Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

MarkR wrote: »
    Hi Bobby, what network do you use it with? I've looked at http://www.willmyphonework.net/, but i'm not 100% sure it's accurate.

I'd be using it on vodafone or possibly tesco (work and personal phone).
    It will work on both (at the same time even as it has dual sim slots).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

MarkR wrote: »
    Hi Bobby, what network do you use it with? I've looked at http://www.willmyphonework.net/, but i'm not 100% sure it's accurate.

I'd be using it on vodafone or possibly tesco (work and personal phone).

I use 48 so I'd say it will work with any

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

The battery is horrendous, just so that you're aware
    And what you think, what is better: Thl w200c or Huawei Honor Holly?
    I dont know for battery on thl w200c, but my friend has Thl t6s pro(5inch, 8core x 1,4ghz, battery 1900mah) and he is satisfaid with battery life, battery lasts 2 days, and he use wifi, and play games on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

bondja80 wrote: »
    And what you think, what is better: Thl w200c or Huawei Honor Holly?
    I dont know for battery on thl w200c, but my friend has Thl t6s pro(5inch, 8core x 1,4ghz, battery 1900mah) and he is satisfaid with battery life, battery lasts 2 days, and he use wifi, and play games on the phone.

Well I had a thl w200, 1800mah battery on a 5 inch screen, barely lasted 10 hours.
    The Holly isn't much better to be honest, I think the processor is easier on battery if I remember correctly.

For the price you're paying, good battery life is going to be hard to come by

Well I had a thl w200, 1800mah battery on a 5 inch screen, barely lasted 10 hours.
    The Holly isn't much better to be honest, I think the processor is easier on battery if I remember correctly.

For the price you're paying, good battery life is going to be hard to come by
    Thl w200c is better then thl w200, it has better processor 8cores x 1,4ghz and battery is 2000mah and also it is 10 touch screen.
    How was quality of the screen (colours&clarity) and camera (photos&videos) on yours Thl w200? Was it better then on another chinese phones with simular price?

• Advertisement

Thl w200c is better then thl w200, it has better processor 8cores x 1,4ghz and battery is 2000mah and also it is 10 touch screen.
    How was quality of the screen (colours&clarity) and camera (photos&videos) on yours Thl w200? Was it better then on another chinese phones with simular price?

4 more cores aren't going to play nice on an already poor battery though. The camera stopped working after a few months.

I thought the screen was fine, I'm not a stickler for HD Displays

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

What do you guys think of the Xiaomi Redmi 2? The only problem i can see with it is it's RAM.
    I've been seeing that there'll be an upgraded limited edition with double RAM and internal storage. Any idea where i could find news on this?
    And as a newcomer to this, usually how limited are these limited editions?

What do you guys think of the Xiaomi Redmi 2? The only problem i can see with it is it's RAM.
    I've been seeing that there'll be an upgraded limited edition with double RAM and internal storage. Any idea where i could find news on this?
    And as a newcomer to this, usually how limited are these limited editions?

Hi JimJam, I can't speak for the Redmi 2 but I have a Redmi 1s and it's a great phone. The build quality and camera are excellent and the only hindrance was the 1gb of ram, but with the Redmi 2 (assuming its build quality is the same)and a 2gbs of ram version, that phone would be an absolute steal.

The 2gb version has no official release date and it seems it will unfortunately be a limited edition which means it will probably be that little bit more difficult to get over here.

For a first Chinese phone I think Xiaomi are a good choice if you do decide to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Hi JimJam, I can't speak for the Redmi 2 but I have a Redmi 1s and it's a great phone. The build quality and camera are excellent and the only hindrance was the 1gb of ram, but with the Redmi 2 (assuming its build quality is the same)and a 2gbs of ram version, that phone would be an absolute steal.

The 2gb version has no official release date and it seems it will unfortunately be a limited edition which means it will probably be that little bit more difficult to get over here.

For a first Chinese phone I think Xiaomi are a good choice if you do decide to buy one.

Thanks for replying so speedily! I did have a Jiayu G3s before but it's failed on me recently.

I was between the Jiayu G4s and the Redmi but if you reckon it's gonna be difficult to get my hands on it I might just get the Jiayu. I just wanted to see what the other companies had to offer.

4 more cores aren't going to play nice on an already poor battery though. The camera stopped working after a few months.

I thought the screen was fine, I'm not a stickler for HD Displays
    Now I have Huawei Honor Holly and I am not impresed with it. I am thinking to return this phone to amzon and to order thl w200c on antelife. What do you think?

• Advertisement

Now I have Huawei Honor Holly and I am not impresed with it. I am thinking to return this phone to amzon and to order thl w200c on antelife. What do you think?

What's the issue with the Holly?

It sounds like that's what you want to do anyways, so you might as well

What's the issue with the Holly?

It sounds like that's what you want to do anyways, so you might as well
    Colours on the screen are not so nice, sound is also bit weak, camera is not so good for inside, menu keys don't light up. And also I don't like back cover of the phone , its is simular to Samsung 5 back cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Colours on the screen are not so nice, sound is also bit weak, camera is not so good for inside, menu keys don't light up. And also I don't like back cover of the phone , its is simular to Samsung 5 back cover.

I don't think you'll see much improvement with the thl w200c tbh, also it doesn't have backlit menu keys either. It doesn't seem very good value considering what else is out there. It's a downgrade from the Honor Holly in regards to internal storage, w200c only has 2gb for apps, holly has 12gb.

spix wrote: »
    I don't think you'll see much improvement with the thl w200c tbh, also it doesn't have backlit menu keys either. It doesn't seem very good value considering what else is out there.

Are there any decent phones around that price range spix? Like sub €120. Haven't a notion of what the W200C costs to be fair but I can't imagine it's much.

The first good, low priced phone I can think of is the 1st Gen Redmi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Are there any decent phones around that price range spix? Like sub €120. Haven't a notion of what the W200C costs to be fair but I can't imagine it's much.

w200c seems to be around $160 and has last gen cpu (downclocked mtk6592) Doesn't seem very impressive.

Its kind of hard to find decent sub €120 phones now that the euro rate has gone to crap, it's almost at $1 = €1.

Redmi 2, Zenfone 5, Doogee f1 mini, Jiayu f2, Lenovo k3, ZTE v5 Red Bull are probably the best phones around that price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

better off buying a Vodafone Smart 4 turbo,get it unlocked if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

seamusmct wrote: »
    better off buying a Vodafone Smart 4 turbo,get it unlocked if you need to.

Do you really think so ?

I would be thinking something like the Ulefone BePro as an alternative, might be a bit above the budget but looks like a good phone ( camera might be a bit of a let-down though).

I'm not buying, just wondering what is out there at the price.

the Ulefone BePro looks like a good phone,but it all comes down to your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ELynch96

I have a 3 week old xiaomi mi3 for sale if anybody is interested pm for more details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭horse7

Jaiyu s3 3gb ram owners,jaiyu have released a patch to fix the play store issue,just go to the jaiyu store site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

1GB ram, pity.

Hi guys can I say to just avoid buying the Ulefone Be Pro until the 5.0 update has been released.

A few issues both software and hardware related are floating around, but Ulefone have started to take feedback from the community so hopefully they will be solved.

These issues include:

-Loose headphone jack
    -Problems with touch sensitivity
    -Creaky back cover
    -Poor rear camera quality (This is a commonplace issue but some people appear to have good cameras?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

1GB ram, pity.

Those specs are for a Landvo that had previously mistaken for a leak on the Mate 7 Compact. The only thing anyone appears to know with any degree of certainty about the Mate 7 Compact is that the screen should be 4.7". Hopefully Huawei take Sony's approach to a scaled down flagship, rather than Samsung's with their crappy Minis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Yes I very much wish for that too. It can't be that difficult to put the specs of a 5" or 5.5" into a 4.5/4.7

Lenovo Sisley S90 looks good, nice size

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Advertisement

I think I've fixed my FF crash by turning off sync

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement