Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

JackD9922 wrote: »
    Do ye guys have your chinese androids rooted or not??

Mine is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Generally they all can but worth searching for make/model root before you buy, handy to root them as you can delete all the Chinese bloatware that comes on them.

Google Play is always on them aswell to the guy who asked on the previous page.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

I'm struggling to decide between buying the new ZOPO ZP990 or the Nexus 4
    Any opinions on which is best??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Guys what does rooted mean and why must i do it? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Same as jailbreaking an iPhone, you're gaining root access to the phone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting

Wish they'd just get it over with and started making them rooted straight from the factory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Thargor wrote: »
    Same as jailbreaking an iPhone, you're gaining root access to the phone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_rooting

Wish they'd just get it over with and started making them rooted straight from the factory.

Ah sure where's the fun in that:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

JackD9922 wrote: »
    Do ye guys have your chinese androids rooted or not??

Yep, bought it rooted though and the only reason for doing that was to make sure I did not get a DOA unit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks.

Which phone do you think is better value? The Lenovo P770, or the JIAYU G3T. I like the sound of the bigger battery in the Lenovo, and the Jiayu has a higher screen resolution, but are there other considerations I need to think about? Also, will both these phones work properly on Irish mobile networks such as Three. Also, should I buy a second battery off the bat, or grab one later to avoid paying customs on it. Finally, how long will it take to arrive using free post? Should I fork out for postage? Thanks everybody for you help. :)

EDIT: I just realised the option to buy a second battery on merimobiles.com links to a generic one. Won't be doing that anyway.

EDIT: Do both these phones come with access to the Google Play Store?

The jiayu g3t has a better camera and is quad core.

Thanks.

Which phone do you think is better value? The Lenovo P770, or the JIAYU G3T. I like the sound of the bigger battery in the Lenovo, and the Jiayu has a higher screen resolution, but are there other considerations I need to think about? Also, will both these phones work properly on Irish mobile networks such as Three. Also, should I buy a second battery off the bat, or grab one later to avoid paying customs on it. Finally, how long will it take to arrive using free post? Should I fork out for postage? Thanks everybody for you help. :)

EDIT: I just realised the option to buy a second battery on merimobiles.com links to a generic one. Won't be doing that anyway.

EDIT: Do both these phones come with access to the Google Play Store?

The jiayu-g3t has a better camera and is quad core.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bobby_D

Anyone selling a chinese brand phone i lost my g2s over the weekend :(

• Advertisement

Bobby_D wrote: »
    Anyone selling a chinese brand phone i lost my g2s over the weekend :(

I might let my lenovo go..... even though I'm using it More than my nexus sincei got it

bidiots wrote: »
    I might let my lenovo go..... even though I'm using it More than my nexus sincei got it

Which lenovo is it? And how would you be looking for it if you were to let it go?

Which lenovo is it? And how would you be looking for it if you were to let it go?

Just check through my posts, I gave a review on it... you can have it for cost, I can show you paypal receipt for proof

The p770 ? Just seen a post there saying you got it for 160? Is that what your looking for it so?

The p770 ? Just seen a post there saying you got it for 160? Is that what your looking for it so?

I normally play with them for a month and then pass them on again and try another, but if you are stuck you can have it for 150 and collect or cover post...

Edit... this is a fellow boardsie offer only :-)

I normally play with them for a month and then pass them on again and try another, but if you are stuck you can have it for 150 and collect or cover post...

Edit... this is a fellow boardsie offer only :-)

Thats really sound I'll pm you now

Anyone in dublin got a chinese phone for sale i could pick up tomorrow? Thanks anyway bidiots

Anyone in dublin got a chinese phone for sale i could pick up tomorrow? Thanks anyway bidiots

No prob, hope you get sorted

Jesus, my lenovo has become popular Bobby, it will be gone by tomorrow so I hope you are sorted. At this stage I would only have a Samsung Cobble if you're still stuck;)

Anyone know if there are flip cases available for the Lenovo?

• Advertisement

Jesus, my lenovo has become popular Bobby, it will be gone by tomorrow so I hope you are sorted. At this stage I would only have a Samsung Cobble if you're still stuck;)

I have a cobble here, the batterys held in with selotape its killing me haha if I cant sort something half decent today I think i'll hold out for a few days and order the g3st. Worst part about all this is i have 529 set aside to buy the girlfriend a htc one for her birthday yet had to sell my telly to get money for a phone for myself :o

The cobble is like an ant....after WW3 ants and cobbles will be the only thing remaining on the earth!
    If you could get you hands on the Nexus 4 now that it can be got for 200, would be another good option...I paid a lot more for mine a while back!

The cobble is like an ant....after WW3 ants and cobbles will be the only thing remaining on the earth!
    If you could get you hands on the Nexus 4 now that it can be got for 200, would be another good option...I paid a lot more for mine a while back!

Along with the nokia 3310. Yeah I seen they dropped the price there a while back but then that means nexus 5 only around the corner so do you buy now or wait. Just going to hope I can pick something up today. Fingers crossed anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this?

http://www.merimobiles.com/zte-nubia-z5-mini-qualcomm-snapdragon-600-4-7-inch-hd-8mp-2gb-ram-nfc_p/meri7765.htm

not the cheapest but I have a ZTE and like the brand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

make sure it has 1gb of internal memory 512 does not run android well and ips
    screen

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/aug/16/china-smartphone-makers-catching-apple-samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

boarsboard wrote: »
    make sure it has 1gb of internal memory 512 does not run android well and ips
    screen

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/aug/16/china-smartphone-makers-catching-apple-samsung

It's 2gb RAM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I have a cobble here, the batterys held in with selotape its killing me haha if I cant sort something half decent today I think i'll hold out for a few days and order the g3st. Worst part about all this is i have 529 set aside to buy the girlfriend a htc one for her birthday yet had to sell my telly to get money for a phone for myself :o

Dump her! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dinorebel wrote: »
    Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this?

http://www.merimobiles.com/zte-nubia-z5-mini-qualcomm-snapdragon-600-4-7-inch-hd-8mp-2gb-ram-nfc_p/meri7765.htm

not the cheapest but I have a ZTE and like the brand.

Same (or very similar at least) specs to the Nexus 4 apart from the dual sim and micro sd support. I'd get the nexus, it's a bit cheaper, no risk of getting him by customs which would increase the price of the ZTE by about 25-30% and will get regular updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

boarsboard wrote: »

Some of those comments... You'd swear they didn't know 90% of their stuff comes from China. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

so my Jaiyu g3s came yesterday. it was rooted even though i didn't pay for it and i didn't get charged by customs so far so good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement