Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Em not sure with Delivery it was 180.

you go for a a830 again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

seanin4711 wrote: »
    you go for a a830 again?

Same one just got billed today :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

so my item was in beijing airport on the 21st so does that mean i should have it early next week or will it just be in a warehouse for god knows how long. it says something else on the tracking website but, quite frankly my chinese is terrible :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

so my item was in beijing airport on the 21st so does that mean i should have it early next week or will it just be in a warehouse for god knows how long. it says something else on the tracking website but, quite frankly my chinese is terrible :P

what courier is it?

also.. [why is the thread title in brackets?]

spix wrote: »
    what courier is it?

also.. [why is the thread title in brackets?]

[customs officials are confused by brackets]

china post :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

Putting my silver g3s up for sale. Need something with bigger screen. Its been very reliable for the 1 month ive had it..

Very happy withnwhat the chinese have come up with... Good progress.

youre about 2 weeks too late for me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Davy wrote: »
    I'm not mad on it either, but don't think anything will please everyone
    Just Chinese Android Phones will do I think, no square brackets either please :D

Spipov wrote: »
    Putting my silver g3s up for sale. Need something with bigger screen. Its been very reliable for the 1 month ive had it..

Very happy withnwhat the chinese have come up with... Good progress.

Get the Lenovo A830 great phone.

Get the Lenovo A830 great phone.

thanks mick.

ive realised i dont need 2 sims anymore (turned out once i gave my main number to work, they never gave me the chance to give the 2nd, therefore, im stuck now).

Im thinking ill go to a samsung s3 or nexus 4 again - if anyone wants to swap, try me!! (+ill add cash)

• Advertisement

thanks mick.

ive realised i dont need 2 sims anymore (turned out once i gave my main number to work, they never gave me the chance to give the 2nd, therefore, im stuck now).

Im thinking ill go to a samsung s3 or nexus 4 again - if anyone wants to swap, try me!! (+ill add cash)

Ill say it to my friend again about your phone he's still looking.

ah, thatd be great. price has gone down as well, obviously!!

ah, thatd be great. price has gone down as well, obviously!!

Text him there, hes got a mental sleeping pattern so ill get back asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have to say I'm very impressed with the G3S (for the money) I have a Nexus 4 but I bought that for the missus bday today....

I updated the software before giving it to her and I much prefer the newer software from the older one from the brief play I had with it...

She didn't want a 5 inch screen so that was the best 4.5 inch option I thought...

Haven't checked the dreaded GPS though yet... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Fieldog wrote: »
    Have to say I'm very impressed with the G3S (for the money) I have a Nexus 4 but I bought that for the missus bday today....

I updated the software before giving it to her and I much prefer the newer software from the older one from the brief play I had with it...

She didn't want a 5 inch screen so that was the best 4.5 inch option I thought...

Haven't checked the dreaded GPS though yet... :-)

GPS doesn't seem too bad if you turn on A-GPS and EPO, and use something like FasterGPS to change the NTP server to something more local.

GPS doesn't seem too bad if you turn on A-GPS and EPO, and use something like FasterGPS to change the NTP server to something more local.

Will do alright, how you finding the phone otherwise?

Have you updated the software since ya got it?

http://www.jiayu.es/software.php?soft&jiayu=G3QCT

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Fieldog wrote: »
    Will do alright, how you finding the phone otherwise?

Have you updated the software since ya got it?

http://www.jiayu.es/software.php?soft&jiayu=G3QCT

I got the G2S but I think the GPS fix applies to the G3/G3S. I did the update, don't like the new JIAYU launcher, preferred the way it was. Haven't noticed much difference apart from that.

They're amazing phones for the price. The camera isn't great (still usable though), and of course the GPS isn't fantastic but apart from that I love it. The dual SIM is very handy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Considering buying the Acer Liquid E2.

I'm somewhat confused though as I see people have said it has no expandable memory, yet it's listed here & here as having support for up to 32gb MicroSD?

Also if making suggestions/offering opinions, bear in mind I'll be coming from a LG GT540 :o

KonFusion wrote: »

I'm somewhat confused though as I see people have said it has no expandable memory, yet it's listed here & here as having support for up to 32gb MicroSD?

Also if making suggestions/offering opinions, bear in mind I'll be coming from a LG GT540 :o

Theres a thread in the bargain alerts section, im on my phone so cant link it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Theres a thread in the bargain alerts section, im on my phone so cant link it.

Thanks, I know the thread. I'm just confused over people saying it has no expandable memory?

• Advertisement

Thanks, I know the thread. I'm just confused over people saying it has no expandable memory?

My gf had an Acer Liquid the last few years, it was a decent phone at the time (bout 3 Xmas ago!) but there was a very small hacking community for the phone compared to other brands I have found, actually think the gt540 had a better community tbh....

Something to bear in mind if you like tinkering with phones, if this phone is more popular hopefully I would be proved wrong.... :-)

I'm not sure if this one you linked has expandable memory but it should do - her old one had a whopping 150mb internal memory and she struggled daily using app2sd on it, got her the G3S today and she loves it so far - if GPS is a big thing for you though I would probably avoid it tbh, any MK processor phone seems to be plagued with cr@p GPS....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Which site is the best place to get the G3S?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Tech3 wrote: »
    Which site is the best place to get the G3S?

I'd buy from aliexpress as its very safe and almost always the cheapest since there's so many different sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭geecee

I ordered a G3ST (Turbo = quad 1.5 GHz Processor versus the quad 1.2Ghz in the G3s)from Aliexpress last night...

As spix says they definately have the cheapest options
    Mine was €142 including DHL delivery

geecee wrote: »
    I ordered a G3ST (Turbo = quad 1.5 GHz Processor versus the quad 1.2Ghz in the G3s)from Aliexpress last night...

As spix says they definately have the cheapest options
    Mine was €142 including DHL delivery

Wow thats cheap, ive seen them go for around 170 before delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Add another 40 for customs though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I have to agree with the other people saying that the new name is terrible, it would put you off before you even started looking,
    It should just be

"Chinese Android Smartphones"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Remember that's € not $. Makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

I’m looking for a dual sim android at the moment as well. This is the link to the Acer thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056992918&page=8

Would this be the best value dual sim or is there better to be had in this thread ?

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    I’m looking for a dual sim android at the moment as well. This is the link to the Acer thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056992918&page=8

Would this be the best value dual sim or is there better to be had in this thread ?

Theres a few, what size are you looking for?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement