Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Just an update on the gionee e7. At first I felt it was a bit cluttered but
    This phone is fantastic after the KitKat update. Spec wise and performance wise it leaves my s4 in the dust. The camera is the best I've ever used and the screen is crystal clear. Best thing is it was only 165. The best phone you could get that match this would cost 300 nirmally. Anyone interested in a 5.5inch device go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Just an update on the gionee e7. At first I felt it was a bit cluttered but
    This phone is fantastic after the KitKat update. Spec wise and performance wise it leaves my s4 in the dust. The camera is the best I've ever used and the screen is crystal clear. Best thing is it was only 165. The best phone you could get that match this would cost 300 nirmally. Anyone interested in a 5.5inch device go for it.

Is it single SIM only and NO 4G ?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is it single SIM only and NO 4G ?

Yes but I'm in letterkenny so the best speeds here are 5mb. Hopefully they roll out a lollipop update this year as their other devices are receiving it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Farrell555

has anyone got any experience in buying directly from elephone.cc? or which websites (banggood? mixieshop? coolicool? etc) give a solid enough after sales service?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

Just an update for anyone interested, I tried to buy the Elephone p6000 from geekvida during the happy hour. I confirmed the payment of €149.99 on PayPal. Somehow after this they managed to change the charge to €169.99 without me confirming it through PayPal. I asked them for a refund and they're claiming the payment didn't go through. A payment of €169.99 has gone through looking at my PayPal account. I'm replying to them with the transaction ID and have made a complaint to PayPal. I'll keep ye posted, but stay well away from them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

There's no way they can change the amount on PayPal. You obviously just missed the price changing somewhere along the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

RossieMan wrote: »
    There's no way they can change the amount on PayPal. You obviously just missed the price changing somewhere along the line.

The price changed after I confirmed €149.99 on Paypal and went back to their site, when I didn't confirm the new price (€169.99) on Paypal I reckoned it couldn't have changed, but unfortunately it had. I may have clicked on something on their site to accept the new price (I couldn't tell as the page would no longer translate from Portuguese), but I thought I would be safe as long as I didn't confirm the payment on Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

presuki wrote: »
    The price changed after I confirmed €149.99 on Paypal and went back to their site, when I didn't confirm the new price (€169.99) on Paypal I reckoned it couldn't have changed, but unfortunately it had. I may have clicked on something on their site to accept the new price (I couldn't tell as the page would no longer translate from Portuguese), but I thought I would be safe as long as I didn't confirm the payment on Paypal.
    Paypal should refund money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Anyone have the Jiayu S3?

Whats the GPS like on it. I have the j3 and its useless.

Would need to know its good before buying!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tjspock

Pyrrhic wrote: »
    Guys can anybody help me sort out the battery issue with my Jiayu G5S.

I got it back from being repaired and the battery is dropping, even when it's charging.
    The only way I can charge it, is by using the external charger. (Taking the battery out and putting it in the charger which is hardly convenient)

hi ,my Jiayu G5S battery acted the same ,I got a new battery ,it was the only cure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tjspock

hi got jiayu s3 last week ,gps working well as far as I can see.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is interested. Got an Umi Zero for my wife so she could have her work and home sims in the one phone.

The screen is gorgeous for such a low cost phone. It really is super sharp. It is ridiculously slim and thin. The only issue with the build is that is quite slippy. I'm fairly sure I've seen it slide on a flat surface so a case will be needed.

Now, the software was different. While I was testing it out the wifi performance was terrible. Weak signal, constantly dropping connections, or not seeing networks. Call quality was rubbish too.

After some reading I flashed a MIUI rom. Everything works like a dream now. It's fast, responsive and has had no wireless issues what so ever.

So, a great phone to get but you make need to do some techy work to get it going properly.

I'm going to buy this tonight. How's it been going since?

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

I have one of these and I am loving it!
    GPS is fast and accurate, outside of course.
    Not as good as my old samsung S4 but miles away from the old crappy GPS units that came in previous chinese models.
    I am loving the S3 actually.
    Superfast, deals well with apps.
    Screen and camera are excellent.
    The on bad thing (whcih to be honest isn't a deal breaker for me) is that the jiayu software crashes sometimes but a quick ram cleanup brings all back to working order.
    I do not regret getting this phone at all! And for 200 euro with tempered glass screen protector and a cover it is well worth it!

Not as good as my old samsung S4 but miles away from the old crappy GPS units that came in previous chinese models.
    The on bad thing (whcih to be honest isn't a deal breaker for me) is that the jiayu software crashes sometimes but a quick ram cleanup brings all back to working order.
    I do not regret getting this phone at all! And for 200 euro with tempered glass screen protector and a cover it is well worth it!

I went with the Umi Zero. Ordered last night, and shipped this morning. So hopefully have it end of next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Is the gps useless in a car?

dedaw wrote: »
    Is the gps useless in a car?

Well, I've only used it with data and google maps, but I find it really good!
    I shall not mention how infuriating google maps is sometimes, but that has nothing to do with the phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Well, I've only used it with data and google maps, but I find it really good!
    I shall not mention how infuriating google maps is sometimes, but that has nothing to do with the phone :)

Can I ask where did you buy from and did it come with apps/play store pre - loaded?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone here owned a G4S? Looking to downsize to a dual sim phone and it seems to be sufficient.

Also, how much did you pay for the Umi Zero to the guy that bought one last night

Anyone here owned a G4S? Looking to downsize to a dual sim phone and it seems to be sufficient.

Also, how much did you pay for the Umi Zero to the guy that bought one last night

200 inc Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

From where?

• Advertisement

From where?

Alieexpress

dedaw wrote: »
    Can I ask where did you buy from and did it come with apps/play store pre - loaded?
    Thanks!

I bought from coolicool, it came with the chinese version of the software but I flashed the international version, it isn't hard at all after you manage to get the drivers installed properly in stupid windows! If you look a few pages behind I posted a tutorial about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Probably get tonnes of these requests in every week but looking to pick up a Chinese Android phone in or around €100-150 range that'll work fine on the Vodafone network for basic use. Had a HTC One S until recently (decided to jump out of my pocket and smash it's face in). Something that would perform the tasks that did would be perfect - roughly the same camera and battery. Doesn't need to be 4G ready because I'm not near any 4G spots.

Any ideas? Would be massively appreciated. Been looking at ones like the Cubot X9 or S380 but trying to get my head around which ones are better spec than the other is tough going given I'm not tech savy!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Xiaomi Redmi 2 should fit the budget, or a few € above it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Elephone P6000 would be another option and is $119 on pandawill at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I went with the Umi Zero. Ordered last night, and shipped this morning. So hopefully have it end of next week!

from where?

Elephone P6000 would be another option and is $119 on pandawill at the moment.

Think twice.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Think twice.

About the phone or pandawill? I thought it got pretty decent reviews....

After a few weeks now Im starting to get annoyed with the Elephone p6000, the manky screen and terrible battery life are too much for me, hoping the 5.0 update changes the battery life.

Not from Mick it didn't.

• Advertisement

I saw that alright but I thought the 'manky screen' bit was about fingerprints and that the battery calibration issue was solved with lollipop which is supposedly shipping on the new handsets and is being released for older within the next few days.

For the specs and at $119 i thought it was worth a punt (though came to $150 with insurance and dpd). I hope it's not a lemon when it arrives.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement