Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

bondja80 wrote: »
    But if you buy in Happy hour on their site, you should be very quick, because they have only 1 or 2 phones with discount price. And also it is very important, that when you go to paypal site to pay phone, they will return you to geekvida site to confirm address, and you need to confirm and click on jetz kaufen. So if you dont understand german or spanish, it can be problem for you. Also I sent you private message with some more explenations.

something really doesn't seem right about you.

You seem to advertise for loads of different sites, without every actually buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

[/QUOTE]
    RossieMan wrote: »
    something really doesn't seem right about you.

You seem to advertise for loads of different sites, without every actually buying anything.
    I bought THL 4400(with big battery 4400mah) for 102e :p on german site and in china this phone cost around 140e. I am very glad for such good price. Only they sold me last phone so I hope that they did not send me faulty or used phone. It will be here in few days. I will write review later.
    Yes, I advertise all those sites with chinnese phones with stock in europe and they send me free phone everyday :)

presuki wrote: »
    I had a bad experience with Geekvida recently. I tried to buy an Elephone p6000 during happy hour for €149.99 but the price increased to €169.99 (after I had confirmed a payment of €149.99 on paypal.com).

I asked for a refund as the page stated that sometimes the price goes up even though the happy hour price is still shown & if this happens they will offer a full refund.

We had a few emails back and forth with them claiming that they had issued a refund when they hadn't. I ended up having to wait the 7 working day period required before filing a complaint with paypal. Paypal have sorted the refund finally, but it took a lot of my time to do it all, so beware!
    Also I had same problem, when I came to paypal page to pay the phone, they sent me back to geekvida.de page to confirm address again and to agree with T&C, and after that I clik on jetz kaufen and they sent me to paypal page and everything was ok. Also they gave me tracking no. for dhl. Maybe it was problem because you used translator. I did not use translator, I understand german language. I know that it was big risk, because you had very bad expirience with them.
    But I tried, because I knew that paypal will refund my money, if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thanks for the info, what don't you like about the p6000? I'm not decided on any model yet, so it'd be good to know!

Screen will always be manky, battery isnt great either and has a problem where once its full on charge it depletes even if the charger is plugged in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Aw lads what will I buy, ive followed this thread for ages and still cant pick the right phone. I bought an iocean x7 hd last year, died after 5 months. I bought 2 inew v3 phones for the kids and apart from one being smashed the other still working fine, but not the phone for me. Anyway I really like my friends Samsung Galaxy Note 2 but cant afford one of them.

Anyone want to help me with a near match from the Chinese market?

Budget €100 - €130

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Aw lads what will I buy, ive followed this thread for ages and still cant pick the right phone. I bought an iocean x7 hd last year, died after 5 months. I bought 2 inew v3 phones for the kids and apart from one being smashed the other still working fine, but not the phone for me. Anyway I really like my friends Samsung Galaxy Note 2 but cant afford one of them.

Anyone want to help me with a near match from the Chinese market?

No budget, therefore, OnePlus One.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

In the alternative, there are a few pretty daycent 5.5" MT6752 devices around at the moment; Lenovo K3 Note, Meizu M1 Note, Jiayu J3 to name 3. Not as good as the One plus One, but you could pick one up for a good bit less.

Yeah I was just editing and the phone rang, budget in now, out of my price bracket this one I'm afraid

corwill wrote: »
    In the alternative, there are a few pretty daycent 5.5" MT6752 devices around at the moment; Lenovo K3 Note, Meizu M1 Note, Jiayu J3 to name 3. Not as good as the One plus One, but you could pick one up for a good bit less.

Thanks Corwill, I particularly like the lenovao k3 out of those. I might wait a couple of weeks to see if the euro improves. I never even seen that phone before so thanks for headsup.

Yeah I was just editing and the phone rang, budget in now, out of my price bracket this one I'm afraid
    You can take Thl t6 pro on amazon.co.uk My friend has this phone about 3 months and he likes this phone very much.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/THL-Waterproof-Smartphone-Multi-Touch-Capacitive/dp/B00Q2B078G/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1429728418&sr=1-3&keywords=thl+t6+pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thanks Corwill, I particularly like the lenovao k3 out of those. I might wait a couple of weeks to see if the euro improves. I never even seen that phone before so thanks for headsup.

If it's a 5.5" you're after, the Lenovo K3 Note is a good pick. There's also a 5" Lenovo K3 (nb - not Note), which looks like a decent entry level option.

Not a lot in the way of reviews online for either, though, I'm judging the K3 Note from specs and the reputations of both the chipset and Lenovo.

I bought THL 4400(with big battery 4400mah) for 102e :p on german site and in china this phone cost around 140e. I am very glad for such good price. Only they sold me last phone so I hope that they did not send me faulty or used phone. It will be here in few days. I will write review later.
    Yes, I advertise all those sites with chinnese phones with stock in europe and they send me free phone everyday :)

Enjoy the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 presuki

Enjoy the ban.

I did get a pm from that user saying that he knew someone in geekvida.it that could help me, an Italian student on exchange in China, was a bit suspect..

Hes admitted he was a shill a few posts ago.

I knew something was up a couple of weeks ago with him, he had too many "bargains" to post about.
    I've reported him to a mod so expect him to be dealt with fairly soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You and Eamon should become a ragtag team of detectives Rossie :D

I did get a pm from that user saying that he knew someone in geekvida.it that could help me, an Italian student on exchange in China, was a bit suspect..
    yes I talk with him on their facebook page about some phones. He is croatian and he speaks my language. I wanted to help you, because I gave you their site and you had problems after. Probablyy you are jeleus, because I bought phone for great price in Happpy hour, and you did't. Whole Spain use this site, and only you had problem with them.

Hes admitted he was a shill a few posts ago.

I knew something was up a couple of weeks ago with him, he had too many "bargains" to post about.
    I've reported him to a mod so expect him to be dealt with fairly soon.
    They will ban you, because you attack people without reason. Are you retired police detective? They should return you to job immediately;)

I find the easy ones. You should see the work Eamonn puts in researching.
    Wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

There not even good shills, at least try and hide what you're doing.

I find the easy ones. You should see the work Eamonn puts in researching.
    Wouldn't want to get on his bad side.

There not even good shills, at least try and hide what you're doing.
    You don't understand anything? Who will give you free phones everyday because you write something on forum? you've lost touch with reality totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

eamonnq wrote: »
    Are you connected to them in any way ??
    no, but I got phone yeasterday for 102 e in germany, and that phone cost in china 140e. so I think, it is better to buy phone in europe then in china. I hope that they sent me new and unused phone.
    yes I talk with him on their facebook page about some phones. He is croatian and he speaks my language. I wanted to help you, because I gave you their site and you had problems after. Probablyy you are jeleus, because I bought phone for great price in Happpy hour, and you did't. Whole Spain use this site, and only you had problem with them.

I only asked a simple question and the guy answered it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

You don't understand anything? Who will give you free phones everyday because you write something on forum? you've lost touch with reality totally.

Actually you may well work for the site so make money when someone buys from it, I believe that this is the accusation

You are totally budaletina, that was joke, because This peder rossieman started to attack me without reason.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately what is happening on the threads like this one is that the shills are actually having the effect of causing people to lose out on the best bargains from the better sellers, as with the amount of stuff being posted about the different sites it is almost impossible for anyone to make a informed decision.

Am reluctant to even post links to particular sites anymore, and there seems to be a shortage of links from a few other 'regulars' as well.

Actually you may well work for the site so make money when someone buys from it, I believe that this is the accusation

I have not made any accusation against anyone, I have only asked a simple question and the guy answered it
    You are totally budaletina, that was joke, because This peder rossieman started to attack me without reason.

Like I said, I only asked a simple question and you answered it.

I take it that 'budaletina' is less than complimentary though, as I am not familiar with the word.

Edit: Found it: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/budaletina

No way. I just wanted to help to people to buy chep china phones in europe. You dont use those sites, because you dont understand another languages for example german or spanish. UnitedIrishman asked about china phone from european warehouse, and gave him few sites. Last time I gave amazon liink for the phone. You think that amazon uk will give me money for that?

You have contact with pandawill. That's enough for me to decide your opinion in invalid. Don't post "bargains" in here if you've something to gain from it. You've linked dozens of posts to geekvida over the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I have not made any accusation against anyone, I have only asked a simple question and the guy answered it

I was talking about Rossie saying he reported Bondja and I think Bondja is legit as well btw

You have contact with pandawill. That's enough for me to decide your opinion in invalid. Don't post "bargains" in here if you've something to gain from it. You've linked dozens of posts to geekvida over the past couple of weeks.
    No, I have linked only 2 happy hour sales from geekvida,and one phone sale from collicool, and about pandawill I asked only about import duty insurance, to find out is it false or true. And you are suspicious because I posted 2 offers from amazon.it on bargain alerts. there is no difference if you buy from amazon uk, it, de fr es, everywhere you have same rights as customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Since when did you become a mod? You're not too bad at digging up bargains yourself and no-one questions it.

• Advertisement

Since when did you become a mod? You're not too bad at digging up bargains yourself and no-one questions it.
    Yes, he think that is owner of this site. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement