Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

He's talking about the internal SD - the internal partition that is used for apps. Usually with Chinese 4gb phones the internal sd is only about 500mb, with the rest being used for ordinary data storage. Have you possibly used that up? I'm sure you can repartition the internal space with some app if you're rooted.

I've checked a few aliexpress jiayu g3 listings. They show screenshots from antutu and it says internal storage 2560mb. No mention of an sd card. I doubt it's meant to have one tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Strange one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Strange one anyway

Just to clarify.. have you got a SD card in it now?

Strange one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭RaggyDays

spix wrote: »
    I've checked a few aliexpress jiayu g3 listings. They show screenshots from antutu and it says internal storage 2560mb. No mention of an sd card. I doubt it's meant to have one tbh.

Funny you say that because the g3 I have has got a micro sd card slot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Sorry to hijack the thread, can someone recommend a good chinese phone was looking at the a830 great phone not to sure where to get it or how much, what puts me of about chinese phones is the build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

stevek93 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread, can someone recommend a good chinese phone was looking at the a830 great phone not to sure where to get it or how much, what puts me of about chinese phones is the build quality.

Lots of info in seller here-just read the posts and search sites mentioned. All the main sellers are named here. Happy reading !

pajor wrote: »
    Just to clarify.. have you got a SD card in it now?

Not yet but as im on the lenovo still, but my lenovo has internal phone memory and a internal SD aswell as my own.

stevek93 wrote: »

Have one for sale on adverts great phone.

Has anyone bought from mixeshop? Curious about their EUEXP shipping.

• Advertisement

Btw beware of sneaky boardsies trolling your adverts :pac: Im looking at you eamonnq!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Edwardius wrote: »
    tested it out there again. GPS is grand once it fixes on a satellite. worked fine on the way home in the car.happy days!

That good to know – I’m after something with good GPS and was hoping the
    G4 would fit the bill.

Does it take long to find a satellite ?

Where did you buy yours from. I think the Jiayu offers the best value for money at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Btw beware of sneaky boardsies trolling your adverts :pac: Im looking at you eamonnq!

I am not trolling, only looking for a bargain!! Was going to ask if Gapps were installed (now that WOULD be trolling!!!) :P

eamonnq wrote: »
    I am not trolling, only looking for a bargain!! Was going to ask if Gapps were installed (now that WOULD be trolling!!!) :P

boardsie offer is 130 ;) its noted that google apps will need to be flashed, you where too busy running my ad down to notice :pac::D

boardsie offer is 130 ;) its noted that google apps will need to be flashed, you where too busy running my ad down to notice :pac::D

Me actually READ an ad ??!! You must be mixing me up with someone else!!:D

eamonnq wrote: »
    Me actually READ an ad ??!! You must be mixing me up with someone else!!:D

I really should put pics up it might help! Work computers have blocked uploads though.

I really should put pics up it might help! Work computers have blocked uploads though.

Could you post a link ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lenovo-A830-8MP-FM-Quad-Core-GSM-Quadband-5-Dual-SIM-Standby-Android-Smartphone-/121047019607

• Registered Users Posts: 16,684 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Folks I posted earlier regarding this but I'm still looking for some pointers.
    My son wants a new Android for Xmas and is after something like this
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of this handset?
    Or can recommend something better?
    His previous phone was my old HTC Desire, and @that size is what we are after but obviously rugged and capable of gaming(angry birds/Temple Run)
    Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Quick question for those with newer Androids from China. Can you download most/all apps from google play?

Reason I ask is I had a dual sim android before and while it was a great phone, no problems at all there was a lot of good apps that are "not compatible with your device" which was very annoying. Nothing to do with graphics either, apps like daft and whatsapp.

I wouldn't mind trying another Chinese android because the dual sim is handy for me but is it common that not all apps are available on these phones for some reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My G3 is getting on a bit now and I never find an app it cant run, I dont think Ive ever come across any except for maybe one Need for Speed or something last year, its way better than my xperia Play was anyway. Id say most of these phones are the same, their stock roms are closer to stock Android than samsung and Sonys offerings.

So it boils down to this. The G3 Turbo or the W200?

Though after what tallaghtmick found out, I'm swaying towards the W200.

So it boils down to this. The G3 Turbo or the W200?

Though after what tallaghtmick found out, I'm swaying towards the W200.

Why not go for the G4 , better designed and has a superior camera.

Barr wrote: »
    Why not go for the G4 , better designed and has a superior camera.

That what you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Expecting my W200 in a day or two. Will let you know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Still not clear about what the actual problem is with Tallaghtmicks phone, Ive never seen a phone with internal memory, an internal SD memory, and an SD slot...

Thargor wrote: »
    Still not clear about what the actual problem is with Tallaghtmicks phone, Ive never seen a phone with internal memory, an internal SD memory, and an SD slot...

I think we're all a bit confused about that one..

Looking at the G4 now, it's just about in budget. But it's got the same 4GB internal memory..

That what you have?

Not yet :) . The specs for the price is hard to beat. Great battery as well if you go for the 3000mah version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Barr wrote: »
    That good to know – I’m after something with good GPS and was hoping the
    G4 would fit the bill.

Does it take long to find a satellite ?

Where did you buy yours from. I think the Jiayu offers the best value for money at the moment.

I'm getting a 'fix' in 10-15s outside or in the car. I bought it off Mixeshop, I think it worked out at €177 including shipping, before tax. I had it sent by regular post, which took about a month with singpost.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Folks I posted earlier regarding this but I'm still looking for some pointers.
    My son wants a new Android for Xmas and is after something like this
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of this handset?
    Or can recommend something better?
    His previous phone was my old HTC Desire, and @that size is what we are after but obviously rugged and capable of gaming(angry birds/Temple Run)
    Any advice appreciated.

I don't think you'd be able to play too many games on that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement