Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

eamonnq wrote: »
    Don't buy the MX58 Air, you could consider the MX58 PRO but the Air does not have the MTK6589T chip. The THL W200 is an excellent phone, but no gorilla glass, which the MX58 PRO does have.
    A bit late on the response, i literally just bought it, ah well haha

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Thargor wrote: »
    Micro USB, same as for all of them, thats pretty much EU law these days so most brands have moved to a micro USB port for data and charging, except Apple for some reason but even they have to include a microUSB adapter in the box. You might recieve an Asian plug with it that will require a travel adapter like the kind you see for sale in airports to turn it into a 3 pin plug but you can get USB chargers for nothing on Ebay these days, or just charge it from any USB port.
    Nice one..Thanks for the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Go into your orders on their site and cancel it, they all have a cancel function usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

i have a jiayu g3 that i have been relatively happy with, but has suffered some damge in the rough and tumble of my daily life. also the phone size is a little too large for my tastes. can anyone recommend a phone that has:

up to date specifications (quad core, 8mg rom etc)
    gorilla glass screen (or equivalent)
    not too large

is there a phone out there that meets those specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

raymann wrote: »
    i have a jiayu g3 that i have been relatively happy with, but has suffered some damge in the rough and tumble of my daily life. also the phone size is a little too large for my tastes. can anyone recommend a phone that has:

not too large

MX58 PRO maybe?

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

MX58 PRO is bigger than Jiayu

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭raymann

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    MX58 PRO is bigger than Jiayu

i just not 100% feeling these giant phones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Still no sign of my phone, merimobiles are looking into it, I better get some free **** for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Still no sign of my phone, merimobiles are looking into it, I better get some free **** for this!

Just think of all the time you have saved, by not being able to sit around playing with your new phone!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

raymann wrote: »

not too large

I'd also be interested to know if there's a phone like this around. Have a few friends put off by big size of the majority of these phones. 4.5 or 4.7 at a stretch would be big enough.

• Advertisement

G3 and all its new variants are 4.5 and in my opinion too small, Im going full phablet next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone here think its worth waiting for the jiayu g5? The thing that appeals to me is the fact it has a sony camera which are normally excellent quality.

Here is a review

http://www.gizchina.com/2013/10/22/jiayu-g5-high-quality-great-price-just-expensive-jiayu-phone/

Just my opinion and I usually dont give a sh1t what others think but I wouldnt feel good about my techy friends seeing me with such a blatant iphone rip-off, it would look a bit unprofessional whipping it out in a meeting at work aswell when everyone else has actual iphones. Also judging by the comments on the Gizchina article the spec isnt much better that a G4. Plus ordering that into the country theres a strong chance customs will confiscate it as counterfeit goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Thargor wrote: »
    Just my opinion and I usually dont give a sh1t what others think but I wouldnt feel good about my techy friends seeing me with such a blatant iphone rip-off, it would look a bit unprofessional whipping it out in a meeting at work aswell when everyone else has actual iphones. Also judging by the comments on the Gizchina article the spec isnt much better that a G4. Plus ordering that into the country theres a strong chance customs will confiscate it as counterfeit goods.

I'd agree with this, its identical to an iPhone. Didn't customs start seizing Samsung S3/S4 clones before as well? I'd be weary of trying to bring one into the country.

I'm glad they're trying higher end materials but seems kinda pointless when its just a clone of a pre-existing device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Bad times, had to wait three days for my DHL tracker to actually update but its now supposedly left Hong Kong. All I can say is I hope Xiaomi open up a proper international store as I wouldn't be particularly keen to deal with Meri again.

Just think of all the time you have saved, by not being able to sit around playing with your new phone!! :P

Its eating into my budget though I had planned to sell my Lenovo :pac:

Bad times, had to wait three days for my DHL tracker to actually update but its now supposedly left Hong Kong. All I can say is I hope Xiaomi open up a proper international store as I wouldn't be particularly keen to deal with Meri again.

Its a week now since it said shipped, DHL will investigate tomorrow if no update.

Which Lenovo is it ?? :)

Which Lenovo is it ?? :)

A830, whoever buys it needs to flash GAPPS because I cant for the life of me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Its a week now since it said shipped, DHL will investigate tomorrow if no update.

Oh? Mine has just reported as "Departed from Hong Kong", is that what yours says? Feeling a bit worried now. :(

• Advertisement

What type of Lenovo are you selling ?

Edit I see its already been asked

What do ye think of the Lenovo S830 ? Anyone here have one.

Looking at this as an alternative to the jiayu g4. Would the Lenovo be better made (maybe just thinking this as I recognise the brand?)

http://www.merimobiles.com/lenovo-s820-mt6589-quad-core-1-2ghz-4-7-inch-hd-with-android-4-2-4gb-dual-sim-3g-smartphone_p/meri7543.htm

Oh? Mine has just reported as "Departed from Hong Kong", is that what yours says? Feeling a bit worried now. :(

Mine just says shipped thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

My story........

Was looking for an upgrade, and then discovered this thread a couple of months back. After reading everyone contributions I decided to plump for The JIAYU G3ST. Total cost including root and shipping(DHL) €154 from merimobiles

Ordered 17th October
    Dispatched 24th October
    Arrived today 4th November (although customs at Shannon have had it since last Monday 28th :mad:) with a customs charge of €36.60.

Well I think its a lovely bit of kit, however bear in mind I'm upgrading from a Vodafone smart chat, so this is a considerable upgrade for me.

I know a few of you are also waiting on this device as well. Now I'm not the most technically gifted, but I'll try to answer any questions that I can, but I may need my hand held across that road.:o

There's been talk of 'antutu benchmark' on this thread so I downloaded it and the result was 16595 which puts it above the HTC ONE X and below the NEXUS 4 in the bar chart thingy (I have no idea what this means)

Hope this helps.

Getting pissed off now so ive asked for a new phone to be issued or a refund, If either hasnt been done by tomorrow ill open a dispute with paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

Getting pissed off now so ive asked for a new phone to be issued or a refund, If either hasnt been done by tomorrow ill open a dispute with paypal.

you can only do that once 30 days passed

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    you can only do that once 30 days passed

Ah crap!

Ah crap!

You should have bought my MX58 when you had the chance!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mine has finally arrived in Ireland and has been "sent to customs" according to AnPost - anyone know will I hear from them or do I have to chase it myself?

• Advertisement

You should have bought my MX58 when you had the chance!!! :P

Listen I couldnt do the sexual favours you wanted!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement