Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Yeah I'll sell it if anyone wants it, send me a PM, I have 2 screen protector things I got with it if anyone wants those too,

Google play store is pre installed and works, I checked with an app and my G3S came pre rooted so the others might be rooted too,

Its my first Android phone and like it so far but there is a few things I don't like about it like the Jiayu icons and theme, I had changed it to how normal android looks with nova launcher, I don't know how to turn off the vibrating when the buttons on the bottom bar are pressed, although I like the back lit buttons and the screen is really nice, I don't have a memory card for it yet either
    Its huge compared to the phone I was using before this (SE K530i)

Pics

DSCF3384_zpsf6f0ed12.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww107/bluestripe93/DSCF3378_zpsa5e2227a.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww107/bluestripe93/DSCF3376_zpsf1579fba.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww107/bluestripe93/DSCF3377_zpsaf5ef3af.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww107/bluestripe93/DSCF3385_zpse5132e95.jpg

http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww107/bluestripe93/DSCF3382_zpse19f461d.jpg
    What are ya selling ? What site did you buy it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

MJ434 wrote: »
    What are ya selling ? What site did you buy it off

I sold a spare cover, not selling the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

What site did you buy it off?

I have not bought it yet. But there are various websites, if you go back a couple of pages there are a couple mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

going to go for the g4, need a bigger screen (And i thought 5.0" would be too big).

Going to sell my g3s. not touched the screen as i put a protector as soon as i took the original screen plastic on.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

Have a g2s on stock rom but want to update it can anyone point me in the direction of an up to date rom possibly one they've used? All i can find are android 4.1.2 roms which is what its running at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭shteve

I've been looking at the G3s and the G4 online. The advanced looks an animal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

seannash wrote: »
    for that sort of money you want 2gb ram

Could you recommend any alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Rochey18 wrote: »
    The G4 is another to consider. Also have been good reviews of lenovo phones.
    I was going to get the HTC One, but decided to order the Jiayu G3s this weekend.

Going for that ahead of the G4 because of price and look of the phone.
    whilst its a nice phone the g3s is a lot more plastic looking than in the pictures you see online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Looking to get a new phone soon.. Looking at the G3S, Is there any better model/make with better specs etc.. out since this thread begun!.. Will DHL charge you import duty?

Ordered my G3s off Mixeshop and got a €26.11 import duty bill off DHL.

This is my first android, I've had it for about two weeks and am loving it.
    Although, I am having a strange problem with my touchscreen. It randomly 'ghost touches' on different parts of my screen, usually when dialing a number or in the app menu. Only solutions I found online were put 'Force GPU rendering on' and bake it in an oven. I've tried the former and am definitely not willing to try the latter.
    I don't think this was happening at first and I may be mistaken but i think it's getting worse as time goes on. I'm hoping it's just a dodgy screen protector and am going to try some new ones instead.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Get rid of the screen protector and just enjoy the g3s screen. I will never understand why people pay such money for a stylish phone with great screen, then cover it in plastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Jiayu G4 Advanced in stock here if anyone is interested http://www.etotalk.com/jiayu-g4-advanced-32g_p3932.html

Nope, that site always says they have stock. Scroll down to the comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SimmerDean

yeah the g4 advanced won't be in stock for most sites and they'll tell you to order first as they only get in a few every few days and send them out. I emailed mixeshop asking? 'Is the JIAYU JY-G4 2G RAM 32G ROM in stock at the moment? Or do I have to wait for it to come into stock?'
    the reply (if you can make sense of it):
    'hi sir
    right now have to waiting some time ,for this model just arrived few piece after some day again and again ,so you have to order first
    for the goods also send one by one
    Thanks
    tina'

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Best-affordable-1080p-quad-core-phones_id44018#2-Zopo-C2---249.99 What would be the best phone out of the 3 listed . 1. Umi X2 2.Zopo C2 3.GooPhone X7 ... Dont really like the look of the Jiayu's as there too thick and plastic looking..any other makes?Looking for quad core, below 10mm thick and 4-5" screen. Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Spipov wrote: »
    going to go for the g4, need a bigger screen (And i thought 5.0" would be too big).

Going to sell my g3s. not touched the screen as i put a protector as soon as i took the original screen plastic on.

How much? Mate of mine is looking for a upgrade on his Galaxy s2?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭BullBauld

BullBauld wrote: »
    Got an email saying my order has shipped and got DHL tracking number. So pressure off!

Phone has left facility in Hong Kong!

Hopefully avoids any customs.

bidiots wrote: »
    Get rid of the screen protector and just enjoy the g3s screen. I will never understand why people pay such money for a stylish phone with great screen, then cover it in plastic...

Well my protector already has quite a hefty amount of scratches.. How resistant is the Gorilla glass on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Very, a million times more than the screen protectors, Ive had mine for 6 months and there isnt a nick on it even though its fallen off my bike and bounced along the road, down stairs, sat on, carried with keys etc, Gorilla Glass seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Thargor wrote: »
    Very, a million times more than the screen protectors, Ive had mine for 6 months and there isnt a nick on it even though its fallen off my bike and bounced along the road, down stairs, sat on, carried with keys etc, Gorilla Glass seems to work.

Same, and have had it since January. I busted the back but that was my own doing, by having to remove the battery every time I bricked a Rom..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Bought my phone Star b93m in January.

Today the apps couldnt be entered, then this evening it wouldnt connect to data to make calls or texts. It wont recognise the sim card either (works in other phone).

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Well my protector already has quite a hefty amount of scratches.. How resistant is the Gorilla glass on it?

Had my g2s for 6months, no covers or screen protectors...not a scratch anywhere...

[quote="Thargor;85780021 a million times more than the screen protectors, Ive had mine for 6 months and there isnt a nick on it even though its fallen off my bike and bounced along the road, down stairs, sat on, carried with keys etc, Gorilla Glass seems to work.[/quote]

Ahh brilliant! I didn't realise.

There's another problem I'm having, the keyboard takes up half the screen when writing something say on boards and it would cover the 'post' button

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ahh brilliant! I didn't realise.

There's another problem I'm having, the keyboard takes up half the screen when writing something say on boards and it would cover the 'post' button

I have this problem too. It only seems to affect the stock browser for me and changing the keyboard doesn't make a difference. I switched my browser to Chrome and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭pockets3d

Looking to buy the g3s (or should i just wait on g4 ? not really power user, only moving up from gingerbread actually)
    Wheres the best place to buy one?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/JIAYU-G3S-4-5-IPS-Retina-Screen-4-Core-3G-GPS-Android-4-2-Smartphone-/221256802849?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3383eee221

This seems like a good price with free P&P, i know it will take a few weeks coming from china, but what are the odds I would have to pay custom charges ?

pockets3d wrote: »
    Looking to buy the g3s (or should i just wait on g4 ? not really power user, only moving up from gingerbread actually)
    Wheres the best place to buy one?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/JIAYU-G3S-4-5-IPS-Retina-Screen-4-Core-3G-GPS-Android-4-2-Smartphone-/221256802849?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3383eee221

This seems like a good price with free P&P, i know it will take a few weeks coming from china, but what are the odds I would have to pay custom charges ?

Paid €179 on Hongkongeek which includes DHL delivery.

My delivery left Hongkong yesterday morning and arrived in Dublin this morning so actually very quick delivery.

Not sure if I cleared customs yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

it will have a note with customs on it. if its arrived this am, there is actually a chance it might get delivered if customs dont get their grubby hands on it.

mine was updated 830 am that it was on the truck.

however, usually when it gets to dublin it says Customs notified or something like this.

• Advertisement

Yeah at 5am the customs status was updated (whatever that means) and was with delivery courier at 8am.

Getting someone to sign for it is now the issue!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement