Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

RossieMan wrote: »
    have you used that seller spix? are they guaranteed no customs?

Yep I used them. 100% guaranteed no customs as they ship to themselves in the UK via DHL first (big batch of orders) Then sent individually from UK to the customers by Fedex. They ship the batches from China on Thursday and Monday so it'll arrive much faster if you order around these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

cheers for the info. may well just take the plunge, was looking at etotalk but the chance of customs is a killer.

cheers for the info. may well just take the plunge, was looking at etotalk but the chance of customs is a killer.

RossieMan wrote: »

A tip, do the checkout in euro instead of dollars to save on currency conversion. It's usually around 2.75% with a card but aliexpress is only about 1% (etotalk charges 4% as does paypal) Letting your card do the conversion can be a bit of a gamble too depending on if the exchange rate changes in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

that souns like a great job.but i would be weary of getting a bill from dhl or fedx in a few months after.

• Advertisement

seamusmct wrote: »
    that souns like a great job.but i would be weary of getting a bill from dhl or fedx in a few months after.

It's not possible as fedex are only involved once its in the uk and you can't be charged customs on something from another eu country. DHL won't even have your contact info.

still i would never trust dhl or fedex,even if it costs a few euro extra i would buy from Ireland of UK.i got stung before 6 or 7 months after the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I dont want them having my card details.

It's 100% safe. Aliexpress is part of Alibaba group which is a bigger company than Amazon and Ebay combined.

spix wrote: »
    It's 100% safe. Aliexpress is part of Alibaba group which is a bigger company than Amazon and Ebay combined.

I know Im still tempted, though I do believe you have a vested interest in Aliexpress :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

I used Aliexpress for years,never had a problem with them tbh Mick

Also funnily enough I've never had a dud item from them either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    I did and the last update is on the 28th of January.

When sending it, I returned the favor by marking it as a low value mp3 player.
    Now it feels that I have made a grave error and they will claim they did not receive the phone and all I will receive is €20 back.

Paypal have contacted them on my behalf so hopefully it is just extremley delayed and I'm due a very lacklustre Christmas present! :D

I understand that the Chinese postal service can take some time, but I'm fed up now because Etotalk have been ignoring me for days now when they told me they would contact China Post on my behalf for an update.

I also contacted China Post myself and of course, that was nearly 2 weeks ago and no reply.
    I rang Paypal a few days ago and they contacted Etotalk on my behalf, no reply because I rang Paypal again today and they told me that my transaction has been marked as a dispute for their seller account but because I bought the phone a good while ago that they cannot give me my money back.

Paypal have recommended contacting Legal support in this matter, what should I do?

If my account gets raped Im coming for you lot :pac:

shipping from china can take up to 60 days,and even longer with the Chinese new year,i would open up a dispute with paypal,and hopefully your phone will come in the meantime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

The seller does not get your card details. Alipay gets them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE
    DUBLIN 12
    04-Mar-15
    13:20

Wahoo!

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE
    DUBLIN 12
    04-Mar-15

Wahoo!

You got lucky :p

Sam Mac wrote: »
    You got lucky :p

A new phone to play with, I can't wait! Haha.

A new phone to play with, I can't wait! Haha.

Be sure to let us all know how you get on Alan :)

that vwey good news, can u give us a quick review when u get a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

ON ROUTE TO CUSTOMER
    DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE
    DUBLIN 12
    04-Mar-15

Wahoo!

Nice one. Mine was received this morning into Dublin mail centre so looks like I'll have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Got hit for €22 by DHL on my Jiayu G4S. (Cost €152)

It was delivered this morning.

I checked the tracking this morning when I got up and it said delivered.

Went down stairs and no sign of it, had a look outside then door and in typical An Post fashion they left in on the matt at the front door.

Not even a knock!

Delighted I have it now, will do a first impressions later on.

Jiayu S3 for sale on adverts, might go for it.

Jiayu S3 for sale on adverts, might go for it.
    I'd be wary of people selling these phones on adverts for what seems to be cost price. They say new but could actually be used. I bought a 'brand new sealed' xperia sp off there to find it was used and had scratches on the screen.

I'd have more faith on aliexpress than adverts. unless they're well known here.

spix wrote: »
    I'd be wary of people selling these phones on adverts for what seems to be cost price. They say new but could actually be used. I bought a 'brand new sealed' xperia sp off there to find it was used and had scratches on the screen.

Paypal and cheap return will help with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im getting an AV result of an android/trojan.agent.ag on my phone.

Its saying it cant uninstall a system task.

Any ideas.

the path is /system/app/Note.apk

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Have you run any other anti-malwares?

If its a system app on an unrooted phone, you're grand I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement