015 gives a discount, so if I am calculating correctly, phone and a case ( http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_227027.html ) comes to 130 euro.

More codes here: Might give more discount!!

http://www.dealsmachine.com/m-promotion-active-339.html

Apparently the spec advertised for that phone is a bit 'inaccurate', not only does it not use the Sony 13mp Camera, the screen is not actually an LG IPS screen, not sure what the screen is.

Might still get one though!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

eamonnq wrote: »
    Apparently the spec advertised for that phone is a bit 'inaccurate', not only does it not use the Sony 13mp Camera, the screen is not actually an LG IPS screen, not sure what the screen is.

Might still get one though!! :confused:

I knew about the camera problem, the screen problem is new to me. We'll wait and see sure :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Jay Hatchell

Same, theres a beta out but Im not touching it!

Got a letter from customs this morning
    There wanting 23% of 69.02 = 15.87 for VAT
    and 10 euro administrative fee so Total of €25.87

There's notting else on the letter no payment details or anything so what am i susposed to do ?

Jay

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement