Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Im being teased at the minute by DHL, it hasnt been delivered yet and they cant contact the driver! Lil **** :pac:

When I was getting a tablet delivered by DHL before, the van happened to break down at 4:30pm on a friday evening :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Edwardius wrote: »
    Got my Jiayu G4 (MTK6589T processor). First android phone and I definitely prefer android to the windows phone I had for a year and bricked (it's actually configurable).

I was looking into custom ROMS but I'm pretty happy with the stock firmware

After 24hrs of fairly heavy use the battery was around 50% and it scored 16214 on the AnTuTu.

Haven't tested the camera yet as I'm awaiting an SD card.

GPS ain't the best. I tried the fix with mobileuncle but it's still not wonderful. Might look into improving the antenna somehow

Build quality is nice and solid, I'm very impressed overall!

That is disappointing about the GPS . This phone is near perfect if only it had the snapdragon chip... maybe one day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

When I was getting a tablet delivered by DHL before, the van happened to break down at 4:30pm on a friday evening :rolleyes:

It got delivered there :D

Erm theres no internal SD on it.....wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Erm theres no internal SD on it.....wtf

:confused:

• Advertisement

pajor wrote: »
    :confused:

Says theres no usb memory there!

Says theres no usb memory there!

No internal memory at all or an SD card put into it?

No internal memory at all or an SD card put into it?

No internal, now ill be using my own SD card for apps but jesus would have been nice to have it lol.

No internal, now ill be using my own SD card for apps but jesus would have been nice to have it lol.

So much for the 4GB advertised. :confused:

So much for the 4GB advertised. :confused:

Yeh ill be getting onto them im not impressed, thats me done with merimobiles.

• Advertisement

Yeh ill be getting onto them im not impressed, thats me done with merimobiles.

Did you order from them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

The SnapDragon version of the Xiaomi MI-3 might be the one to go for. Should be released in December.

http://www.merimobiles.com/xiaomi-mi-3-quad-core-2-3ghz-miui-v5-os-5inch-1920-1080-smartphone_p/meri8614.htm

Nate

Looks good alright, hopefully the price will be as attractive.

Any other ideas for a 5+ inch phone

Twice with no issues

Twice with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You must be doing something wrong, there has to be internal memory, Android itself needs something to run from obviously.

Thargor wrote: »
    You must be doing something wrong, there has to be internal memory.

Nope antutu says none either only 2.5 gb for the phone itself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭seanin4711

174 including the customs so im happy with that, Ill try sell my Lenovo for 160(130 Boardsies) so all in all no too much spent, but im broke so need to sell fast.

still have my a830 and love it!!
    cheers
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Has to be something up there then, even if it is only 4gb total (including phone OS), you should be able to access some of it. What happens if you take a photo with no sd card in the phone ? It has to have at least a small bit of storage you can access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

My 8gb sony only shows about 5gb in antutu so showing 2.5gb on a 4gb phone seems about right. If there was no memory then the phone wouldn't work.

I just put a terrabyte in my 360 and it only shows 886 GB free, this is the way of things unfortunately, I think there is a scientific explanation rather than marketing lies though.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Has to be something up there then, even if it is only 4gb total (including phone OS), you should be able to access some of it. What happens if you take a photo with no sd card in the phone ? It has to have at least a small bit of storage you can access.

Tried downloading a skin for my launcher it said no sd, I went to storage and no sd.

So its the SD card that's missing? Or the onboard memory? You're not being clear.

eamonnq wrote: »

Tried downloading a skin for my launcher it said no sd, I went to storage and no sd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Did you pay extra for an sd card? If not then its not meant to have one.

spix wrote: »
    Did you pay extra for an sd card? If not then its not meant to have one.

Thats an external sd card you pay extra for

Did you format the SD card after you put it in? Go into Settings>Storage>Unmount SD Card then the option to format it will appear, assuming you're talking about the SD card and not the internal storage on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I downloaded a few apps telling me about the phone.
    A few said I've a MTK6589...That app Antutu says I've a MTK6589T.
    I can't find the info on the phone itself.
    Bloody hope Its a MTK6589T, that's the one I payed for!

If Antutu says its a T then its a T.

He's talking about the internal SD - the internal partition that is used for apps. Usually with Chinese 4gb phones the internal sd is only about 500mb, with the rest being used for ordinary data storage. Have you possibly used that up? I'm sure you can repartition the internal space with some app if you're rooted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Barr wrote: »
    That is disappointing about the GPS . This phone is near perfect if only it had the snapdragon chip... maybe one day.
    tested it out there again. GPS is grand once it fixes on a satellite. worked fine on the way home in the car.happy days!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement