Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

This phone is going through the wall it just wont let me install GAPPS at all :mad:

When you say phone....you don't mean the jiayu-jyg4 by any chance, do you?
    (Finger on the "Cancel Order" button!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Panthro wrote: »
    When you say phone....you don't mean the jiayu-jyg4 by any chance, do you?
    (Finger on the "Cancel Order" button!)

Nope my Lenovo A830 great phone but I cant get Google stuff back on it after it updated.

Nope my Lenovo A830 great phone but I cant get Google stuff back on it after it updated.

(sigh of relief!)

Aww shyte man, I'd love to be able to offer you advice, but I'm a bit of noob when it comes to phone!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Anyone have any idea how long orders from Mixeshop usually take? Ordered a phone on Wednesday money has been taken out of my account but its still stuck on processing. Is it usual for them to take a few days to process orders?

I can be totally off but would flashing a ROM like this for example not work.
    http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-a830-4-2-2-jopd/

Would the Google stuff not be included in the Stock 4.2.2 apps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

phunks wrote: »
    I can be totally off but would flashing a ROM like this for example not work.
    http://www.needrom.com/mobile/lenovo-a830-4-2-2-jopd/

Would the Google stuff not be included in the Stock 4.2.2 apps?

Im awful at flashing manually never seems to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Ordered THL 100 a week or so tru Amazon and was a little surprised to see it arrived in my parcel motel this morning. First impressions very good. Lovely clear screen good looking camera connects to everything etc. Came with 2 batteries 2 cases earphones etc.
    Gotta say I'm well chuffed....in comparison with what I could have gotten for similar money off O2 I'm well pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Ordered THL 100 a week or so tru Amazon and was a little surprised to see it arrived in my parcel motel this morning. First impressions very good. Lovely clear screen good looking camera connects to everything etc. Came with 2 batteries 2 cases earphones etc.
    Gotta say I'm well chuffed....in comparison with what I could have gotten for similar money off O2 I'm well pleased.

Can you tell me a few things please as i'm sat here just about to order the same phone from Amazon, It seems a great phone for the money.
    did you get your choice of colour,
    did you have to pay any extra for shipping,
    did you have to pay customs,
    what is the screen like ?
    and would you be able to give the full price to land it here,

Really sorry for all the question but i'm here ready to order and your info would help me decide.

Thanks..

I paid 120 sterling which had free UK delivery and I used parcel motel. Seller said all duty covered in sales page. I rooted about and colour was grey on page I saw. Received a black phone. I only saw pictures of black or white on various pages.

To me screen looks very good not sure on specs etc others might be able to compare it with other units

phunks wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how long orders from Mixeshop usually take? Ordered a phone on Wednesday money has been taken out of my account but its still stuck on processing. Is it usual for them to take a few days to process orders?

I ordered one last night, checked there and its still "processing"
    Wonder will it hardly be here by next Friday (birthday gift to me!)
    Ordered through DHL delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 The Predator

Do all these phones with android 4.2 support miracast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

pajopearl wrote: »
    Is there a difference between the MTK6589 and the MTK6589T as regards GPS functionality?

Yes, the T appears to be far superior.

I ordered one last night, checked there and its still "processing"
    Wonder will it hardly be here by next Friday (birthday gift to me!)
    Ordered through DHL delivery

Usually takes a few days to process, but once DHL have it by Tuesday, there is a good chance you will have it Friday (or before), but DHL will most likely be looking to collect customs fees.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Usually takes a few days to process, but once DHL have it by Tuesday, there is a good chance you will have it Friday (or before), but DHL will most likely be looking to collect customs fees.

That would be lovely. I've been without a phone since last Friday (I got robbed by two lovely scumbags...frickin' Sony Xperia P...loved it) so I can go another few days. Looked at nearly every review about the G4 at this stage, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Glad I checked here before ordering. I'd probably have ordered a 6577, just I hate the idea of paying the same money for a dual core as a quad core phone. I'll prob look more closely at the MTK6589T's now.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I paid 120 sterling which had free UK delivery and I used parcel motel. Seller said all duty covered in sales page. I rooted about and colour was grey on page I saw. Received a black phone. I only saw pictures of black or white on various pages.

To me screen looks very good not sure on specs etc others might be able to compare it with other units

Who was the particular vendor on Amazon? Must have a look see what they're offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Who was the particular vendor on Amazon? Must have a look see what they're offering.

Here's a link. http://www.amazon.co.uk/W100-Smartphone-MTK6589-Android-Screen/dp/B00E94PRTM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1381623363&sr=8-2&keywords=THL+100

There's 7 left. There's only 1 review and its a bad one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

That review is irrelevant really.
    It's a brilliant phone. So quick and responsive because of the quad core.
    Friend bought one recently and thinks it's great!
    Cant't go wrong I'd say.

That review is irrelevant really.
    It's a brilliant phone. So quick and responsive because of the quad core.
    Friend bought one recently and thinks it's great!
    Cant't go wrong I'd say.

The sat-nav function will be a problem with that phone, if you don't intend using the sat-nav function you should be ok.

That would be lovely. I've been without a phone since last Friday (I got robbed by two lovely scumbags...frickin' Sony Xperia P...loved it) so I can go another few days. Looked at nearly every review about the G4 at this stage, can't wait!

I would have avoided that phone if I was you, but hopefully you will get a good one!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

The sat-nav function will be a problem with that phone, if you don't intend using the sat-nav function you should be ok.

I heard that. Why is this!
    I used mine in Dublin recently. Worked perfectly.

I would have avoided that phone if I was you, but hopefully you will get a good one!!

Any reason why? I have just ordered one myself. The early ones did have a problem with the camera refocusing but by the looks of it that's all sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TokenWhite

I'm in the market for a good quality, affordable smartphone and was looking at buying this one. Thinking of going for the "elite bundle" at €212. I haven't much knowledge when it comes to smartphones so was hoping for opinion of someone that might know a bit more about it. Is this a good deal? I'll probably be using the phone mainly for news apps, taking video/pictures, surfing the web, youtube, etc.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/iocean-X7-MTK6589T-2GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-quad-core-smart-phone-5-inch-FHD1920x1080pixel-Android-4/982419155.html

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

TokenWhite wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a good quality, affordable smartphone and was looking at buying this one. Thinking of going for the "elite bundle" at €212. I haven't much knowledge when it comes to smartphones so was hoping for opinion of someone that might know a bit more about it. Is this a good deal? I'll probably be using the phone mainly for news apps, taking video/pictures, surfing the web, youtube, etc.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/iocean-X7-MTK6589T-2GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-quad-core-smart-phone-5-inch-FHD1920x1080pixel-Android-4/982419155.html

Im also interested in the phone, particularly if i could get a review from someone who has purchased it. I hear that some models of the MTK6589T suffer GPS issues. I found this review...

http://multicorechina.com/iocean-x7-elite-review/

I heard that. Why is this!
    I used mine in Dublin recently. Worked perfectly.

I think you can 'get lucky' with them but generally the MTK5689 chip phones have problems with locking on and holding a GPS fix. There are various 'fixes' :rolleyes:, that have been going around for a while, but if you leave the phone on a flat surface outside, and use the googles maps navigation, just see if the blue dot/arrow drifts (and if it does how far does it drift).

DracoTec

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

I think you can 'get lucky' with them but generally the MTK5689 chip phones have problems with locking on and holding a GPS fix. There are various 'fixes' :rolleyes:, that have been going around for a while, but if you leave the phone on a flat surface outside, and ui se the googles maps navigation, just see if the blue dot/arrow drifts (and if it does how far does it drift).

i understand that the MTK6589 chip has this issue. Does the later MTK6589T chip imp?rove the gps issue?

I bought a Jiayu G4 basic when they launched a few months back, and my friend is interested in one now. I recommended the advanced version with turbo processor here off Mixeshop as its the cheapest:

http://www.mixeshop.com/jiayu-jyg4-thickbattery-2g-ram-32g-rom-mtk6589t-15ghz-quad-core-47-inch-hd-ips-retina-screen-android-42-13mp-camera-gyroscope-smartphone_p2594.html

However does anyone know if they come rooted from Mixeshop, and if not does it need to be rooted to access the play store?

Any recommendations of other shops cheaper or similarly priced (Must be the advanced version with turbo processor)

Hey, just to update you. Received the phone yesterday for my friend. Only took 2 days once it was shipped. Was caught for customs for about €30. She hasn't the chance to try the GPS yet. If you have any other questions let me know. :)

Hey, just to update you. Received the phone yesterday for my friend. Only took 2 days once it was shipped. Was caught for customs for about €30. She hasn't the chance to try the GPS yet. If you have any other questions let me know. :)

quick question, did you order from Mixeshop?
    Can I've a rundown on the timeline (what date you order, what date it arrived?)
    I've ordered the G4 too, and am very interested to hear more about it!

• Advertisement

Is there a difference between the MTK6589 and the MTK6589T as regards GPS functionality?

Yes, the T seems to be much better!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement