Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Think the price has gone up since I posted.

Exchange rate can't be helping prices at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Hi
    I'm looking for some feedback - hopefully from people with experience of these phones.
    I currently have a Moto G 4G for about the last year. Moved to it from a HTC Desire HD which I had a number of years. Happy with the Moto but I'm toying with the idea of a larger screen. Thinking about 5" but a few of these 5.5" phones caught my eye. (Although I'm still on the fence about whether 5.5" is just too big for a phone.)

Looking at sub €200 phones only. I know everyone recommends the oneplusone and money no object I would probably try it out....

Looking at what seems to be somewhat known brands which would people recommend.

The Ulefone be Pro
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Ulefone-Be-Pro-5-5--Android-Phone-2GB-16GB-IPS-HD-Screen-64-bit-4G-LTE-Smartphone-MTK6732-Quad-Core-1-5GHz-13-0MP--Dark-Blue-340268.html

or the Xioami RedMI note
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/XIAOMI-Hongmi-Note-4G-Snapdragon-MSM8928-Quad-Core-1-6GHz-5-5-Inch-Smartphone-2GB-RAM-HD-IPS-13-0MP-GPS-OTG---White-332910.html
    (although what is making me hesitate on this is reading somewhere that it doesn't have Gorilla glass)

the Elefone http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Elephone-P6000-4G-1280x780-Pixels-MTK6732-Quad-Core-1-5GHz-5-0-Inch-Smartphone-Android-4-4-2GB-16GB-13-0MP-IPS---White-338224.html

or maybe this one? http://www.coolicool.com/kingzone-z1-mtk6752-octa-core-55-inch-ips-ogs-hd-screen-android-44-4g-lte-android-smartphone-g-35420

Key things for me (in no particular order) are
    1. Best battery life I can get
    2. Good camera
    3. 4G - might as well future proof myself
    4. Tough screen
    5. SD card slot
    6. Reliable - I've had a Chinese tablet before which was grand once rooted and played with a bit - but I don't want to have to waste time playing with something like this. I want it to work out of the box.

Any ideas? Would also appreciate feedback on the best place to buy these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

theShire wrote: »
    Exchange rate can't be helping prices at the moment!

30 euro difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Think I might have a problem with buying too much from Chinese websites.

Just got this email from one of them:

"We miss you"
    "You are part of our best customers, however you have not ordered for 1 days."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

eamonnq wrote: »
    Think I might have a problem with buying too much from Chinese websites.

Just got this email from one of them:

"We miss you"
    "You are part of our best customers, however you have not ordered for 1 days."

Shame on you, eamonnq, that man has kids to put through Harvard Business School!

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »
    Shame on you, eamonnq, that man has kids to put through Harvard Business School!

Don't we all !!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

30 euro difference?

Didn't realise it was that much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭seamusmct

gn3dr
    i have a brand new in the box jiayu s3 2GB VERSION for sale if u are interested

seamusmct wrote: »
    gn3dr
    i have a brand new in the box jiayu s3 2GB VERSION for sale if u are interested

How much?

240 euro

• Advertisement

How much?

I will sell you one for 240 !! It is in 'our warehouse in China at the moment' but delivery will be less than one week. :D

my phone in Ireland no customs fees.paypal only

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i wouldn't trust you as far as i could throw you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Anything around the 100 mark that would do better than my Lumia 635?
    Like the phone but the play store has spoiled me too much in the past to go to this :o

my phone in Ireland no customs fees.paypal only

Where did you buy it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Think the price has gone up since I posted.

What was it when you posted?,its €190 now

eamonnq wrote: »
    Where did you buy it ?
    i have a cousin who travels between Ireland and Asia once a month,and i asked him to pick me up 2 jiayu s3 on his travels.

stansgone.............my experience with THL 5000 is very good,the screen is good and crisp.the battery lasts me 3 days with wifi on day and night,but using 3G the battery will drain in a day. call quality is fine i am using it on vodafone.
    got it from irish seller on ebay
    hope that helps
    i bought if from globaltek-store ebay ireland
    i have a cousin who travels between Ireland and Asia once a month,and i asked him to pick me up 2 jiayu s3 on his travels.

and would he not pick up a THL5000 for you ?

Strange, that ebay store have some S3 ((2gb version too) x 2 )for sale too.

http://www.ebay.ie/usr/globaltek-store

What was it when you posted?,its €190 now

Think it was around 150-160 but it was presale.

i got my thl a few months ago,gave it to my wife, a great phone.
    i can send photo proof to the phone to anyone interested.

• Advertisement

nothing gets by you eamonn. great detective work.

time for seamus to hit the road i think.

detective work. i baught a thl 5000 a few months ago, i have a oneplus one now, and 2 jiayu s3 to sell

detective work. i baught a thl 5000 a few months ago, i have a oneplus one now, and 2 jiayu s3 to sell

You don't live in Leitrim by any chance ? :rolleyes:

why so many questions,if you want to know anything just ask.i have nothing to hide. yes i live in leitrim.anything else?

why so many questions,if you want to know anything just ask.i have nothing to hide. yes i live in leitrim.anything else?

No, there just seems to be an awful lot of coincidences involved.

Guy on ebay has 2 Jiayu S3 for sale
    You have 2 Jiayu S3 for sale

Guy on ebay has the 2GB Ram version
    You have the 2GB Ram version

Guy on ebay is based in Leitrim
    You live in Leitrim

Guy on ebay is selling them for 240
    You are selling them for 240

You have posted details of the ebay seller on here and posted all the negative stuff about buying directly from China it would almost make one think that you were trying to put people off buying directly from China.

but like I said, just an awful lot of coincidences.

eamonnq
    their is a lot of negative reasons not to buy from china direct,im sure most people here know them.i have had my share.
    i never said i dont sell on ebay,i do sell on ebay, i have a new oneplus one 64gb for sale now for €300 euros, why so cheep u may ask. because i need the money.

ok lets all come out here and ask the direct question.
    Are you globaltek-store?

So you are the ebay seller that you claimed you bought your phones from ? Nice

We could all do that if we wanted to, but coming on here pretending that you were a customer when really you are the seller is called shilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

eamonnq
    their is a lot of negative reasons not to buy from china direct,im sure most people here know them.i have had my share.
    i never said i dont sell on ebay,i do sell on ebay, i have a new oneplus one 64gb for sale now for €300 euros, why so cheep u may ask. because i need the money.

Thats not cheap they are €299 brand new from OPO https://oneplus.net/ie/one

• Advertisement

Just to let you know Dav has a post on bargain alerts about shilling, hes not happy with it and I think we have a few shillers/sellers on the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement