Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

BroLo wrote: »
    Did you use the MOE code for a discount?

Nope ah I dont mind tbh ill be selling my Lenovo for near enough 150

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Nope ah I dont mind tbh ill be selling my Lenovo for near enough 150

Just to get it below 150 for customs, but if you're not bothered sure work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Did you use the MOE code for a discount?

Can i ask what the MOE code is?

Just to get it below 150 for customs, but if you're not bothered sure work away.
    wawaman wrote: »
    Can i ask what the MOE code is?

Well I dont even know what it is so couldnt have known :pac: so im in with wawaman here in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

whats the significance of €150? I thought €30 was the threshold...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

loyatemu wrote: »
    whats the significance of €150? I thought €30 was the threshold...

MOE is a 4% discount I think.

And €150 is the limit for full customs. According to the revenue website.

€26 roughly is the limit for VAT. Basically and VAT amounting to €6 or less is not collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Think I'm going to take a punt on the THL W100, just to keep me going until I upgrade properly. Merimobiles seem to have it for the cheapest (just over €100) but now I'm torn about how I want it delivered. Saw some people say they were getting caught by customs when using DHL and ideally I'd like to avoid that but they're also by far the fastest (EMS charging the same price but being 3 days slower). :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

keep in mind it's 850MHz and not European 900MHz

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    keep in mind it's 850MHz and not European 900MHz

Isn't 900Mhz only used for 3G? TBH I rarely use data on my phone these days.

Lol the guy I wouldnt buy the Thl sent me a message saying the Jiayu is too chunky it doesnt have the same specs and will break, some mobile cry babys out there lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Isn't 900Mhz only used for 3G? TBH I rarely use data on my phone these days.

fair enough, it would be a deal breaker for me though

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    fair enough, it would be a deal breaker for me though

Well I'm assuming the 2100Mhz band will work 3G signal or do I need both? Either way I'm not pushed, as I said it's only an interim phone until I upgrade properly.

Real decision is whether or not I want to chance DHL as the delivery company, based on the last few pages a lot of people are getting caught using them.

Well I'm assuming the 2100Mhz band will work 3G signal or do I need both? Either way I'm not pushed, as I said it's only an interim phone until I upgrade properly.

Real decision is whether or not I want to chance DHL as the delivery company, based on the last few pages a lot of people are getting caught using them.

2100Mhz will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Looking for a 4.7 - 5inch phone. 2gbs of ram, 32 gb and a large battery, 3000mAh
    Saw this, http://www.mixeshop.com/jiayu-jyg4-thickbattery-2g-ram-32g-rom-mtk6589t-15ghz-quad-core-47-inch-hd-ips-retina-screen-android-42-13mp-camera-gyroscope-smartphone_p2594.html

anyone any other ideas, please? thanks a mill

daytob wrote: »
    Looking for a 4.7 - 5inch phone. 2gbs of ram, 32 gb and a large battery, 3000mAh
    Saw this, http://www.mixeshop.com/jiayu-jyg4-thickbattery-2g-ram-32g-rom-mtk6589t-15ghz-quad-core-47-inch-hd-ips-retina-screen-android-42-13mp-camera-gyroscope-smartphone_p2594.html

anyone any other ideas, please? thanks a mill

No Just buy that one :pac:

Well pulled the trigger and bought a THL W100 from Merimobiles (added in a screen protector to bring it above $150 and I was able to use "Cinco" for 5% off), chose DHL delivery so I'll have it my next week fingers crossed. All in for about €120. :D

Well pulled the trigger and bought a THL W100 from Merimobiles (added in a screen protector to bring it above $150 and I was able to use "Cinco" for 5% off), chose DHL delivery so I'll have it my next week fingers crossed. All in for about €120. :D

Swear to god us boardsies should get a discount!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/iocean-X7-MTK6589T-2GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-quad-core-smart-phone-5-inch-FHD1920x1080pixel-Android-4/982419155.html

Ordered this today for a little over 210e. I've gone for express delivery so hope to get it over the next fortnight or sooner. Hope it's worth it!

I've had the iOcean X7 Elite for a while now, it's a great phone.

How do people find the Jiayu 3GS and the T model.

Swear to god us boardsies should get a discount!

You should email Merimobiles and ask. :p "Boardsie" for a 10% over €100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 DomhnallOg

Just got my Jiayu 3GS T model from merimobiles. Super phone, very responsive, picture quality superb. Customs €27.
    Got it within a week. Haven't changed the ROM yet but not worried about a couple of chinese icons.

DomhnallOg wrote: »
    Just got my Jiayu 3GS T model from merimobiles. Super phone, very responsive, picture quality superb. Customs €27.
    Got it within a week. Haven't changed the ROM yet but not worried about a couple of chinese icons.

Keep me informed :) can you post the antatu score?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

whats the difference between the g3S and the g3T?

is mixeshop the cheapest chinese website to buy these jiayu phones from?

whats the difference between the g3S and the g3T?

is mixeshop the cheapest chinese website to buy these jiayu phones from?

The T is 1.5ghz processor the normal is 1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

The T is 1.5ghz processor the normal is 1.2

and the T version does not appear to have the GPS problems so sat-nav should work perfectly also.

eamonnq wrote: »
    and the T version does not appear to have the GPS problems so sat-nav should work perfectly also.

Cool small bonus for me except I can read road signs ;)

Found out that Mixeshop are €10 than Merimobile for the W100, have sent them off a mail asking if they'll price match after purchase seeing as it hasn't shipped yet.

And the score is

And the score is

• Advertisement

And the score is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement